Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bly's agent says his client's happy as Bronco

EvoSkins

I don't think it was worth it, so I hope the story has a stronger basis in reality. I have no interest in a 30 year old corner looking for a pay day, and while I could live with trading down, I couldnt live with trading down that far. It would basically bring us out of the range of the guys we should be targetting on the DL (In my view Adams, Branch, Okoye, and Anderson). I'm all for listening to trade offers, but I don't think we should even consider any move until we see who falls to slot six.

Agreed, its a gamble on draft day, but if the right guy falls, the payoff could be huge! The biggest deals can be made while we're on the clock

As I have read in other theads Denver Really has no leverage if its known the DB doesn't want to be there. All this does is try to mask the fact that they need to trade him. This Agent is trying to drive up the price so Denver gets a better trade and his client gets a better contract. I am not fooled and niether should the fron office. Dre himself has yet to speak on his own behalf.

How is it that when we deal for players they make speaches on being glad to be a Redskins and so on. He has yet to say anything. Denver your up the creek and you know it. Be real with yourself. you will eventually end up releasing him for nothing. Give us bly and your 1st 2nd, and 3rd for Springs , you will not get a better deal.

Front office be steadfast. This deal is in our favor. Denver doesn't wan't a player that doesn't want to play for them.

Nice try by the agent to cover this up but it's spilt milk now.

Plus, the article said he wasn't gonna report until April 2nd. Fletcher and Smoot were here the next night with a press conference. All this is is damage control.

good point.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Offseason is slow, we gotta think of some drama to happen :laugh:

I just sent an email to JLC of the Washington Post and asked him what the latest news on Bly was and he replied : Hey bro, thanks for checking in. We just have to wait and see how it plays out now. Denver is shopping him and wants the 6th overall pick; Skins have been talking to the Broncos for weeks and now some other teams are interested in Bly as well. have to see how it progresses. Even if Bly is not dealt, though, I still think they could end up swapping draft picks with denver before the draft.

Thanks again for checking in.

Cheers.

just wanted to share

I just sent an email to JLC of the Washington Post and asked him what the latest news on Bly was and he replied : Hey bro, thanks for checking in. We just have to wait and see how it plays out now. Denver is shopping him and wants the 6th overall pick; Skins have been talking to the Broncos for weeks and now some other teams are interested in Bly as well. have to see how it progresses. Even if Bly is not dealt, though, I still think they could end up swapping draft picks with denver before the draft.

Thanks again for checking in.

Cheers.

just wanted to share

our front office can't be this stupid.... Bly is who we want..... if not then trade down with another team :doh:

our front office can't be this stupid.... Bly is who we want..... if not then trade down with another team :doh:

We gotta be smart about this. Too many times we jump up and down like a dog that wants to go out to take a dump, then when we try to come back in the door slams in our tail.

I don't believe Bly is happy if Denver refuses to give him a contract extension while he was discussing a multi-year deal with the Redskins before the trade :)

Now, if Denver steps up with a long-term deal I think he would stay in CO no questions asked.

But money is a good motivator. Shanahan can't really sell the Broncos to Bly as Denver failed to make the playoffs last season and is breaking in a new quarterback.

Yes, I think the Broncos want to send us Bly and their 1st and 3rd. No way do I deal like this. You bet we want to get Bly and he is itchin' to sign a contract with us. I am sure his agent is saying all the right things now because if he plays with Denver this year he needs to keep his remarks to a minimum, otherwise no one will want to sign him due to his attitude. Better to stop the crying now and make the money next year. There is a reason why we have offloaded so much money within the last couple of days and that is to sign Bly to an extention and make the trade, I believe and absorb Spring's cost and trade him during FA or sometime soon.

Yes, I think the Broncos want to send us Bly and their 1st and 3rd. No way do I deal like this. You bet we want to get Bly and he is itchin' to sign a contract with us. I am sure his agent is saying all the right things now because if he plays with Denver this year he needs to keep his remarks to a minimum, otherwise no one will want to sign him due to his attitude. Better to stop the crying now and make the money next year. There is a reason why we have offloaded so much money within the last couple of days and that is to sign Bly to an extention and make the trade, I believe and absorb Spring's cost and trade him during FA or sometime soon.

and I forgot...We want their 1st 3 picks in the draft and Bly. If the Bronco's can't ante up then this deal is dead as a door nail.

Personally I think the Broncos are doing just what JLC said. They are shopping Bly to the giants and saints in hopes of getting more picks. If they do then they will give us value on the chart and get our sixth pick and still have a day 1 pick and their late day 2 picks. For instance if they get a 2nd from the giants then they can trade us their 1st, 2nd, the giants 2nd, and our third back. That should be about right, I didn't add up the exact points but I think you get the point. They still keep their third, 6th, and 7th I think. They can do this because the giants and saints are desperate for corner help. Currently Denver cannot trade us enough picks this year to equal 1600 points. Denver also doesn't dip into next years picks very often if ever under Shanny.

I think our FO is probably demanding BLY + Denvers 1st, 2nd, and both thirds. This is only deal I see making sense.

Denver only had 2 + mil in cap space on March 2nd, they restructured Champ to save 3+ miil and then they signed some players. I don't think they have the room to give bly an extension and sign a bunch of draft picks. That is why they are not demanding springs in compensation for bly.

This is all just speculation but there definitely seems to be something goin on.

If this isn't true why hasn't Bly come out and say it was a rumor. Even Ron Artest came out publicly when he was traded to Sacramento to say that it was a rumor that he said he wouldn't play there and he would be happy to go to Sacramento.

Bly wants to be a Redskin, he wants a long term deal, and he wants a signing bonus...and why are other teams now in the market for Bly as well, I guess its because he wants to stay in Denver.

Come on, this is PR bullcrap his agent said hes happy, not the man.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/nfl/article/0,2777,DRMN_23918_5402690,00.html

Bly's agent says his client's happy as Bronco

By Lee Rasizer, Rocky Mountain News

March 8, 2007

The agent for cornerback Dré Bly on Wednesday threw a bucket of cold water on persistent speculation that the cornerback is unhappy with last week's trade that brought the two-time Pro Bowl player to Denver.

"I've had nothing but positive dialogue with the Broncos," Kennard McGuire said. "There hasn't been one negative element in play."

Bly, part of a three-player, two-draft-pick trade after four seasons with the Detroit Lions, reportedly was angling for a deal to join the Washington Redskins on the heels of that previous deal.

Reasons for his alleged displeasure have centered in reports on the proximity of Bly's hometown to the D.C. area and the fact that talks had begun on a long-term contract with the Redskins before Denver jumped into the fray.

But Bly has yet to come out publicly against the deal. And last week, Champ Bailey, who figures to pair with Bly to form one of the NFL's top cornerback tandems, said that in his talks with his new teammate, before and after the Broncos deal, Bly was excited about his new situation.

McGuire seconded that notion.

"Obviously, he's very excited to be there and has not expressed anything else," he said.

As for all the rumors regarding Bly's mind-set, McGuire had opted to say nothing, because it was out of his control.

"I'm quite finished with this," he said.

Bly is expected to be in town near the start of the April 2 offseason conditioning program.

Leveraging for a new contract!!!

The broncs will kiss and make up!

Dre'.......go away!!

Archived