Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Write it down: I GUARANTEE a victory against the Eagles.

cfujskins

Wow - what is everyone smoking? Chad Johnson just burned our D silly and we think we can contain TO? I just hope that the Birds are flat coming off of a Monday night game and that we run the football enough to keep the game close. This Eagles team is for real and reminds me a lot of my beloved Skins in 1992. My only hope at this point is that someone from the NFC knocks them out in the playoffs.

Well, I don't know if 6 catches for 89 yards and no TDs is considered an official silly burn. I think when you hold a WR to his 5th best showing in 9 games that's pretty much containing him.

Now, TO is having a much better season, so I figure if we can hold him to 90 yards and a TD, that will be a good night for us.

But the best defense against a player like that is a good running game. Run the ball. Eat up the clock. Score a few TDs in the process, and try and hang close. If we can do that and keep TO from putting up 150 yards and 3 TDs we might .... might, have a chance.

That's a lot of if's though.

guys, straight up, i think we know what happens.

but this is the nfl.

touchdown you say?! no my friend, that yellow flag means the refs decided to call holding.

turnovers and refs can make any game interesting.....:cheers:

Skins will cover. Philly looked too damn good vs. Dallas, on National Television to boot.....and we know how bad our team looked vs. cinci. It's a setup. :paranoid:

I hate to say this to you guys...but you have NO CHANCE next Sunday.

First of all......this is a home game for my Birds against a divisional rival. I honestly think that the questions about our run defense were answered last night by installing Rayburn and once again making Trotter look like he never left. Our run game...once we commit to it is pretty imposing now that Levens has gotten into football shape and Westbrook is getting back on track.

And of course there is the T.O. factor......nuff said!

Eagles 38

Skins 10

Cha-Ching!

Turnovers will dictate the outcome of this football game. If we are patient with Portis and play the time of possession game, then we have a fighting chance. If we decide to go Air Coryell and throw the ball all over the place from the start, we get our butts kicked.

It's that simple.

Originally posted by Number5

I honestly think that the questions about our run defense were answered last night by installing Rayburn and once again making Trotter look like he never left.

I don't think that answers anything about your run defense. You played the Cowboys. They don't even have a running game!

Originally posted by canesluver
Originally posted by Number5

I honestly think that the questions about our run defense were answered last night by installing Rayburn and once again making Trotter look like he never left.

I don't think that answers anything about your run defense. You played the Cowboys. They don't even have a running game!

They have a big physical offensive line that we attacked all night long and won.

I think the key to beating the eagles is to make McNabb beat us with his arm. Eliminate the scrambles and big plays that result from them and the Eagles are a different team. Anyone see McNabb scramble all over the field last night on that one play and then throw a bomb to Mitchell. That's the stuff we have to avoid. Notice on that play that a Dallas D-Lineman had his hands on McNabb. That's the issue.. you can't "Just" put your hands on him... you've got to commit to hit him and wrap up. He sheds "arm" tackles because of his size and athleticism... you have to hit him with technique.

That's been out downfall against the Eagles. We get McNabb in our grasp and he slips away and kills us with a 3rd down conversion or broken play that results in big points. If we just contain him and make him beat us in the pocket than we're closer to winning. Additionally, the less opportunities he has the more he forces things. Running the ball and simply controlling the clock is our best weapon.

Can we win? Sure... it's the NFL. Is it likely? No... not unless we play the perfect game and avoid the situations McNabb puts us in game in and game out.

Originally posted by Cskin

I think the key to beating the eagles is to make McNabb beat us with his arm. Eliminate the scrambles and big plays that result from them and the Eagles are a different team. Anyone see McNabb scramble all over the field last night on that one play and then throw a bomb to Mitchell. That's the stuff we have to avoid. Notice on that play that a Dallas D-Lineman had his hands on McNabb. That's the issue.. you can't "Just" put your hands on him... you've got to commit to hit him and wrap up. He sheds "arm" tackles because of his size and athleticism... you have to hit him with technique.

That's been out downfall against the Eagles. We get McNabb in our grasp and he slips away and kills us with a 3rd down conversion or broken play that results in big points. If we just contain him and make him beat us in the pocket than we're closer to winning. Additionally, the less opportunities he has the more he forces things. Running the ball and simply controlling the clock is our best weapon.

Can we win? Sure... it's the NFL. Is it likely? No... not unless we play the perfect game and avoid the situations McNabb puts us in game in and game out.

Very fair and very honest assetment. Good post!

The Dallas o-line isnt big at all, just on the left side. Thats where Eddie "Flat Tires" George broke his LONGEST td run against you guys and plowed Dawkins over. Where was Trotter on that play? Richie Anderson also did well in limited action. If Ramsey can move the ball down the field efficiently so they have to respect the pass I believe we can win. The matchup I'm looking at the most is TO vs our secondary. TO can't be shut down, but we can contain him. I believe Williams will come up with something for him.

Originally posted by Skins4SB

The Dallas o-line isnt big at all, just on the left side. Thats where Eddie "Flat Tires" George broke his LONGEST td run against you guys and plowed Dawkins over. Where was Trotter on that play?

Being held. Quite blatant no-call - clear on the replays.

Guarantee a win !! hardly ;) but i d like how every team that has played on monday night football and won has fared in their next game of their schedule :D

8 of the 9 monday night game winners this year have gone on to lose their next game :cool:

however the one that went on to win their next game :doh:

thats right the eagles :rolleyes:

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

Originally posted by burritopunk

i honestly think we have a good chance against the eagles. i have a feeling i am going to be seeing a few yellow flags on some big plays though.

does anybody know if JERRY AUSTIN will be officiating the game?:puke:

we do have a good chance, and luckily Jerry Austin and his moron crew are done with us this year I believe, I think we are done with Tom White and his crew too so we should start seeing some better officiated games....:eaglesuck

Originally posted by mark327

Guarantee a win !! hardly ;) but i d like how every team that has played on monday night football and won has fared in their next game of their schedule :D

8 of the 9 monday night game winners this year have gone on to lose their next game :cool:

however the one that went on to win their next game :doh:

thats right the eagles :rolleyes:

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

The eagles and colts were the only teams to win after a monday night win this year.

We will have to overcome the injures. How well will Griffen be able to go? Lavar is probably still out. Barrow probably won't play. Daniels is still out. A lot to overcome against a powerfull Eagle offense. Lavar I think will be missed this game the most. He does a nice job containing their QB.

Archived