Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Write it down: I GUARANTEE a victory against the Eagles.

cfujskins

Just a hunch of mine. Now before you ask what drugs I am on, hear me out.

In my opinion the keys to winning this game lie in two players hands: Clinton Portis and Sean Taylor.

Offense: We cannot abandon the run game at ALL COST. We should do well by running it down thier throats eating up the clock. Ramsey just needs to realize that he doesnt have to play superman this game. From what I see he is doing a better job of getting rid of the ball, which is good. Im impressed with Patrick's play fakes and With Portis running hard I believe that will give us some time to get some passes in the Intermediate range. We must remain in field goal range once we get in it, so the sacks will have to cut down. Dont be surprised if you see Ramsey do something he's never done: Throw the ball away. IMO Gibbs will hammer him, and Ramsey WILL do it.

Defense: The Eagles will play their first Blitzing team like ours since the Steelers game. The Eagles thrive off of the big play. If you make them play dink and dunk with you, then you can bring them back to a human level. We will have to "fight fire with fire" by using our big play threat on D, Sean Taylor. I see him comming away with at least 1 pick. Favre went for the big plays against us and he came away with 3 picks, despite that fact that Taylor was inactive for that game. I have a hunch that we will allow over 100 rushing yards this game, but I believe we will prevent the big plays, which is our key to victory IMO:2cents:

Originally posted by cfujskins

In my opinion the keys to winning this game lie in two players hands: Clinton Portis and Sean Taylor.

Offense: We cannot abandon the run game at ALL COST. We should do well by running it down thier throats eating up the clock. Ramsey just needs to realize that he doesnt have to play superman this game. From what I see he is doing a better job of getting rid of the ball, which is good. Im impressed with Patrick's play fakes and With Portis running hard I believe that will give us some time to get some passes in the Intermediate range. We must remain in field goal range once we get in it, so the sacks will have to cut down. Dont be surprised if you see Ramsey do something he's never done: Throw the ball away. IMO Gibbs will hammer him, and Ramsey WILL do it.

Defense: The Eagles will play their first Blitzing team like ours since the Steelers game. The Eagles thrive off of the big play. If you make them play dink and dunk with you, then you can bring them back to a human level. We will have to "fight fire with fire" by using our big play threat on D, Sean Taylor. I see him comming away with at least 1 pick. Favre went for the big plays against us and he came away with 3 picks, despite that fact that Taylor was inactive for that game. I have a hunch that we will allow over 100 rushing yards this game, but I believe we will prevent the big plays, which is our key to victory IMO:2cents:

I agree that we're going to win this game, but in this leauge I promise you nothing. Skins win, write it down.

If you make them play dink and dunk with you, then you can bring them back to a human level.

Last night, every time the Cowboys showed blitz, the Eagles audibled at the line to a shot down the field.

So, in effect, the blitzing wasn't forcing them to dink and dunk, but actually facilitating the big play by leaving man coverage on the WRs.

What are you putting on the line to make your guarantee worth something? Do we have an sig bets going this week?;)

The problem with that is you're not always going to see Pinkston make those types of catches vs. good CBs.

Now, I'll admit that Owens could probably catch the ball over God himself, but you have to concede that McNabb got away with a bunch of jumpballs that could have just as easily been knocked down to the turf or intercepted...

Originally posted by f_dallas

Last night, every time the Cowboys showed blitz, the Eagles audibled at the line to a shot down the field.

So, in effect, the blitzing wasn't forcing them to dink and dunk, but actually facilitating the big play by leaving man coverage on the WRs.

What are you putting on the line to make your guarantee worth something? Do we have an sig bets going this week?;)

If we lose, Ill put a pic of McNabb in my sig, hows that?

Edit: for one week

Wow! I love it! That's the way we have to think. Positive!

Originally posted by sonsofwashington

You mean the same Eagles that scored at least 42 points against a Dallas team that we lost to. I have not even read this post. A guaranteed victory is just too risky. Please dont place a bet so we all have to look at some lame sig for a week. PPLEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAASEEEEE! I had nightmares of that Ramsey is my ***** one. j/k

49 points. ;)

I think we can beat the Eagles, we have to go into this game w/the mindset that we are going to run the ball no matter what the Eagles do, they are a pass rushing/blitzing team and we cant play into that...

We have winnable matchups this game for our O...

Portis v. Trotter

Coles/Gardner v. Sheppard/Brown

they have holes we just need to exploit them.

Ramsey's Career against Philly:

Games:2

48/85 56.5% 484 YDS 10.1 YPA 4 TDs (1 Rush TD) 1 INT Sacked: 4

Game 1 Rating: 110.8

Game 2 Rating: 56.3

Career rating against Eagles: 83.7

Wow - what is everyone smoking? Chad Johnson just burned our D silly and we think we can contain TO? I just hope that the Birds are flat coming off of a Monday night game and that we run the football enough to keep the game close. This Eagles team is for real and reminds me a lot of my beloved Skins in 1992. My only hope at this point is that someone from the NFC knocks them out in the playoffs.

Hate to be a downer and perceived as negative....but as much as I'd love for us to beat Philly, we are not even in the same league as Philly right now.

I'm all for being postive and keeping things on the sunny side.

However, I just feel that some of the predictions on this board go beyond being "postive" and border on dillusional....what news are you reading and what team are you watching? :laugh:

Again, I hope that your outlandish and ridiculous internet "I called it" is correct, however, I have trouble seeing it happening:doh: .

Let's keep it real fellas :cheers:

Originally posted by GEB

Hate to be a downer and perceived as negative....but as much as I'd love for us to beat Philly, we are not even in the same league as Philly right now.

I'm all for being postive and keeping things on the sunny side.

However, I just feel that some of the predictions on this board go beyond being "postive" and border on dillusional....what news are you reading and what team are you watching? :laugh:

Again, I hope that your outlandish and ridiculous internet "I called it" is correct, however, I have trouble seeing it happening:doh: .

Let's keep it real fellas :cheers:

Well, there is the addage "any given Sunday" that could apply in this case. If you were a Vegas oddsmaker, though, the odds would be heavily stacked against us - especially on the road with PR starting his first game this season against an aggressive D.

That said, anyone know what the line is on this game?

Originally posted by pez

I agree... yesterday I called out the win, which is the first time I have done so... ever.... I have some sort of wierd gut feeling....

That's indigestion. :laugh:

I don't see us beating the Eagles, but think it is within the realm of possibility. Hope it happens.

Archived