Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

EA blast's fox news for Mass Effect story

chow184

the whole thing originated when fox had their annual video games are bad circle jerk inviting 1 avid gamer and many non-gaming conservatives.

seeing as EA had just bought bioware the company that made mass effect,they defended their new addition to the family with the following letter

aint it funny how fox is home to family guy who pushes the roof to another level in terms of questionable content.

your talking about a show on basic cable (which I do enjoy)

to a video game that is rated M,and if small children are getting their hands on it,the kids aren't buying it the parents are.

and the fact mass effect is rated M is almost absurd because there are PG13 movies that show alot more than the nippleless side view of a boob, and butt cheeks.

But that's not the publisher's problem. It all comes back to the mamas and the papas.

mamasandpapaspapasandmamas6sd.jpg

oh of course.....but parents don't care anymore....

Seems like every kid now has cable with cinemax @ night :hump: , grand theft auto, a beer gut ( due to soda ) , and some kind of "learning disability." :doh:

I blame it on the genes :shot:

it is SOooooo Easy to steal games like this for everyday electronic store....

this is why their are so many friggin 8 year olds on Gears of War.....

The same is gonna happen with ALL *M* games.....

you've seen some hardcore 8 year olds...

I work in retail

I had a guy come in with his 2 young children below 6 years old

he was buying a 360 and asked his kids what they'd wanna play and they wanted gears. I'm like sir "this game is incredibly violent and full of gore"

he's like nah it's cool, and this was almost my exact expression :doh:

you've seen some hardcore 8 year olds...

I work in retail

I had a guy come in with his 2 young children below 6 years old

he was buying a 360 and asked his kids what they'd wanna play and they wanted gears. I'm like sir "this game is incredibly violent and full of gore"

he's like nah it's cool, and this was almost my exact expression :doh:

After which he robbed you at knife point and had sex with a hooker while freebasing crack off his mother's navel?

Ever since college started for me, I have played less and less video games, but this unfair animosity towards video games is pretty pathetic. Old news, but it's just another example of those who don't want to accept responsibility for their actions. They would rather generalize something they don't understand and have no desire to understand as an evil.

Ever since college started for me, I have played less and less video games, but this unfair animosity towards video games is pretty pathetic. Old news, but it's just another example of those who don't want to accept responsibility for their actions. They would rather generalize something they don't understand and have no desire to understand as an evil.

I totally agree. It's funny, I bet those who criticize video games haven't played any of them. I've played the most violent and sex-filled video games since I was 4 years old, and let me tell you, the difference between me becoming a violent, sex-crazed loser and a well-adapted, relatively successful adult was proper parenting, not ripping a fantastical enemy's heart out as a some intense guy screamed "Finish Him!"

Edit: BTW, a source no less prestigious than Harvard released a popular study many years ago detailing how video game play in early life led to improved skills among surgeons.

Second Edit: I LOVE how the "panel" is totally biased against the game when they obviously haven't seen or played a video game since Atari. Even the interviewer herself was biased. What crock of ****.

I totally agree. It's funny, I bet those who criticize video games haven't played any of them. I've played the most violent and sex-filled video games since I was 4 years old, and let me tell you, the difference between me becoming a violent, sex-crazed loser and a well-adapted, relatively successful adult was proper parenting, not ripping a fantastical enemy's heart out as a some intense guy screamed "Finish Him!"

Edit: BTW, a source no less prestigious than Harvard released a popular study many years ago detailing how video game play in early life led to improved skills among surgeons.

It is lazy parents that cannot control their f*cktard kids that whine to the government.

Parents:

1. Don't buy the games with violence.

2. Don't allow those types of games in your home. (stop being lazy and enforce your rule)

3. Don't allow your kid to play these games at other people's homes

4. Know your kid and your kid's friends as well as the friend's parents

5. Spend time with your kids and ask them questions

6. Ask the grown ups that you know play games questions.

If Parents did their job then this would be a non-issue.

It is lazy parents that cannot control their f*cktard kids that whine to the government.

Parents:

1. Don't buy the games with violence.

2. Don't allow those types of games in your home. (stop being lazy and enforce your rule)

3. Don't allow your kid to play these games at other people's homes

4. Know your kid and your kid's friends as well as the friend's parents

5. Spend time with your kids and ask them questions

6. Ask the grown ups that you know play games questions.

If Parents did their job then this would be a non-issue.

