Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Terrell Owens: I didn't get the ball enough

Zen-like Todd

Funny Dude. He was getting owned by Springs, got owned by Rogers three plays in a row, had 18 balls thrown in his direction, and he didn't get the ball enough?

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2008/09/terrell-owens-i-didnt-get-the-ball-enoug.html

The Cowboys know they have an excellent weapon in Terrell Owens. Against the Redskins, the Cowboys may have tried to force it to T.O. way too much.

Owens had seven catches for 71 yards and bulled his way into the end zone for a 10-yard touchdown in the third quarter. But Shawn Springs smothered Owens in the first half, and Carlos Rogers took over in the second when Springs suffered a calf injury.

The Cowboys ran 58 offensive plays. They threw it to him 18 times and let Owens run it twice on two end-arounds. Yet when asked if the ball was thrown his way often enough, Owens said: "I would say no. I'm a competitor, and I want the ball.

"There were some opportunities there, and there were some opportunities there where they were holding and the refs just didn't call it. You can't blame the refs; we just didn't make the plays.

"Everybody recognized that I wasn't really getting the ball in the first half," Owens said. "I'm pretty sure everybody watching the game recognized it, people in the stands recognized it, I think my team recognized it. I didn't quit. I kept fighting and trying to running my routes and trying to get open."

(Dallas Morning News photo by Milton Hinnant)

I am convinced that Owens, despite being the great player that he is, most of the time...has some pretty significant psychological problems. The guy needs to see a psychiatrist or something. The cowboys did EVERYTHING possible to get him involved in the game, but you know what T.O. You were outplayed!!! Plain and simple. You were owned. You had your chances, and you did NOTHING. Sleep on that one.

Wants the ball more!! They threw to him 18 times!! He caught 7 and also had two rushes. The ball was put too much into T.O.'s hands if you ask me. The funny thing was when he got that TD he was on the sideline posing 5 minutes after his TD. I love seeing T.O. fail and then complain

TO is a cry baby @ss dummy! TO isn't happy when his team wins and doesn't get his touches... TO isn't happy when he does get his touches and his team loses so either way your screwed with his whinning butt... All TO cares is about himself and his stat instead of winning games. Hey sometimes your gonna be the star of the game, and sometimes you ain't, but just as long as your winning games thats what ultimately counts!

This a sign of things to come. The Cowboys are going to blow up as the season goes on, and the reason is the RIDICULOUS hype that has been placed on this season. They expect to win every week, and nothing less than a blow out is going to be expected. T.O. will be swinging the wrecking ball before it's all over.

Archived