Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This Is Not Chicken.. Look Harder

TheDiplomat

A popular Asian/Chinese restaurant bistro here in Atlanta was closed down this morning after authorities received a tip that the owner was accepting shipments of rats and mice from a vendor to prepare in his dishes. The owner and his wife were arrested early this morning and charges are not known at this time. After a full search of the kitchen, authorities found, packaged rats, mice, kittens, puppies and a large frozen hawk. The restaurant is a popular gathering spot for local celebrities such as Whitney Houston and husband Bobby Brown, Jermaine Dupree, Janet Jackson, Usher, Monica, Puffy, TI, Ludacris, Lil Jon, Toni Braxton, TLC and others. The restaurant has locations off Peachtree Road and Alpharetta near North Pointe Mall. Take a look below!"

food1.jpg

food2.jpg

food3.jpg

food4.jpg

SOrry not link. I got this off of another site. Thought I'd share it. beware of Chinese Bistro's.:puke:

Originally posted by Blondie

That is just plain nasty.

I may never eat Chinese again.

Blondie

One persons disgusting is another's delicacy.

The mice/rats are a bit weird but hawk, cats and dogs are all served in Asia.

I found out first hand from my time in Asia that dog and cat are very tasty if prepared correctly.

Originally posted by Fred21Smoot

A popular Asian/Chinese restaurant bistro here in Atlanta was closed down this morning after authorities received a tip that the owner was accepting shipments of rats and mice from a vendor to prepare in his dishes. The owner and his wife were arrested early this morning and charges are not known at this time. After a full search of the kitchen, authorities found, packaged rats, mice, kittens, puppies and a large frozen hawk. The restaurant is a popular gathering spot for local celebrities such as Whitney Houston and husband Bobby Brown, Jermaine Dupree, Janet Jackson, Usher, Monica, Puffy, TI, Ludacris, Lil Jon, Toni Braxton, TLC and others. The restaurant has locations off Peachtree Road and Alpharetta near North Pointe Mall. Take a look below!"

food1.jpg

food2.jpg

food3.jpg

food4.jpg

SOrry not link. I got this off of another site. Thought I'd share it. beware of Chinese Bistro's.:puke:

Of course, this COULD be true, but I'm pretty skeptical. How would you disguise parts of small mice/rats in a dish? You couldn't just dice them up, they're mostly bones. The pictures you posted are commercially sold 'pinkies' and 'peach fuzzies', small newborn mice and rats that are packaged and sold, mostly to pet stores and snake owners. I know, I have bags just like that in my freezer to use to feed my albino cornsnake. There are websites like www.rodentpro.com where you can buy them very cheaply.

Like I said, I see no way of preparing them that it wouldn't be either a) full of bones and B) evident as hell that you were serving mice and rats for supper :)

I'm guessing this is just another internet hoax. Although my blind neighbor really DID deep fry a baby and put diapers on the turkey last year. I swear it ;)

BTW, who packages mice? I mean really. Who distributes them? How big is their market? :doh:

(EDIT: Thanks for the info Tarhog. I should have thought of that. I have known some snake owners but they mostly use live mice.)

But I still have to agree with Blondie. I may never eat Chinese again. :(

Originally posted by Mad Mike

BTW, who packages mice? I mean really. Who distributes them? How big is their market? :doh:

I have to agree with Blondie. I may never eat Chinese again. :(

Lots of places do. Seriously.

www.rodentpro.com

Welcome to the online home of RodentPro.com, LLC. Our company specializes in the production and distribution of frozen mice, rats, rabbits, chicks, and quail. RodentPro.com, LLC has been providing premium quality feeder animals to the reptile and birds of prey community since 1993. Since then, our company has set industry standards for quality, value and convenience. These standards have been set by offering unsurpassed quality, breeder direct pricing and year round availability. Rodentpro.com, LLC is committed to serving your feeder animal needs. Quality is of the utmost importance to us, whether it be through the value of a product or the integrity of a relationship. We understand that our success depends, not only on the quality of our products, but more importantly, on the strength of relationships established with our customers. We look forward to being a part of your success and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you. .

Sincerely, Kevin & Kelli Bryant.

This Month:

1/22/2005: All-Ohio Reptile Show: Columbus, OH (info)

1/23/2005: All Cleveland Reptile Show and Sale: Fairview Park, OH (info)

Click here for more information and shows...

HOPPER MICE ON SALE WHILE SUPPLIES LAST FOR ONLY 19 CENTS WHEN 500 OR MORE ARE PURCHASED!

Click here!

RAT PINKIES ON SALE WHILE SUPPLIES LAST FOR ONLY 19 CENTS WHEN 500 OR MORE ARE PURCHASED!

Click here!

LARGE RATS ON SALE WHILE SUPPLIES LAST FOR ONLY $1.00 WHEN 50 OR MORE ARE PURCHASED !

Click here!

SMALL CHICKS ON SALE WHILE SUPPLIES LAST FOR ONLY 15 CENTS WHEN 500 OR MORE ARE PURCHASED!

This has to be a hoax. Any restaurant frequented by celebrities would be completely stupid to cut corners by using mice or whatnot. It's not like chicken is all that expensive anyways and rodents would be way harder to prepare.

...damn xenophobes...

I don't buy it...something about that story seems off to me. But eating Cats and Dogs is like stabbing your friend in the back. These animals have been bred to befriend humans and eating them is too much like betrayal.

Veal, as someone mentioned, is disgusting. I won't sit at a table with someone who orders because that level of torture makes me lose my appetite.

Archived