Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This Is No April Fools Joke(guaranteed)

rayprils

Originally posted by BruinSkin

Amazingly enough, I could've told you this a few months ago. But Tarhog disagreed. We're too nice on this board sometimes.

Tarhog said we'd give him a chance. We did.

He failed.

Forgive us, but we may sometimes need more than your say so before deciding if someone's a troll, ok?

Yeah I know it's hard to admit me being right and all, but I don't think it would take Nostradamus to predict this one, fellas. Chances are way overrated.

I think Dag Hammarskjold said it best when he said, "It is easy to be nice, even to an enemy - from lack of character."

Yeah I know it's hard to admit me being right and all, but I don't think it would take Nostradamus to predict this one, fellas. Chances are way overrated.

Overrated, huh?

I could let you in on something that'd make you re-think such an asinine statement, but it'd only serve to embarrass you more. It seems like you do a good enough job of embarrassing yourself.

While we do encourage self policing from our membership, don't presume to know to much on how the board should, in your opinion, be ran. Extremeskins.com has been here for just over 5 years. We must be doing something right to have lasted this long with the jumps in membership we've occured in that time. If we thought you understood what we were after, we’d make you a mod. Until we do, make sure you don’t confuse yourself with one.

I think Dag Hammarskjold said it best when he said, "It is easy to be nice, even to an enemy - from lack of character."

Bruin. You need to put a smiley or two after that, because you have GOT to be joking.

If you just implied that the mods here, and Tarhog in particular, is lacking in character then you can find another board's staff to insult.

Considering how overrated you think 'chances' are, you sure don't mind taking yours.

Originally posted by KevinMac

I notice Ray left the $ of the 500! He'll come back and say it's 500 pennies! haha!

Good try KevinMac. I'm not into pennies. You'll see me fork out dollars if I lose just like last year, I put my money where my mouth was and paid.

In another note, I do appreciate Iheartskins time for posting everyone's bet. Thank you bud. Keep up the good work.

As far as everyone else who made their bets, you have my respect. Good luck.....

I know we have more members that can contribute to this thread. Let's hear from you.

Originally posted by rayprils

How can we change this thread so, that we can fish for the haters to put up the money when we go to the playoffs?? I need Blade's help on this. We should title this thread as "wanted: cowpuke, iggle and aint fans" and dare them to put up the money. HELP...

You can put me down for $25. I seriously doubt that the Deadskins will make the playoffs.

I'm in - love the idea. Here is my wager:

1 - Because I can't bet against the 'Skins, $500 says they make the playoffs (to be paid in full, in the highly unlikely event they do not, not to ES.com, but in ES.com's name to the Washington Redskins Charitable Foundation.)

2 - If -- ahem, when -- the 'Skins do indeed make the playoffs and I am absolved of settling the above wager, then in return for the sheer joy of once again watching a play-off Redskins team under JG, I will donate the same $500 to WRCF plus an additional $500 to ES.com.

(So that WRCF wins either way; and ES.com either gets credit for a charitable donation in the first instance, or gets cash to beef up its servers -- which certainly will be hosting many thousands more fans -- in the second instance.)

Hail to the Redskins!

(Proverbs 3:27)

:point2sky

Here's the most recent donation schedule.

If the 2005 Washington Redskins do NOT make the 2005 Playoffs:

1. rayprils $500 (plus incentives)

2. illone $100

3. SoCalSkins $250

4. portisizzle $25

5. Kevin B. $100

6. TheDane $75

7. iheartskins $75

8. kingchris626 $TBD

9. DonMagicJuan $10

10. jrfriedm $100

11. higgybaby $50

12. Grizz $50

13. Heavy Jumbo $50

14. teamcal00 $50

15. dchogs $100

16. Huly $100

Current Total: $1635 + TBD

If the 2005 Washington Redskins DO make the 2005 Playoffs:

1. Westbrook36 $25

2. skins1972 $250

3. zoony $100

4. TheDane $150

5. iheartskins $150

6. Mr. S. $20 (plus incentives)

7. kingchris626 $TBD

8. DonMagicJuan $50

9. mad4comp $50

10. Mark the Homer $25 (plus incentives)

11. Eagles_Legendz $50

12. Doozinbrah $25

13. bubba9497 $20 (plus incentives)

14. Tom [Giants Fan] $100

15. skin-n-vegas $TBD (conditional)

16. scskinsfan $250

17. Skins11 $50

18. GOSKN5 $10

19. Tommy-the-Greek $100

20. Heavy Jumbo $100

21. dchogs $100

22. Huly $20

23. sjihan $25 (plus incentives)

24. chomerics $25 (plus incentives)

25. Redskinswhoopass $50 (plus incentives)

26. SkinsFaninOKC $50

27. ironmic $50 (plus incentives)

28. RyansRangers $25

29. jrockster77 $50 (plus incentives)

30. AtlCB $25

31. JJGibbs-Skin $500 (all the way from Qatar)

Current Total: $2445 + TBD + incentives

In additon, if the Redskins win the Superbowl:

1. SoCalSkins $500

2. DonMagicJuan $50 (premium from playoff donation)

3. mad4comp $50 (premium from playoff donation)

4. Mr S. $15 (premium from playoff donation)

5. rayprils $1000 ($500 for getting there, another $500 for winning plus incentives)

6. teamcal00 $100 (irrespective of outcome)

7. chomerics $150 (plus incentives)

So if the Redskins win the Super Bowl, total donations will be: $4280 + TBD + incentives

