Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It's the Offensive line-!!!!!!!!!!!!

stevenaa

Are you negativity spewing, whining, griping knuckleheads really blind to this? Do you even watch the games?

We can't run the ball consistently because our Oline can't run block.

We can't pass the ball deep because our Oline can't pass block.

Heck, we tried some 5-7 step drops to maybe get the ball down the field, and PR had rushers beating him to the dropback.

Our Oline is horrid. We can't go long if PR can't hold the ball a few seconds to let a receiver get open down field.

Gibbs is playing short pass ball because the run isn't working, which is what usually sets up the deeper passes.

This is so frigging obvious it hurts!!!!!

Anyone who had the pleasure of watching the Skins during the 80's and early 90's knows this isn't how Gibbs wants to be running the offense.

I live in Texas. Cowboys fans have been screaming to get in the young QB's (and other young prospects) to start building for the future. They have wanted to forgo this season to build for the future. But their coach has tried to win this season, and in so doing has pissed away time. (yee haa for us!!)

Thank God we have a coach that isn't so short sided. We're building for the future. This years record means nothing. So chill out and give the man the time he has EARNED!!!!!

As much hope we all had this season. deep down we knew it would take a bit of time.

no one in their own jobs could do the same if you were gone for say 13yrs. and expect to come back and do as good as before.

Things change, the game evolved, better players, more talent, $$ and the list goes on.

Gibbs has earned the respect to give him more time to build his new legacy. Now if this was the 3rd year...oh hell no.

but its not.

At least we have a 2005yr QB out of the way.

WR, OL,DL and CB would be great pick up draft or via free agency.

Those leaving imo:

Rod G( reason Gibbs resigned DMAC)

Raymer

Brown( but he'll retired a skinz and back up next year)

The rest is up in the air.

Originally posted by method man

im thinking ray brown would be a better guard even at his age than lazy dockery

I'm thinking Dockery would look a hell of a lot better lined up next to anyone not named Raymer or Friedman.

I'm also thinking Ray Brown would look absolutely awesome with a visor and a clipboard, as our new O-line coach. Seriously, I think Brown would make a great coach. Having watched him on monday night live and in interviews it's obvious that his teamates respect him a great deal. Hell, even Doc Walker respects him, lol! He has that aura of leadership about him, and he is obviously a pretty bright guy from his comments on the shows and in interviews. Besides, are you gonna say no to him? Hell no. The man is still a beast at 42.

Nice to know that someone around here gets it.

This line needs a stud center, Jansen back, and some depth. You can bet that Gibbs and co. will take care of it this off season.

Speaking of the off season, look for the team to fix the O line via free agency. O line rookies take too long to develop. Ask the Giants. Expect a pass rushing D end at some point and whatever skill needs remain will be addressed via the draft.

Its alot more the the O-Line. Its the offense as a whole. Gibbs and his playcalling, O-line that could not block a high school team and QB's including Ramsey who could not get it done. Ramsey just happened to be a little better than Brunnell but it was too late.

I think the offense needs to be a complete overhaul. O-Line needs players. Dockery, Brown and Raymer are terrible. Joe Gibbs needs a new playbook and burn the one he just used to become the worst offense in the NFL. Ramsey needs to learn this offseason that there is more than one WR in the game and not to lock on one. You can read him like a book ( unless he throws the quick WR screen which is a designed play) Our WR's need to learn how to catch the ball.

I feel sorry for the defense. Gregg Williams did some amazing things with our no name defense and more than put us in place to win some games.

Hey, at least we should have another fun offseason. Its sad when I look more forward to the offseason then the regular season. I guess thats what 13 ugly seasons in a row does to a fan.

Originally posted by Fan4life

Those leaving imo:

Rod G( reason Gibbs resigned DMAC)

I'm not sure why Gibbs re-signed DMAC. After being active for a couple of weeks, he's once again been inactive for the last two weeks (SF and DAL). If he really liked DMAC, I don't think Antonio Brown would have been made active- I don't really understand the big show of confidence in DMAC with the contract and then having him be inactive for 90% of the season. My take on it is that Gibbs has really not made up his mind on a lot of his personnel - which is really to be expected in a coach's first year.

