Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trotter or Pierce Straight Up

red zone

Originally posted by Die Hard

You're good dude.

Just giving you a little perspective... that's all.

I like everything about the Eagles... except 99.9% of their fans. Enough so that I cannot root for them for fear of the increase in workload around here.

You know we've had 20 new registrations of Eagles fans here in the past 2 days? Why do you think that is? :rolleyes:

I'm sure you have..... I think life long Eagles fans are about as thrilled as you when it comes to the suddenly "new" Eagle fan

eff 'em..... I'm sure most wouldn't have a clue what 3-13 feels like

Originally posted by Die Hard

You're good dude.

Just giving you a little perspective... that's all.

I like everything about the Eagles... except 99.9% of their fans. Enough so that I cannot root for them for fear of the increase in workload around here.

You know we've had 20 new registrations of Eagles fans here in the past 2 days? Why do you think that is? :rolleyes:

I find it funny that they feel the need to come HERE of all places and then ask silly questions like do we think they have the better LB or why do we hate then so?

I mean I know this place represents some darn fine, intelligent, all around football gurus, who can talk some serious football. But face it.. they became darn fine, intelligent, all around football gurus, who can talk some serious football, BECAUSE they are diehard Redskins fans!

Originally posted by Art

I have inside info you may have heard about.

Trotter was told to stay away from the team. That's how much Williams wanted him gone. He was told, while being under contract, to stay away until the team could cut him. That's pretty telling, isn't it?

Also, don't you think it's simplistic to the point of idiocy to suggest pass defensed numbers are actually a sign of good coverage in all cases? I mean, people who are REALLY good in coverage have low pass defensed numbers because teams don't throw there. Guys with high pass defensed numbers are frequently being tested. Sometimes they respond by knocking a ball down. Sometimes they give up catches.

The fact that Pierce was in such good coverage as to take away attempts at many of the same routes frequently exploited when Trotter was in there is obvious and unable to be ignored.

Art...I don't think the mere fact that he was told to stay away is definitive as to why he was being told to stay away in today's NFL. I mean if a team decided to cut a player after 6/1 purely for cap reasons wouldn't it also be wise to tell the player not to report. Wouldn't the clearest indication of a team's desire to cut a player purely because they think he's not a good player be to take all cap considerations out of the picture and cut him as soon as it was apparent there was no trade market. Do you as a matter of fact instead of opinion have knowledge about whether Williams was even asked if he wanted to retain Trotter?

On your second point I would agree some players who record high PD's are being thrown at more often than some others that don't but I think that would be more prevalent in positions where the defender's role is easily predicted which I don't believe is the case with a MLB.

On Die Hard's point I don't believe it is always the MLB's responsibilty to cover the RB[perhaps in the Skin's D] and that any MLB who is routinely assigned to cover a Westbrook Portis or Barber is doomed to failure.

I'd also like to restate that I said that they didn't miss Trot one bit because Pierce stepped up bigtime and I also stated that Griffin is an absolute monster and that the Skins have great D coaches. All I said was it would have been interesting to see how Trotter would have faired under Williams. I don't know how that can be construed as wanting to crap on the team or the fans or why it warrants being labeled as a tool or a liar.

Archived