Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone know how to get cat urine/dead mouse smell out of my shed??

RonJeremy

I went out to my shed today to unload some of the junk in there because I am moving. I haven't been in the shed in about 10 days. When I opened the door this HORRIBLE smell hit me!

As I stood back gasping for air...a dirty looking cat ran out!

After I caught my breath I decided to grab some gloves and start unloading the shed. Between gasps for air, I noticed MOST of the stuff was covered in cat piss/feces and their were about a half dozen dead mice in there (thier remains scattered throughout the shed). I loaded up the bed of my old pick-up truck with most of the contents of the shed.

When I got to the "dump" a couple of guys next to me ran for their truck when they got a whiff of the junk I was hauling. I believe their exact quote was "Damn, what died in your truck?".

So, with the contents of the shed disposed of at the landfill; I headed back home to sweep out the shed. Since it had been airing out for about a 1/2 hour, I thought it was safe to go back in!! Wrong!!

The smell is almost as bad without the contents of the shed!

Does anyone know how to get that smell out??

btw - The shed is made of plywood. One of those Amish barn style sheds.

HELP!!!! :(

Originally posted by chomerics

I'd try to hose the entire place down and clean it with bleach. Then if that doesn't remove the smell, use a baking soda mixture with soap, vinegar and water. This is what I use to remove skunk spray. I don't know if it will work in your case though.

Good Luck.

I will try that...thanks!

After all of the above, get some of the best fresh coffee grounds you can find and spread it all over. It will smell like coffee for awhile but so what. Mom did this for some burned Chitterlings years ago and it soaked it right up. You southerners know how they smell without being burned.

Originally posted by unsonny

yeah bro, once the piss gets INTO the wood, the smell becomes part of the wood....youre fooked!!!!

I have a detached garage with an attic. Last winter some squirrels gnawed their way through the molding in the back and made a home up in the attic. I aired that attic out all spring/summer/fall (left the windows open) and it improved a little. But unsonny is right...once the piss is in the wood "you're fooked".

I'm ready to burn the damn garage down.

I've tried everything mentioned above except the coffee grounds. I'm going to try that...if it doesn't work I'm burning it. :)

Good luck RJ

It doesn't matter what you do man - that cat piss smell is in there for good. I had a basement in a rental place and that place smelled like cat piss the entire year we were there and never went away no matter what we did. Bleach, vinegar, ammonia, you name it. Smoking cigarettes down there helped while you were down there but next day that smell was back - just as strong as it ever was and stayed until I moved out.

Originally posted by Awgustlab

It doesn't matter what you do man - that cat piss smell is in there for good. I had a basement in a rental place and that place smelled like cat piss the entire year we were there and never went away no matter what we did. Bleach, vinegar, ammonia, you name it. Smoking cigarettes down there helped while you were down there but next day that smell was back - just as strong as it ever was and stayed until I moved out.

I visited my shed tonight after work....it has been airing out for over 24 hours...and when I got within 10 feet of the shed...the smell was just as bad! :mad:

I'm fooked!

Originally posted by RonJeremy

I visited my shed tonight after work....it has been airing out for over 24 hours...and when I got within 10 feet of the shed...the smell was just as bad! :mad:

I'm fooked!

Sorry but yes you are, unfortunately. Believe me, I tried every friggin rememdy known to man, every recipe and concoction I could find on every internet site, even called the Mom to see if she had any advice.

I also had a Redskins hat that a cat pissed on, marking its territory or whatever they hell those lame ass felines do, and I finaly got that smell out after soaking it in Biz I think about 10 times for hours at a time.

What, you think I was gonna throw it away? Nah, thought about tiit for a second but couldn't do it.

The shed? Burn it. Can't soak that in Biz.

I'm loving the word "fooked!"

Once I had a summer job sanding hardwood floors and I was assigned to sand a former barn that was converted into a home. It was beautiful, but the others here are right. When that sander hit the piss boards in an old cattle stall. as Dean would say " Arrraggghhhh!" Almost just tasted my puke just remembering!

I've never laughed so hard in my life... to the point of tasting my own vomit! :D

I'm amazed at the trial and tribulations of many on this board... and the like mindedness of the suggestions.

My first thought when I read the inital post.... "Burn the Mother Effer down!!" Careful though... cat piss has an amonia base.... so that sum Biotch will go up like a roman candle when you light it.

In all seriousness... when cat urine collects in high concentrations and soaks into porous material....it's in there for good. You could send it to NASA and they couldn't get the smell out of it. Good luck!!!!!

Archived