Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is what Philly did Classless?

KDawg

Originally posted by Blazers21

Yawn.

Eagles starters were out for the entire 4th. :doh:

What, sit them midway through the second qtr, when you get up by 28?

Risking injury is one thing, but you play your game until the 4th. Sounds like a lot of whining to me.

They were in in the 4th and they were taking shots in the 4th.

I personally could care less about what Philly does most of the time... But today i thought they were classless. But I expect you to defend your team just as I would defend the 'Skins, so you're entitled to your opinion.

Originally posted by KDawg

That's all? That's stupid.

Joe Gibbs had our guys take a knee before the 2 minute warning...

Speaking of which, wtf was up with the Giants still running plays and going as far as taking a TO with 6 seconds left? I understand that you want to give Manning some reps, but come one that was completely uncessary.

I loved how Greg Williams brought just about everybody on that last play and I hoped for that little spoiled prick to get broken in half.

Originally posted by favreisgod

no, obviously not at the half. No one said that. But they definitely shouldnt be playing in the 4th and they sure as hell shouldnt be taking shots deep.

Maybe if the Packers had a secondary on the field today the Eagles wouldn't be winging the ball all over the place like a game of Madden.

Yeah they played into the 4th until it was clear Favre wasn't coming back in. As for "taking shots" if you think Philly couldn't have converted those last two FGs into TDs then I don't know what to tell you. Just because the Packers couldn't stop the Eagles doesn't mean they should have stopped playing after halftime.

Originally posted by Eagles_Legendz

The pulled them with more than ten minutes left. Give me a break.

The boos when GB scored were a joke. I thought you guys would have better things to do after your win today than complain about Philadelphia.

Sure do, I'm enjoying the win. I just enjoy class as well. Sorry to spoil your day. I'm actually not upset at all over Philly doing that to GB, but I still think it's completely classless.

Originally posted by KDawg

I'm actually not upset at all over Philly doing that to GB, but I still think it's completely classless.

Your opinion. Frankly I'm so sick of hearing about Favre and the overrated Packers I have no sympathy for them. Much less all the trash they were talking during the game while getting shut out at the time which I doubt many of you saw since you were watching the Skins win. They deserved to get blown out for how they were acting.

yes, GB has a horrible secondary, still doesnt excuse a coach taking shots deep when theyre up by 35. Its ok though, the Eagles will choke in the playoffs like they always do. And if they somehow do get to the super bowl they will be destroyed by New England or Pittsburgh or Indy

Originally posted by TexasEagle

Your opinion. Frankly I'm so sick of hearing about Favre and the overrated Packers I have no sympathy for them. Much less all the trash they were talking during the game while getting shut out at the time which I doubt many of you saw since you were watching the Skins win. They deserved to get blown out for how they were acting.

Couldn't agree with you more on the Favre lovefest.

And Barnett talking trash was ridiculous.

I wish I was watching the 'Skins, I had to watch on NFL.com, I got the Philly/GB game here.

Philly looked damn impressive, but my original opinion is still my opinion.

yes, GB has a horrible secondary, still doesnt excuse a coach taking shots deep when theyre up by 35.

Dude you are really becoming annoying.....

I don't care if they are up by 85........If nobody is open short and owens is open DEEP then what is McNabb supposed to do?

THROW THE BALL AWAY AND TELL THE MEDIA IT WAS A CLASSY THROW? B.S.

No lead is safe in this league especially if the backups are "supposed" to be in ..

Originally posted by KINGBRICE_28

Dude you are really becoming annoying.....

I don't care if they are up by 85........If nobody is open short and owens is open DEEP then what is McNabb supposed to do?

THROW THE BALL AWAY AND TELL THE MEDIA IT WAS A CLASSY THROW? B.S.

No lead is safe in this league especially if the backups are "supposed" to be in ..

It's not really on the players... It's more on Reid than anything. They could have run, and they didn't, and I think that's what he means.

I don't blame McNabb or any of the players in the least, let's make that clear.

no, obviously not at the half. No one said that. But they definitely shouldnt be playing in the 4th and they sure as hell shouldnt be taking shots deep.

It's pretty hard to count Favre out even when down by 21 in the fourth. I do not blame Philly or Reid for scoring as much as possble.

wtf are you guys talking about????? The Eagles ran up an astonishing 6 points in the last quarter and a half. Andy never takes his starters out. No one mentions the classless cheap shots the Packers were throwing... Or the celebrating after tackles when their down by 4 or 5 TD's. Get over yourselves.

Originally posted by carlsbadd

Who cares if they run up the score or not. The point of the game is to score on offense when you have the ball. Thats it.

If Gibbs came out and started calling long balls to Coles or Gardner we would make up our own reasons why it is OK.

Who cares!!!!!!

Which is exactly what I said earlier. But I still don't agree with it, and if Gibbs did it I'm not sure I'd agree with it either.

The Eagles were ahead 35-3 at the half.

In the second half they ran the ball 16 times and passed it 20 times. Their last offensive play of the game, with 1:14 left, was a pass.

Now, I'm sure that the Eagles are so pass-oriented that they don't know how to run the ball even when they are up by five TDs, but if there's ever a time to kneel down it's at the 2:17 mark when you're ahead by 30 points. The Eagles did not kneel down once. I don't know if that's a 'class' thing or not, but it is a little odd. I wonder why Reid felt the need to keep moving the ball at that point? Shrug.

Archived