Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

McNabb...why do so many of you like this guy?

footballhenry

Originally posted by Cool Hand Loki

Dustin is almost certainly being sarcastic, unless he's had a total change of heart from a few weeks ago.

I have actually. I've always liked his personality off the field, especially the lockeroom jokester. But, after listening to a collection of pet-peeves from others on the board...they've swayed me.

Originally posted by ljer

It's got nothing to do with him being an Eagle.

He is overrated and always has been fawned over by the media.

For what reason I don't know.

Maybe they felt sorry for him when he got booed on draft day.

Or maybe he had one of the best seasons statistically in the history of the NFL. :)

Prior to this year you could say he was overrated, but he wasn't this season.

Originally posted by Hooper

I like the guy and think all the criticism of him has been overblown. Hell, lots of good quarterbacks have looked bad against the Patriots defense. I'm not surprised that us skins fans are bashing him -- we tend to hate any qb who isn't on our team (sans Brunell) while we try to pass off Patrick Ramsey as the next Brett Favre --- but the McNabb bashing by the Eagles fans is pretty crazy. The guy threw for 31 touchdowns and eight picks this year. No other qb in history has thrown for over 30 tds and had less than ten picks before. That's pretty impressive if you ask me. If Ramsey threw 25 picks and 17 interceptions next year, we'd all be calling him the best qb in the league.

Okay, I can't defend an Eagle any longer. McNabb sucks!

ramsey is gonna be the best QB in the league....He won't have as many brain farts as favre either

I like McNabb. Hes classy, he takes the blame for each and every loss (which gets old a lot, since Andy always says "dont blame donovan, i take credit...")...hes a good guy.

He came into the league and got booed on draft day. He has made improvements every year hes been a starter. He used to be considered a running QB, and he has worked hard to become a pocket passer. Now hes an accurate, mobile, elusive, dangerous QB. Sure, he chokes from time to time, but I think he'll pull through it, and when he does, us Skins fans have to prepare ourselves for at LEAST one year of Eagles fans getting their wish :(

Originally posted by Eagles_Legendz

Or maybe he had one of the best seasons statistically in the history of the NFL. :)

Stats are nice for Fantasy football....that's about it.

Originally posted by Eagles_Legendz

Actually I could still make that argument. If you take T.O. away how good is McNabb this season? Seriously. That said, I am not so naive to discredit McNabb because of talent around him (see Montanta to Rice). Montana was a great QB, but he did have a GREAT receiver. Its been argued which one was the better compliment for years. McNabb cannot argue this case because we all know how he is without T.O. Watch next season when I beleive Culpepper will still have a great year even without Moss, I beleive he is far better than McNabb. Also I dont like his mom, shes annoying. I dont like the chunky soup crap, its stupid. The NFL has worked very hard at marketing McNabb. When Rush Limbaugh said that McNabb was overrated and that the league desperately wants him to succeed, I did agree with that TO AN EXTENT. Of course Rush was behind the times a lil (see Culpepper, Vick,etc.) but I understood his statements. McNabb with 70 qb ratings till this yr had been going to probowls, and making commercials. I always thought it was ludicrious and believe he didnt deserve it. The argument that I only dislike him because hes an eagle is false. Because he is an eagle i dislike him MORE, yes, that is true. But his entire persona, no matter what team he would be on, irritates me. It irritates me that hes garnered so much hype, support, and media attention when he hasnt earned it. Oh, and I hate the chunky soup crap.

Oh and one last thing. OF COURSE if he was a redskins many of us would feel differently. Thankyou for the obvious statement of the century. If the Eagles had Lavar then they would like him, but they dont so many criticize him. This is the fact of football. You like whose on your team, generally more than those that are on other teams, weird huh?

He wasn't sick, he just sucked.

McNabb disputes sickness claims, while Brady still feels good

KAPOLEI, Hawaii (AP) _ Donovan McNabb has no apologies for his Super Bowl performance. He won't allow his teammates to make excuses, either.

The Philadelphia Eagles quarterback set everyone straight after his first practice for the Pro Bowl on Wednesday. McNabb said he wasn't ill during the fourth quarter of their loss to New England, as center Hank Fraley claimed earlier this week, and receiver Freddie Mitchell certainly didn't call any plays for him.

The Eagles' offensive struggles were caused only by the Patriots and the tension of a Super Bowl, not a phantom sickness.

"No, I wasn't sick and no, I didn't throw up," McNabb said. "If people want to use that as an excuse for why we lost, that's not the way it was, but I'll put it on my shoulders. I'll take the blame. ... When you're trying to make every play possible, you have to dig deep. We were just trying to give it all we had."

