Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(RUMOR) Holy Crap! Moss traded to Ravens for #22!!??

mhd24

Honestly, I'd be ok with this if true. That's big value for Moss and it would further send a message that Gibbs isn't kidding around. I think Moss could have a big year, so if he's here I'll be happy too, but, if this happened to occur, I'd support it and understand why and be somewhat surprised by how much value in return it provided.

I believe this was a joke thread over at CPND. I hope I'm wrong there. PC is a respected poster else I wouldn't have paid this any mind, but, reading the responses there and PC's own reply with a link pointing to "chicken little" I take it they let him have a little fun with that post and it is not true. It would be interesting if it WERE true :).

Originally posted by fansince62

if it were true it does strongly suggest one thing since it is very unlikely the Skins will have $$$ for 3 first round picks: a package deal to move up in the draft IOT select the WR they covet....

Based on money, it does no such thing. The contract signed by a #22 pick will be significantly less than any extension Moss receives. It would be a win against the cap.

zen....wrong...I know full well that a higher round pick costs more...the point was that a package trade would reduce two first round picks into one first round pick. depending on how the higher contract is written it may or may not cost out more. In the long run, two first rounders who become productive would almost certainly cost more in the aggregate.

Archived