Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(RUMOR) Holy Crap! Moss traded to Ravens for #22!!??

mhd24

Originally posted by fansince62

zen....wrong...I know full well that a higher round pick costs more...the point was that a package trade would reduce two first round picks into one first round pick. depending on how the higher contract is written it may or may not cost out more. In the long run, two first rounders who become productive would almost certainly cost more in the aggregate.

It simply would not come out more. Moss is going to receive a SB/contract that would overwhelm any difference that would have been gained from packaging the picks to move up. Adding to which, its a moot point, its a fake thread.

Originally posted by fansince62

if it were true it does strongly suggest one thing since it is very unlikely the Skins will have $$$ for 3 first round picks: a package deal to move up in the draft IOT select the WR they covet....

Or, the guy we really want may be there then, ie Williamson, Clayton, etc. If this is true, Clayton begins to make a lot of sense. :)

Why all the Santana hate? Because he stayed in Miami? He's going to scare opposing defenses next year; I wouldn't be so eager to dump him. Then again, this is the same crowd that says Gardner can't play and isn't worth a jock strap. Watch those people whine and use that overused and egomaniacal :doh: symbol when we trade Gardner for a 4th.

Originally posted by Gothtimus

Agreed. could you imagine..

2nd for Moss.. 3rd for Gardner and 2 1st rounders! we'd have a hellovadraft.

Just b/c you have a lot of draft picks doesn't necessarily mean you will have a great draft. If we trade Moss to the Ravens it better be for a first. He is better than anything else they could get there, and we could use the pick. Anyways, I don't think we should make this trade. I lik how we are sitting right now.

Originally posted by Ernie5

Why all the Santana hate? Because he stayed in Miami? He's going to scare opposing defenses next year; I wouldn't be so eager to dump him. Then again, this is the same crowd that says Gardner can't play and isn't worth a jock strap. Watch those people whine and use that overused and egomaniacal :doh: symbol when we trade Gardner for a 4th.

Why all the Santana love?

He doesn't go over the middle. He routinely dances out of bounds to avoid the hit. He is injury prone. He wants a huge contract based on one good year that he had not last year, but two years ago.

Most importantly, he is not coming in early to camp in order to work with his new QB. Wasn't a lack of disciplined routes one reason the WRs did so badly last year? How do you improve that? By having the WRs work with the QBs so they always know what each other are thinking. Moss is skipping all of this, and he hasn't even played a snap as a Redskin.

And personally, I wouldn't mind keeping Gardner the player, but the guy has already made it known that he doesn't want to be here. I would rather keep Gardner over Moss - Gardner is not injury prone and just has problem focusing.

But you did a really nice job of generalizing, so don't stop. :rolleyes:

I'm listening to Sirius and I haven't heard an utterance about it yet. I think the post is bogus. I noticed some people question the validity of Sirius NFL Radio. I listen daily and they are better (more accurate) than most of the media sources that we trust around here. The thing with Sirius rumors is this: The network is full of personalities that were/are NFL Players and league execs. The information they give is on point. The rumor posters need to be clear if they are quoting a personality's speculation or if they are reporting legitimate agent/team chatter. They tell you that they have sources that they won't name when it is actual chatter between agents/teams. When they don't say that, they are just telling you what they are hearing from rumor mills. That's no different that all of us saying what we are hearing around here. The validity issue isn't with the network; it's with the posters. I post from Sirius only when it's an interview with a player or if they are saying they have inside information.

Taylor to Detroit for 11 pick, Arrington to Tampa for there pick

Taylor for maybe the 11 this year and their next 3 first round picks.

I don't care what Taylor does there is no way they'll trade him. He's one of the best 10 defensive players in the NFL.

Where's the generalization?

On the Santana love/hate: I saw hit go over the middle a ton the last two years. Like Coles? No, but he was much more productive (w/few catches) than Coles last year. He wants to big contract (and will get one) based on the fact that he a superb season two years ago and a very good one last year (+ a very good postseason). I don't like him not being in camp either, but people on the board are ready to lower his value when there's no reason to. The camp issue annoys me, but is no different for us than every other team in the league. In other words, I think Moss is worth a 1st of 2nd round pick, but I'd make the trade (for a 1st) if offered. For a second, I think we'd need a later round pick in this year's draft.

As for Gardner, people on the board have been very vocal (or is it verbal?) for over a year about getting rid of him as if he blows. That's a generalization. Fact is, he doesn't blow, was productive for us. He also dropped passes and did too many first down celebrations, but he has value. I agree we should trade him b/c, at this point, he wants out, but he's a better player than generally given credit for.

Archived