Exactly. The part that makes the least sense is that these people did not do their homework. There are plenty of games out there that are stimulating for a young mind and that don't include sex/violence/graphic content. Yet, instead of promoting those video games, they get in an uproar about something they've never seen in their life. The interviewer even admitted not knowing anything about the game except for some trailers she watched that very same day.

Exactly.

Always blame it on something, but if you are going to blame video games, then you need to blame tv, music, movies, myspace, the internet, and everything else out there.

HEY! Maybe you should raise your own damn kids rather than let media do it.

Geoff Keighly is one of my favorite video game press people.

This episode is completely and utterly WRONG, full digital nudity? uhh... where? show me one scene with full digital nudity? Show me where I can tell the characters what to do where they are having sex? Show me more than one article saying that teenagers who play these games can't distinguish between virtual reality and reality.

None of this idiots have ever played the game, so they have zero credibility when it comes to talking about it. I am not going to review warhawk because I have never played it.

The one guy in glasses says he has a 6 year old daughter and would never let Mass Effect into his house.. NO ****, your daughter is 6 ****ing years old, this game is for individuals 17 and older.

The one lady says this game should be AO.. are you ****ing kidding me? AO? THE MAN GAME was A ****ing O, the content of mass effect pales in comparison.

There is a 30 second love scene in this game. Watching the Family Guy on prime time you see Peter's ass half the time. Geebus people.

What about General Custers game on Atari? what do you do in that game? 'nuff said.

If they gave Keighly more than 3 seconds of face time he would have have made every individual in that segment look like an ass, because he actually knows what the **** he is talking about.

Geoff Keighly is one of my favorite video game press people.

This episode is completely and utterly WRONG, full digital nudity? uhh... where? show me one scene with full digital nudity? Show me where I can tell the characters what to do where they are having sex? Show me more than one article saying that teenagers who play these games can't distinguish between virtual reality and reality.

None of this idiots have ever played the game, so they have zero credibility when it comes to talking about it. I am not going to review warhawk because I have never played it.

The one guy in glasses says he has a 6 year old daughter and would never let Mass Effect into his house.. NO ****, your daughter is 6 ****ing years old, this game is for individuals 17 and older.

The one lady says this game should be AO.. are you ****ing kidding me? AO? THE MAN GAME was A ****ing O, the content of mass effect pales in comparison.

There is a 30 second love scene in this game. Watching the Family Guy on prime time you see Peter's ass half the time. Geebus people.

What about General Custers game on Atari? what do you do in that game? 'nuff said.

If they gave Keighly more than 3 seconds of face time he would have have made every individual in that segment look like an ass, because he actually knows what the **** he is talking about.

Fantastic post. I wish they let you on the air to talk about Mass Effect so they could see how misguided they really are.

funniest thing is the soccermom talking about the game getting an adult only rating which is a stamp of death to any video game. much like a casual summer flick getting hit with nc-17,and having to tone it down to get an R rating.

if mass effect was a movie it would be pg-13 pushing R as it lacks any substantial amount of gore or harsh languange while including a love scene that shows buttcheeks and the side of a boob not revealing any nipples.

When the game was being made, I remember seeing some early videos of topless characters in the love scenes and being somewhat surprised.

BioWare had always gone out of its way to be "safe" in that respect in the past. But hey, I'm fine with new directions. I mean, why not bring some adult visuals to an adult title - especially with how gorgeous the character models looked. Of course, that was right around the time of Oblivion and San Andreas and... their issues... and I'm not sure the leadership of the project at BioWare even wanted that in the first place.

I'm not sure exactly how it went down but suddenly the nudity in Mass Effect was tamed into the version that you currently see. Which is, to reiterate, pretty tame. :P I have no problem with titillation. I mean, if you're going to make a game for young men - well, that's what they want to see. But the fact is that BioWare didn't make what Fox says they made and it's really surprising (though it probably should not be) that not only would Fox make such a claim, but that they wouldn't even acknowledge their obvious error. "Talk to our PR department."? That's their response? Seriously?

Archived