Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Orton named Bears Starter(merged x 3)

Ricky Ervins

I'm not going to get overconfident. He is a rookie and our aggressive scheme should give him fits, however Chicago has a very good defense that can put points on the board themselves. Our offense must stay mistake free and not give Orton short fields to work with.

This is a game we should be favored to win and should win pretty easily given their QB situation. It would be ONE HECK of a let down to really even be challenged all that much. Orton is in for a real introduction to the league :).

I'm not going to get overconfident. He is a rookie and our aggressive scheme should give him fits, however Chicago has a very good defense that can put points on the board themselves. Our offense must stay mistake free and not give Orton short fields to work with.

You and me both. EVERY team makes me nervous.

Orton is a rookie still learning not only how to throw the ball high after playing with a horrible release in college, but, learning how to drop back after playing in the shotgun. Hutchinson sucked, don't get me wrong, but, Orton will be lucky to throw for 100 yards in this game. But, I've been surprised before.

This isn't about underestimating the opponent. A rookie with so much work to do JUST to learn how to drop back properly will have now know what hit him when the game is at full speed against this defense. We give mature QBs fits with where to go with the ball. No rookie's going to do much. If we self destruct, we'll lose. We know that. But, it won't have anything to do with the Bears.

I saw Orton play the other night and I knew he was going to start. One thing about Rookie's is that they do not have enough experience to know that they should be nervous.

Orton is very poised in the pocket, confident, accurate with his passes etc. And he has a great arm. A bit like how Ben looked last year for the Steelers. It will be good matchup for the Skins.

Archived