Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone know how to get cat urine/dead mouse smell out of my shed??

RonJeremy

Oh my god! This is the funniest thread I have read in a long time, since I can relate so much to that helplessness. I had to show the wife this thread since she knows EXACTLY the same feeling. She tried EVERYTHING in our basement to get that smell out.

You truly are "FOOKED"!!

Put a big ass lock on the shed and tell the prospective buyers you lost the key but they can use some boltcutters once they close the deal.

Either that or as JBooma and AC/DC say: TNT.....Dy-No-Mite!!!

Let the mofo burn. The shed, The shed, the shed is on fire, we don't need no water let the motherfooker BURN!!

Originally posted by RonJeremy

Anyone know how much trouble I will get in if I burn my shed down within city limits?? :paranoid:

Wait till the first thunderstorm, and either cut down a tree near it to land on it, or just light a fire and both times blame lighting :)

When we had that tornado/tropical storm here I ran outside and starting chopping up this ugly tree we have in my backyard, it looks like the swamp monster to me.

RJ -

Someone told me to try a product called Get Serious (sold in pet stores) for my garage attic. They said it worked on their hardwood floors...the previous owner had cat urine on rugs which seeped through to hardwood floors underneath.

I haven't had a chance to try it yet...waitin til Spring...but they swear by it. Might be worth a shot...

...or you could always paint the shed with that Kilz odor remover/stain blocker. The oil based stuff is STRONG stuff...

Originally posted by SkinsNut73

RJ -

Someone told me to try a product called Get Serious (sold in pet stores) for my garage attic. They said it worked on their hardwood floors...the previous owner had cat urine on rugs which seeped through to hardwood floors underneath.

I haven't had a chance to try it yet...waitin til Spring...but they swear by it. Might be worth a shot...

...or you could always paint the shed with that Kilz odor remover/stain blocker. The oil based stuff is STRONG stuff...

Thanks for input. I will try some of the suggestions by everyone this weekend...and if they don't work the Kilz odor remover is oil based...it should make a real nice fire if I go that route...:D

Originally posted by skin-n-vegas

If you poop in there it may cover the urine smell.

:^)

too funny!

Originally posted by TK-IV II I

Lite a match. Let 'er burn.

Call it a "Do-Over".

:laugh:

hahah

Originally posted by NorEastNCFan

BURN IT!! BURN IT TO THE GROUND! Then salt the earth so that nothing will ever grow again.:D

Nice!

Originally posted by unsonny

yeah bro, once the piss gets INTO the wood, the smell becomes part of the wood....youre fooked!!!!

You know this from personal experience don't you....you sick phuck!

;)

I took some of the suggestions posted here and went to work on my shed this weekend. I bleached it and then followed that up with a vinegar and water mix....now my shed smells like a cat piss douche!! :mad:

I will head out to PetsMart this weekend to try some of the solutions suggested.

I'm Fooked! :doh:

When you show the house put a couple of bags of manure in the shed and tell 'em that they will convey with the property. That may disguise the smell or at least give the impression that the smell comes from the manure ... just an idea if the other ones don't work.

I am glad my "shed of shame" amuses you. :mad:

j/k....not much I can do either but laugh....:(

RJ -

You gotta admit that this is a pretty funny thread.

But is nervous laughter since we're all glad not to be in your shoes - rather - shed.

We really feel for the pain your going through. :laugh: and we're glad its not us!

Good luck!

One product you may try is Backazap (not sure on spelling...its late, sue me :) )

I work for a pest control company, and this is is what we use when one of our customers has a dead mouse/rat/squirrel in their house. We also used it when doing bat jobs back when we still did those.

It also comes in handy on weekends when you have 4 or 5 guys chain smoking in the office and the admins who hate the smell will be in on Monday.

Originally posted by AdamB

One product you may try is Backazap (not sure on spelling...its late, sue me :) )

I work for a pest control company, and this is is what we use when one of our customers has a dead mouse/rat/squirrel in their house. We also used it when doing bat jobs back when we still did those.

It also comes in handy on weekends when you have 4 or 5 guys chain smoking in the office and the admins who hate the smell will be in on Monday.

I found some information on bac-azap and it sounds like GOOD stuff. But I don't know where to buy it?? The website is screwed up. If you try to go to any links about distributors etc. it just says "page not found".

http://www.nisuscorp.com/bacazap.html

Just my luck! :doh:

Originally posted by rick301

RJ -

You gotta admit that this is a pretty funny thread.

But is nervous laughter since we're all glad not to be in your shoes - rather - shed.

We really feel for the pain your going through. :laugh: and we're glad its not us!

Good luck!

I admit it is funny! Seriously, I am lauging about it...It will be a story I tell for years! :laugh:

I went out to my shed today to unload some of the junk in there because I am moving. I haven't been in the shed in about 10 days. When I opened the door this HORRIBLE smell hit me!

As I stood back gasping for air...a dirty looking cat ran out!

After I caught my breath I decided to grab some gloves and start unloading the shed. Between gasps for air, I noticed MOST of the stuff was covered in cat piss/feces and their were about a half dozen dead mice in there (thier remains scattered throughout the shed). I loaded up the bed of my old pick-up truck with most of the contents of the shed.

When I got to the "dump" a couple of guys next to me ran for their truck when they got a whiff of the junk I was hauling. I believe their exact quote was "Damn, what died in your truck?".

So, with the contents of the shed disposed of at the landfill; I headed back home to sweep out the shed. Since it had been airing out for about a 1/2 hour, I thought it was safe to go back in!! Wrong!!

The smell is almost as bad without the contents of the shed!

Does anyone know how to get that smell out??

btw - The shed is made of plywood. One of those Amish barn style sheds.

HELP!!!! :(

thus the reason I hate cats

And my wife has 3 of them

:doh:

• 2 months later...

In case anyone cares I sold the house with the cat piss shed yesterday. I took someone's previous advice and said I lost the key to the lock (during the move to my new house...;) ;))for the shed and would cut the lock off prior to settlement.

The odor had subsided over the last month but it was still there when I took the lock off the night before settlement. The buyers didn't even look in the shed during their walk-thru.

Am I dishonest? Probably a little. But like I said, the shed wasn't nearly as bad as before.. :)

Anyway, I did all I could and thanks for the suggestion by everyone. I tried most of them with the exception of burning it down....:laugh:

RJ, As others have mentioned after it gets into the wood it is impossible to get it out of the wood. The only thing short of a "do over" is sealing it in the wood so the odor will not be able to escape. There are many ways to seal it in. You could use Shellac, kilz or polyurethane on the wood. The Kilz it product you can get in a water based form but in your case I would go with the oil based. You can also get it in a spray can to make application easier, You should wear rubber gloves, eye protection, a hat, old clothes and a cheap resperator.

There is an extremely good product on the market used in mold remediation called envirocaire. It is very expensive about 175 dollars a gallon but it seals everything that is porous and prevents the mold from ever using any fiberous materials as a food source. It kills the mold on contact and preventing it from ever comming back.

If you have a concrete floor you can use oil based dry lock on it. It penetrates into the pours and seals the concrete so the odors will not escape. After the shed is totally sealed on the inside and the materials fully dry/cure. Then you can use some of the pet products others have mentioned but I would wait a day or so just in case the sealing alone takes care of it.

kilzFam.gif

http://www.kilz.com/pages/default.aspx?NavID=22

Archived