Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Westbrook -- Let's finalize our bets.

Art

Originally posted by Henry

Hold on a sec.

As someone who's NOT betting here, I don't know how I feel about Westbrook getting his own special icon. He's not betting against the board, just Art, so why should the whole board have to pay the price if he wins?

In the past we've done something like clown the loser with a special title such as "Art's B!tch" (If Art wins, for example) for 50 or so posts. We've never given out special icons to bet winners, as far as I remember.

And I don't see Westbrook deserving such special attention in this matter.

Henry,

As you saw in my reply, the avatar change was based on the loser having to alter his avatar in punishment. The winner would not likewise get an avatar. I agree with you completely here and expressed it in my recent reply.

Not to mention, I don't see how betting avatars would be an even bet. Westbrook's been here since May with a post count of 675, and could disappear from this board and no one would care. Art's been here since who knows how long and is an important figure to this community. I'd say his avatar is a lot more important.

Anyone want to make a friendly wager?

That, in itself, entials no cash, so if he wants to back out when cash is involved, that's within his rights as a "man".

I also agree with Henry....

For the record, why would anyone bet actual money on a message board? What are the odds that anyone would actually see it?

No offense, but I wouldn't trust any one of you to pay me. If I won a bet and you told me to go **** myself, it's not like I'm going to have the opportunity to come over to your house and discuss it.

Originally posted by Art

Henry,

As you saw in my reply, the avatar change was based on the loser having to alter his avatar in punishment. The winner would not likewise get an avatar. I agree with you completely here and expressed it in my recent reply.

Just makin sure. :)

Guest Westbrook36
Originally posted by GSF

4 hours later and Westbrook still hasn't accepted the bet that HE proposed.

Yeah, I haven't accepted because I'm not going to bet money.....I don't know how much more clearly I can say that.

I said from the beginning, "friendly wager".

Originally posted by Westbrook36

Yeah, I haven't accepted because I'm not going to bet money.....I don't know how much more clearly I can say that.

I said from the beginning, "friendly wager".

Ok, if Art insists on cash, I'll take your bet. If the Eagles sweep the Skins I'll be Westbrook's beyatch with an avatar of your design for 100 posts, and I don't post much so that could be a while. If you don't sweep us, you get to be extremeskin's beyatch for 100 posts. I'm sure Bubba can make you up a nice avatar. Are you in?

Guest Westbrook36

I'll agree to any bet with any member considering avatars, signatures, etc but I'm thinking Henry might not buy off on it. It's really up to him.

That's a standard bet around here Westy. I'm fine with it. Generally we use a 'clown' avatar (currently being sported by KBNJ) or a not-so pleasant 'maid' avatar for the loser.

EDIT: Also, you can always arrange for the loser put whatever (within the bounds of good taste) in his sig. But that's entirely up to you guys.

I dug up the avatar we've used for these purposes:

Originally posted by f_dallas

That, in itself, entials no cash, so if he wants to back out when cash is involved, that's within his rights as a "man".

I also agree with Henry....

For the record, why would anyone bet actual money on a message board? What are the odds that anyone would actually see it?

No offense, but I wouldn't trust any one of you to pay me. If I won a bet and you told me to go **** myself, it's not like I'm going to have the opportunity to come over to your house and discuss it.

The phrase friendly wager most certainly does not denote no cash. I play a friendly poker game every couple of weeks. We're not playing for toothpicks. It may mean no punitive cash bounty, but, it doesn't preclude the option of a cash bet. I only bet cash since I won an avatar bet with a Cowboy fan who then disappeared until the term was up.

I will bet something in conjunction, but, cash makes the world go round. If you believe what you're saying, you put money on it. If you don't, you don't.

Why should/would I bet money with Skins fans when I can find much better odds elsewhere on both bets? Jeez, is that how you guys like to try to make money? I honestly don't see where the avatar bet is unfair. You have the clear advantage in the bet I presented.

Sheesh, I didn't even ask to touch his holy grail avatar or signature as part of the bet. If it was really fair, he should be putting up his avatar........but we KNOW he'd never be that confident in Gibbs and the Skins.

Why, WB? Because, in your own words you said:

Waiting for Art's reponse. Come on gents, I mean, all the Skins have to do is win ONE of TWO games this year.

We all know that is going to be a tough task since the Eagles are so much better but you gotta take chances in life.

So, why aren't you taking chances?

And it is obvious that you are not that confident in your weak Iggles team and it's coach, Chef Boyardee lablel boy, Reid.

Originally posted by Art

The phrase friendly wager most certainly does not denote no cash. I play a friendly poker game every couple of weeks. We're not playing for toothpicks. It may mean no punitive cash bounty, but, it doesn't preclude the option of a cash bet. I only bet cash since I won an avatar bet with a Cowboy fan who then disappeared until the term was up.

I will bet something in conjunction, but, cash makes the world go round. If you believe what you're saying, you put money on it. If you don't, you don't.

Nothing else needs to be said.......except for ONE response by westbrook (pu$$y/not pu$$y). :D

looks like nothing ever becamse of this... i was hoping for some action myself.

I used to think of an internet "bet" as a pretty silly situation, but now with technological breakthroughs (PayPal) it makes perfect sense to go ahead and put your money where your mouth (finger) is.

It only makes sense.

I'm thinking Henry might not buy off on it. It's really up to him.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

We know that's obviously not true... the loser of the bet wears that hot avatar... that's happened to many members here before. So stop the BS.

Originally posted by Drkstar

you are right Art. I got carried away with the hunt down remark but I mean everything else I said. Also, I had no idea that Westpuke36 lives in the islands... but you have to admit, it would be a great excuse to goto Maui!

The threat is defused. But my hatred for the Eagles and Westpukes antagonism is not!

Jon

Here, here! :cheers: Especially since he likes to name call with little evidence or support for such things. I personally have put him on permanent ignore because of his antagonistic ways & inappropriate name calling...it may be a good idea for you to do the same since it seems he has crawled under your skin as well...as most ignorant Iggles fans do!

:eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck

Originally posted by phanatic

Eagles to sweep the Skins? I wouldn't call that a safe bet. I would say the percentage of that happening does favor the outcome but nowhere near worth betting a C-note on. Yes, I gamble with my brain, not my heart.

As far as a Tampa RB gaining 100 in week one? Who in the hell is going to do that? Alstott? Not. Maybe if Galloway runs a few reverses deep in Buc territory and manages to break them, then maybe. Again, a bad bet.

Skins win week one. The return of Gibbs will have the stadium and it's players contributing well beyond what will be expected for the rest of the year. A homecoming game it will be.

Hey, your boy, Westbroke36 was all for betting on that a while back...now? Hmm, big shock...:rolleyes:

Originally posted by GSF

CSA,

I doubt Westbrook is Phanatic's boy. They are nothing alike. Phanatic is a great poster.

"your boy" is a phrase, a saying...like "dawg" "dude"...for females it's like "girlfriend" I'm not saying that they are anything alike...I am fully aware that Phanatic is a MUCH better poster than Westbroke36 & simply saying that "your boy" meaning a fellow Eagles fan, nothing more to it than that...

:cheers:

Guest Westbrook36
Originally posted by CowboyzSuckAzz

Hey, your boy, Westbroke36 was all for betting on that a while back...now? Hmm, big shock...:rolleyes:

I'm all for betting it. I guess Art doesn't want to do the avatar/signature thing. Some nobody wanted to do the best with me so I guess I'll have to just bet with him.

Edit- For the season sweep, not the 100 yard rusher....since it only makes sense to bet one and I'd rather make a bet where my favorite team is part of it.

Archived