Redskins Side Bets/Contingencies

1. If Patrick Ramsey does not throw for 3000 yards, SoCalSkins donates $50

2. If the Redskins complete 5 passes over 40 yards, fansince62 donates $25

3. If LaVar Arrington has fewer than 10 sacks, SoCalSkins donates $25

4. If the Skins don't draft Mike Williams, SoCalSkins donates $25 [THIS IS PAID]

5. If the Skins draft any more UCLA players, SoCalSkins donates an additional $20. [THIS IS PAID]

6. Beaudry's side bets

[*]$20 if Sean Taylor becomes a born again christian

[*]$10 if we trade for Gus [Frerotte]

[*]$10 if [Patrick] Ramsey throws for 30 TDs

[*]$20 if [Mark] Brunell throws for 30 TDs

[*]$10 if we sweep the [NFC East] division

[*]$5 for every TD scored by a 300 pounder (must be a long rumble, Dan Wilkinson style)

[*]$5 if [Chris] Cooley catches more than 10 TDs

[*]$5 if [sean] Taylor finishes the season without a fine or suspension[/list=a]

7. If Sean Taylor is suited up and starts for the Redskins come opening day, portisizzle donates an additional $20.

---

*In the unlikely event that the Eagles win the Superbowl, the following transactions will take place:

1. mad4comp pays Westbrook36 $50 (plus $50, for a total of $100)

2. Eagles_Legendz donates $50

3. Heavy Jumbo $50 (plus 'Skins incentives)

So if the Eagles win the Super Bowl, total donations will be: $200 + incentives

*In the catastrophic event that the Cowboys win the Superbowl, the following transactions will take place:

1. HeHateMe donates $100

2. Heavy Jumbo $50 (plus 'Skins incentives)

So if the Cowboys win the Super Bowl, total donations will be: $150 + incentives

*In the laughable event that the Giants win the Superbowl, the following transactions will take place:

1. Heavy Jumbo $50 (plus 'Skins incentives)

So if the Giants win the Super Bowl, total donations will be: $50 + incentives

PLEASE NOTE: ALL BETS ARE FINAL COME THE FIRST DAY OF THE PRESEASON. ANY NON-CLERICAL ERROR EDITS TO YOUR BETTING POSTS WILL BE TAKEN AS AN ACT OF BAD FAITH UNLESS GOOD CAUSE IS SHOWN FOR THEIR WITHDRAWAL.

Originally posted by Henry

Bruin. You need to put a smiley or two after that, because you have GOT to be joking.

If you just implied that the mods here, and Tarhog in particular, is lacking in character then you can find another board's staff to insult.

Considering how overrated you think 'chances' are, you sure don't mind taking yours.

Thinly veiled sarcasm doesn't translate well over internet message boards, does it? I think perhaps a better quote would've been "Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer." Westbrook, HeHate, Tom, I'm looking at you. To call broncology and other trolls an enemy is giving them too much credit. They're mostly just uninformed dolts who deserve to be castrated from this great board of ours.

However, all issues aside, I see no use in not acting swift in dealing with potential trolls. Two people I pointed out in the very beginning were CoachParcells and broncology. Their track record speaks for itself. It takes literally 2 posts to determine a troll. Especially if said troll comes to the board, creates a username, and posts a thread within a short amount of time.

The problem these guys create is not so much anything harmful, but rather, the pollution of stupidity they contribute to the board (i.e. every post broncology made regarding Sean Taylor and every post CoachParcells has ever made.)

Call me the Swami of Troll BS, if you will.

Thinly veiled sarcasm doesn't translate well over internet message boards, does it? I think perhaps a better quote would've been "Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer." Westbrook, HeHate, Tom, I'm looking at you. To call broncology and other trolls an enemy is giving them too much credit. They're mostly just uninformed dolts who deserve to be castrated from this great board of ours.

However, all issues aside, I see no use in not acting swift in dealing with potential trolls. Two people I pointed out in the very beginning were CoachParcells and broncology. Their track record speaks for itself. It takes literally 2 posts to determine a troll. Especially if said troll comes to the board, creates a username, and posts a thread within a short amount of time.

The problem these guys create is not so much anything harmful, but rather, the pollution of stupidity they contribute to the board (i.e. every post broncology made regarding Sean Taylor and every post CoachParcells has ever made.)

I see you've confused yourself with being a Mod again.

It won't happen again.

I'd do the same thing today. We start banning folks for what we 'think' they 'might' do, there won't be many who make it to

500 posts. A good friend once told me 'the hardest thing to do sometimes is nothing. We may not be perfect. But we're plenty tough. If/when we need to get tougher, we'll make that decision.

But thanks - I usually get that 'you're an overbearing hardass' thing. Being called a wuss is a welcome change.

I was looking this thread up and thinking about some other donation style games we could play this year.

I remember a thread started by Die Hard with regard to changes and additions to the web site. One recommendation was to begin a fantasy football league within Extremeskins. As I remember, I offered to donate my time to help the cause.

Anyhow, just thinking....

Originally posted by portisizzle

I was looking this thread up and thinking about some other donation style games we could play this year.

I remember a thread started by Die Hard with regard to changes and additions to the web site. One recommendation was to begin a fantasy football league within Extremeskins. As I remember, I offered to donate my time to help the cause.

Anyhow, just thinking....

I think that's a good idea Sizzle. 10 or so get in a league, the championship pot goes to the website. I would certainly play.

And maybe the winner can get an EXTREMESKINS FFL CHAMPION avatar......

• 1 month later...

I'm ashamed to admit that this is the first time I see this thread. I'm in. $200 if the Skins make the playoffs. That's a check I will write with a smile every time!

Donation to ES: $200

Playoff tickets for one home playoff game: $250

Plane tickets to DC for game: $250

Skins in playoffs: Priceless!!

Archived