Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: How long have you followed this board?

MikeB

Originally posted by DieselPwr44

Long enough that my wife gives me hell about it from time to time.

Example: " You're on that message board again??!! Just how long can you talk Redskins stuff??"

Wow...I heard the same thing during the season. This past week she said, "I thought their season was over?"

'97 and the TSN boards!

I remember Diehard, Reaper and Art from those days.

I posted as Winston at the time although I was partial to a little impostering as well:laugh:

I burned this one guy once; "GiantMike" was his handle. Ohhh man, he was sooo pissed. He was gonna travel 3,000 miles to come kill me ..... and I almost believed him!

Ah yes, the TSN boards ............... good times, good times

:cool:

I had heard about extremeskins back in like 2000 or 2001 all be it from a Ravens fan, but for some reason I never came to the board...

I joined this yr and havent regreted it since, I am in heaven talking Skins football w/other fans that are as passionate about them as I...

I found this board after Joe Gibbs was hired. I started on those god awful Washington Post message boards. But then someone on there mentioned this site, I checked it out, and that was the end of it. I was hooked from then on.

I started out as a lowly "JoeSkinsFan", but then I realized there was someone here with the name, "SkinsFanJoe". So, I figured I'd change my name, but not to something boring like, "Joe" so, I tried to think of something to rival the name of one of my favorite posters, one "Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin". So, I came up with "Sweet Sassy Molassy". I figured if anybody knew what that name was referencing it had to be the sports junkies on here.

I registered in 2001 but I was around a while before that. I used to hang out on the Rivals boards (anyone here from that board?). That board had a broad cross section of fans with a solid base of Skins fans. When they closed up shop without any warning I wandered the online wilderness until I found the old CPND board and this site.

At first I split time at both sites but I didn’t register or post on either. I finally decided to register and post here to ask a question about buying a new jersey (or something) and the warm response made me feel right at home, so I stayed. I’ve been here ever since.

I don’t post much anymore but I’m always around.

Originally posted by Art

Well, since the beginning when Die Hard told me to come to his new board because he was sure I could rile people up enough to post here.

And, hey, it worked then.

It still does :).

Hey Art, who was the poster who called himself something like "ArtsBiggestFan"... I know that wasn't the name, but it was something clever like that. He posted for years and then just disappeared?

Archived