Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trotter or Pierce Straight Up

red zone

Seems like the NFL is pretty high on Jeremiah Trotter these days. I have to admit, I was exited to see him come to the 'Skins. However, by the end of the season, I was just as exited to see him leave.

My question is, after seeing Trotter rebound now he is back with Eagles, would you rather see Antonio Pierce or J. Trott holding down the middle of Gregg Williams D?

Excuse me if this hypothetical has already been kicked around the board. I haven't been on around much since our twins arrived.

:helmet:

Trotter is a better run stopper. Peirce is very good in pass coverage, and pretty good with the run, and has a ton of upside cause he's young. I really dont like Trotter, but you cant take anything away from the season he had, but in the long run Perice is better for a team right now.

Trotter didn't have the discipline to play under Edwards schemes, and then was released by Williams so it's hard to tell whether he would have flourished or not.

Last year we were ready to run Pierce out of town for too many bone headed plays. He needs to not ask for a huge payday and come back and earn his way.

Pierce for us because he plays smart. Trotter just runs at stuff. He's damn good at it to, but not for us. Pierce is our defensive QB.

Exactly my thoughts. AP is smart and plays with great intesity. Same way Trotter did before he got the money. AP for us JT for them (Mike Barrow for Giants)

:cheers:

AP, I think he is just budding, and will soon blossom into a great, great LB. We have some great young LB's including Marshall and Clemons. LaVar and Washington are also still young.

Trott is great for Philly, he fits there system to a T.

Here is all we need as Redskins fans:

Learned my lesson

07/22/04

I should have never left in the first place. I really bleed green and I still do. I have grown from it and have learned my lesson. I believe I still am the same player. I'm just ready to get with the guys, joking with the guys in the locker room. I went through two years where I didn't enjoy the game. Any time you're losing, everything gets magnified. I went in (to Washington) with my expectations so high, and they didn't have anything I expected. The money was there, but I didn't enjoy the game.

http://www.nflplayers.com/players_network/players_network.aspx?ID=25993&strSection=journal

Originally posted by Griff

Here is all we need as Redskins fans:

Learned my lesson

07/22/04

I should have never left in the first place. I really bleed green and I still do. I have grown from it and have learned my lesson. I believe I still am the same player. I'm just ready to get with the guys, joking with the guys in the locker room. I went through two years where I didn't enjoy the game. Any time you're losing, everything gets magnified. I went in (to Washington) with my expectations so high, and they didn't have anything I expected. The money was there, but I didn't enjoy the game.

http://www.nflplayers.com/players_network/players_network.aspx?ID=25993&strSection=journal

Well. You know thats not a very damning artical right? I could think of worse things he has said. Does "god got me out of washington" suit you disired point better? Hey now that I think about it, gibbs must truely be god as everyone keeps saying.

Trotter is a one-dimensional MLB. He isn't a MLB in the traditional way because he doesn't make many decisions after the play starts. He proved as a Redskin, that he doesn't play as well when asked to make quick decisions. Pierce has been said by the coaching staff to be one of the smartest players they've ever seen. Trotter, in that aspect, doesn't compare.

Originally posted by TenaciousB15

Well. You know thats not a very damning artical right? I could think of worse things he has said. Does "god got me out of washington" suit you disired point better? Hey now that I think about it, gibbs must truely be god as everyone keeps saying.

So damning TB15 I can hardly focus enough to complete my day. We have totally collapsed with the departure of Trott, give me a f-ing break. I can assure you no one on this board gives a flying F what you think of Joe Gibbs. BTW, how many Lombardi trophies do you have??? Maybe you should run along and find yourself a nice Eagles board and discuss your spectacular achievement of not chocking in the Big one.

Archived