Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which sports reporters do you like/hate?

Spaceman Spiff

Besides the obvious (Peter Queen, Pastabelly). Which sports reporters/writers do you like and don't like?

I like Wilbon and Kornheiser. Actually, Jim Rome is growing on me. His style is different, I can see where a lot of people don't like him, but I think he provides pretty good insight.

I HATE Skip Bayless. I like that show Cold Pizza, but I sometimes have to force myself not to change the channel when he's on. His arguments are horrible and he looks like he's totally clueless half the time.

Oh, and Espn.com Page 2's Sportsguy rules all.

I like wilbon and kornheiser. Those are the main too that i enjoy...i like peter gamons and tim kurkian (sp?) and a couple others here and there.

I have to say i dont like Cowheard or Jim Rome, and denis miller (if you count him being on MNF) as sports haha.

Don't know how many of you have been watching the NBA Playoffs, but here it goes:

Like-

Wizards Crew-I think they are great just for being some local sports announcers. And plus, what is better than hearing "DAGGERRR!!!"

Charles Barkley-I love how he is so direct, he can say whatever the hell he wants. If you ever watch TNT's basketball pregame type show, he always gets into some argument with the white anchor guy. It's hilarious.

Marv Albert-He is just a good play-by-play guy and has his signature saying "YESSS!!!"

Hate-

Bill Walton-I can't stand him. He's seems like such an idiot, and every game he does, he obsesses with one player for the whole damn game. He always talks about how the guy is "The Greatest Player I Have Ever Seen!!" He also doesn't know when to stop talking as a color commentator.

Steve Kerr-Mike Fratello was so much better. Kerr seems like he always favors one team, and like Walton, obsesses with a certain point in the game. Plus, he was so PRO BULLS (SUPRISE) during the Wizards playoff series.

I also love the baseball tonight crew,

By the way, what is up with all these Dickie V haters....:laugh: Corso ain't bad either, it's kind of funny how neither of these guys really know anything at all. They both kind of get by by just being crazy. I love how for the Gameday Crew, whenever they go to some college, when Corso picks against the home team, he gets all dressed up in the other teams colors. You can always see guys flicking him off in the background.....Its great!!

Gammons is great.

I absolutely dispise Woody Paige. He wrote an article blasting the Pats two years ago, so I sent out an e-mail to everyone calling him a fraud and copied him on it. I actually got into a debate with him and his views. He's a real ass, as I found out through his e-mails.

I have a hatred for Mike tirico, and Stuart Scott.

Tirico just annoys me, and Mr. BOOYAH is painful to watch (and listen to)

I like Jim Rome, but I can see how he could be annoying to some. I hear him for a 1/2 hour or so every week. we just got Colin Cowherd in NYC, his show is brutal. I can only stomach that show for 15 minutes or so.......

Originally posted by skinzfan4life

Forgot about dukie V---he is an windbag...also Bill Walton, he is a hoser for the lakers.

i hate bill walton. he's not just a hoser for the lakers, he's a hoser for who ever is playing that day. the lakers are on a lot, so, yeah, he hoses for them quite a bit, but whoever is playing right now is one of the best teams in history, lol.

my least favorite is joe theismann. great qb, horrible announcer. just count how many times he says "i" or "we" in one game.

Football: I like Madden, Daryl Johnson, Aikmen....can't stand Collinsworth

Basketball: I like Buck and Phil our local Wiz announcers....I like Walton because he is a wack-a-loon.....I also like Marv because he likes to bite ass....don't like Barkley.

Baseball: Is dead to me :(

I enjoy these guys: Dan Lebatard, Steve Buckhantz & Phil Chenier, Roy Jones Jr., Bill Walton, Hubie Brown, Doug Collins, Marv Albert, Larry Merchant, Bill Simmons, Kenny Smith

I do not enjoy these guys: Screamin A Smith, Magic Johnson, Kenny Albert, Bill Maas, Whichever Albert son it is who does boxing for Showtime, Jim Lampley, Craig Sager, Dickie V, Theisman, Mike Patrick, Collinsworth

I'm forgetting so many.

I gotta give it up to the ladies at Comcast, Sage Steele and Kelli Johnson. Too often, fairly or not, women broadcasters in sports are seen merely as eye candy and it is assumed they don't know their stuff. And in many cases, sadly, that's true. [see Lisa Guerrero.] But these girls seem to have a good handle on things. I give 'em props.

I can't stand most of the Sunday Sports Reporters ESPN roundtable crew. I say they are wrong about 80% of the time and have a terrible Northeastern bias and I say that as a Northeasterner! Bob Ryan, Mike Lupica. I hate them.

No offense to the Jim Rome fan but I honestly think his radio show is geared to sports fans with low IQs.

Archived