Actually, a lot of analysts say that Parecells doesn't really know/trust his players yet either. Hopefully we'll have more consistency in personnel decisions next year, at least among players that were here this year.

I'm not sure why Gibbs re-signed DMAC. After being active for a couple of weeks, he's once again been inactive for the last two weeks (SF and DAL). If he really liked DMAC

Maybe it's as simple as he knows what he has in DMAC and needs to know about the others. I truly believe this season for Coach has been about finding out what he has and what he needs.

Originally posted by stevenaa

Maybe it's as simple as he knows what he has in DMAC and needs to know about the others. I truly believe this season for Coach has been about finding out what he has and what he needs.

I don't think so. New coaches should always get a year or two to get things settled. Year three should be where you start to see what they'll be providing to the franchise. That doesn't mean years one and two are spent auditioning players; it means that the coaches are getting used to the team in years one and two. The coaches are still trying to win.

You think Gibbs likes DMAC so he made him inactive while he auditions other players during regular season games (and we're not talking about one or two games of being inactive here, we're also talking about games to fight for the playoffs)? I find that highly unlikely. I've never even heard of that before.

I don't care what Randy Thomas wants he needs to be moved from RG he is not powerfull he gets blown up at the point of attack. He made his name playing next to Mawae and pulling he is good in space but can not handle big strong DTs. Glover ate his lunch all day and he has shown this weakness to likes of Chester Mcglockten last year.

Dockery is a joke of 340lbs guard and Raymer needs no explanation.

Originally posted by stevenaa

Are you negativity spewing, whining, griping knuckleheads really blind to this? Do you even watch the games?

We can't run the ball consistently because our Oline can't run block.

We can't pass the ball deep because our Oline can't pass block.

Heck, we tried some 5-7 step drops to maybe get the ball down the field, and PR had rushers beating him to the dropback.

Our Oline is horrid. We can't go long if PR can't hold the ball a few seconds to let a receiver get open down field.

Gibbs is playing short pass ball because the run isn't working, which is what usually sets up the deeper passes.

This is so frigging obvious it hurts!!!!!

Anyone who had the pleasure of watching the Skins during the 80's and early 90's knows this isn't how Gibbs wants to be running the offense.

I live in Texas. Cowboys fans have been screaming to get in the young QB's (and other young prospects) to start building for the future. They have wanted to forgo this season to build for the future. But their coach has tried to win this season, and in so doing has pissed away time. (yee haa for us!!)

Thank God we have a coach that isn't so short sided. We're building for the future. This years record means nothing. So chill out and give the man the time he has EARNED!!!!!

What he said. :yes:

And, you may think you are the next coming of Vince Lombardi, but just because I do not totally agree with you does NOT make me stupid.

Blondie,

I didn't insinuate anyone who doesn't agree wiith me is stupid, least of all you. Now, all those who spew negativity and scream for a new OC, or Head Coach or the like I tend to shelf under that heading. I don't have much tolerance for ignorant impatience. We're not even through the season yet.

And I certainly don't see myself being equal to even a kids league football coach, let alone Lombardi. However, there are some problems that are glaringly obvious.

And, there are obviously more problems than the offensive line, but it is the glaring weakness and the main failure that is hurting us the most.

I hope that the people yelling about Gibbs and Clinton Portis not performing to their potential READ THIS THREAD because you all are simply ignorant. You IGNORE the fact that it's our shabby O-line that either make NO hole or run in to Clinton and successfully help tackle him. Walter Peyton couldn't average 4 yards with our O-line. Ok maybe, but you understand the point?

YOU CAN'T THROW DEEP BALLS WHEN YOU HAVE 2 SECOND IN THE POCKET.

Chris Samuels did not step up and Captain the O-line this year. He doesn't communicate, he get's beat up by good defenders, and he's our best lineman. If the opportunity presents itself, let's get a nice receiver or tight end in the draft, but can we draft 3 or 4 offensive lineman?

Are there any good free agents on the market?

Archived