McNabb raised the subject two days after Fraley told a Philadelphia TV station that his quarterback was seriously ill late in the game last Sunday, forcing Mitchell to help out in the huddle by calling a play. Mitchell said in another TV interview that he finished a play call.

McNabb "fought to the end. He gave it his all," Fraley said on Comcast SportsNet. "He could hardly call the plays _ that's how exhausted he was trying to give it his all. If you remember back when we played Jacksonville two years ago and he ended up puking, it was close to that scene. He exhausted everything he had."

While Fraley apparently meant to praise his quarterback's toughness by describing his condition, McNabb perceived it as an attempt to excuse the Eagles' performance in the second half. He was bothered by the endless television replays of Fraley's comments in recent days.

"When I heard about it, I was kind of upset," McNabb said. "I've seen Hank (too much) on TV in the last couple of days."

McNabb and his receivers desperately tried to get Philadelphia's offense going, but the quarterback added to his history of struggles in big games. He was 30-of-51 for 357 yards and three touchdowns, but also threw three interceptions.

As for Mitchell's play-calling claim, McNabb could only laugh at his gregarious receiver's boasts.

"No, Freddie didn't call a play," he said. "I get the plays in my helmet, so he couldn't call a play."

"No, Freddie didn't call a play," he said. "I get the plays in my helmet, so he couldn't call a play."

Hate to break it to you Donovan... but Freddie said he FINISHED off saying the play since you were busy dry heaving when you should have been talking.

Originally posted by sweet daddy

ramsey is gonna be the best QB in the league....He won't have as many brain farts as favre either

Sorry, Ramsey can't and never will be able to carry Favre's jockstrap. He'll never be the best QB in the league. In fact, Joe Gibbs will regret not looking for another QB now if he isn't doing so.

People don't shower half of this criticism onto the "great" Peyton Manning, who has no heart whatsoever, and has never displayed leadership abilities in any tough situation whatsoever, and he's had a hall of fame WR on his team since he stepped into the league.

As far as McNabb not being the same QB prior to T.O.'s arrival. He went to 3 conference championships with James Thrash and Todd Pinkston at the WR spot.

Originally posted by Charlie Murphaaay

Sorry, Ramsey can't and never will be able to carry Favre's jockstrap. He'll never be the best QB in the league. In fact, Joe Gibbs will regret not looking for another QB now if he isn't doing so.

People don't shower half of this criticism onto the "great" Peyton Manning, who has no heart whatsoever, and has never displayed leadership abilities in any tough situation whatsoever, and he's had a hall of fame WR on his team since he stepped into the league.

As far as McNabb not being the same QB prior to T.O.'s arrival. He went to 3 conference championships with James Thrash and Todd Pinkston at the WR spot.

Hahaha....okay first go back and look at Manning's QB ratings compared to McNabbs, thankyou.....oh and Manning IS criticized alot for not winning the BIG game too...so your wrong on that part...umm, oh and McNabb is BARELY criticized in the media because of his poster boy status. I think most here agree with these things Ive stated. I also disagree that Manning doesnt have heart, I believe he does. Problem is Quarterbacks dont play defense, and every year their defense lets them down. Oh and how did the eagles get to conf game the past 3 yrs prior? hmm...an extremely stingy DEFENSE, Westbrook, and McNabbs legs (again I think most would agree). My point is that I would honestly take, probably 8 QB's before McNabb...seriously:

Manning, Vick, Brady, Ramsey, Culpepper, Bulger, Favre, Brees, Leftwich, and Big Ben.......

aheem, so make that TEN qb's Id take over McNabb:laugh:

Originally posted by footballhenry

Actually I could still make that argument. If you take T.O. away how good is McNabb this season? Seriously. That said, I am not so naive to discredit McNabb because of talent around him (see Montanta to Rice). Montana was a great QB, but he did have a GREAT receiver. Its been argued which one was the better compliment for years. McNabb cannot argue this case because we all know how he is without T.O.

Montana was already wearing 2 rings and was considered great when Rice was drafted so that isnt really a good comparison.

McNabb doesnt bother me really but he is 0-5 in the Eagles final game of the season over the past 5 years so that is something to like. I dont think I could really blame Reid for all of those losses. If McNabb had played average in a lot of those games they could have won, including this SB. He has similar problems that Manning has in that he cant deal with teams (Pats) that force him to change his game. The Redskins defense does that a lot too so Mc Nabb will have a tough time against us in the future as well unless he can be more accurate.

give credit where its due. Look at the Pro Bowl roster, and see who's been there on a consistent basis. This isn't his first trip there people. Your talking about a guy that has 4 NFC East championships along with a NFC championship in the last 5 years. Also set an NFL record with 30+ TD's and less thatn 10 int's. Yes he's an enemy, but he's Damn good. Give the man respect

Archived