Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bly's agent says his client's happy as Bronco

EvoSkins

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/nfl/article/0,2777,DRMN_23918_5402690,00.html

By Lee Rasizer, Rocky Mountain News

March 8, 2007

The agent for cornerback Dré Bly on Wednesday threw a bucket of cold water on persistent speculation that the cornerback is unhappy with last week's trade that brought the two-time Pro Bowl player to Denver.

"I've had nothing but positive dialogue with the Broncos," Kennard McGuire said. "There hasn't been one negative element in play."

Bly, part of a three-player, two-draft-pick trade after four seasons with the Detroit Lions, reportedly was angling for a deal to join the Washington Redskins on the heels of that previous deal.

Reasons for his alleged displeasure have centered in reports on the proximity of Bly's hometown to the D.C. area and the fact that talks had begun on a long-term contract with the Redskins before Denver jumped into the fray.

But Bly has yet to come out publicly against the deal. And last week, Champ Bailey, who figures to pair with Bly to form one of the NFL's top cornerback tandems, said that in his talks with his new teammate, before and after the Broncos deal, Bly was excited about his new situation.

McGuire seconded that notion.

"Obviously, he's very excited to be there and has not expressed anything else," he said.

As for all the rumors regarding Bly's mind-set, McGuire had opted to say nothing, because it was out of his control.

"I'm quite finished with this," he said.

Bly is expected to be in town near the start of the April 2 offseason conditioning program.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/nfl/article/0,2777,DRMN_23918_5402690,00.html

By Lee Rasizer, Rocky Mountain News

March 8, 2007

The agent for cornerback Dré Bly on Wednesday threw a bucket of cold water on persistent speculation that the cornerback is unhappy with last week's trade that brought the two-time Pro Bowl player to Denver.

"I've had nothing but positive dialogue with the Broncos," Kennard McGuire said. "There hasn't been one negative element in play."

Bly, part of a three-player, two-draft-pick trade after four seasons with the Detroit Lions, reportedly was angling for a deal to join the Washington Redskins on the heels of that previous deal.

Reasons for his alleged displeasure have centered in reports on the proximity of Bly's hometown to the D.C. area and the fact that talks had begun on a long-term contract with the Redskins before Denver jumped into the fray.

But Bly has yet to come out publicly against the deal. And last week, Champ Bailey, who figures to pair with Bly to form one of the NFL's top cornerback tandems, said that in his talks with his new teammate, before and after the Broncos deal, Bly was excited about his new situation.

McGuire seconded that notion.

"Obviously, he's very excited to be there and has not expressed anything else," he said.

As for all the rumors regarding Bly's mind-set, McGuire had opted to say nothing, because it was out of his control.

"I'm quite finished with this," he said.

Bly is expected to be in town near the start of the April 2 offseason conditioning program.

who cares ... lets move on and have a great draft and let the buckaroos have bly and lets trade down with some one else

Nobody is going to give up half their draft for one player. The story was drummed up by the WP. Deal was never gonna happen. But it was intresting talk for a couple days. Let's get the OL/DL help we need.

im going with PR, that report came out yesterday , while espn has also reported that they are working on a deal , with Giants and Saints also in it , if his agent just lets it be that its just the Skins that bly wants to play for , then the broncos have no power in the trade, i just think this was clean up to get a trade done because the broncos are bringing in CB David Macklin for a visit .. denver wants a big deal , and they are trying to drive up the price on the trade

This is nothing new. It's the same report that said he has never publicly voiced displeasure. True, he has never even spoken publicly as a Bronco. His agent has spoken very diplomatically. Word is and always has been that he is pissed, but has kept that between himself, his agent, and the Broncos; NOT the public.

I don't think is a dead issue. this is a PR move. There is friction between bly and donkeys and between springs and skins. i think near draft day, this will happen. I just wish i knew what offer skins give him. Was it close to chump money, less/more? anyone know?

The Denver report of this convientely left out quotes like this

"Dre understands that it is a compliment to be wanted. Neither Dre nor myself have said publicly that he is disenchanted. I understand why certain teams only allow the head coach to speak publicly. If Dre is so miserable or unhappy, it hasn't been publicly said by Dre or myself. "

Yeah, sounds like he's real happy to be there. He doesn't say he's happy to be there, doesn't say he doesn't want a trade, just says that's never been said publically. He didn't deny it, just said we never said that to the media. I like how the Denver paper leaves that out. This is nothing but a PR move. We'll see what happens

i going with PR, that came out yesterday , while espn reported they are working a deal , with Giants and Saints in it , if his agent just lets it be that its just the Skins he wants to go to, then the broncos have no power in the trade, i just think this was clean up to get a trade done because the broncos are bringing in CB David Macklin for a visit .. denver wants a big deal , and they are trying to drive up the price on the trade

and then this one time, at band camp, we played this game, its called spin the bottle, .....

j/k :D

If Dre comes out and says he's happy I'll believe it...I really tend to distrust what any agent says about his client because they always have an agenda, it's nothing personal it's just what being an agent is all about. But I'm not going to believe anything anyone says throughout this whole ordeal unless Dre Bly speaks.

This would end all the trade talk for me. I don't want any of this done on the qt. If what his agent is saying isn't true and Bly really wants out of Denver, all these comments do is help Denver. If this trade happens, I want it to be as ugly as possible, so Denver HAS to get rid of him. That way, we'll get a better deal.

Could be just PR speak. It's disappointing if true - not so much because of Bly, but because of all the draft picks that were rumored to be involved.

I don't think it was worth it, so I hope the story has a stronger basis in reality. I have no interest in a 30 year old corner looking for a pay day, and while I could live with trading down, I couldnt live with trading down that far. It would basically bring us out of the range of the guys we should be targetting on the DL (In my view Adams, Branch, Okoye, and Anderson). I'm all for listening to trade offers, but I don't think we should even consider any move until we see who falls to slot six.

Archived