Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Westbrook -- Let's finalize our bets.

Art

hey fellas, i am hard core redskins, i mean hardcore (like most of us from this site. Just wanted to let those of you who dont already know....that charlie garner is from teh area (no. VA to be exact-Falls Church to be even more exact ....grew up in Baileys Crossroads) We went to school together at JEB Stuart High School and although I'm rooting for our home team..i wouldnt mind seeing him score at leats once ......so he can put up the X he alwasy puts up to represent home. As long as teh skins beat tampa than chuck scoring or having a 100 yard game doesnt bother me...i know hes exciting about finally coming home again.

Originally posted by RaleighSkinsMann

hey fellas, i am hard core redskins, i mean hardcore (like most of us from this site. Just wanted to let those of you who dont already know....that charlie garner is from teh area (no. VA to be exact-Falls Church to be even more exact ....grew up in Baileys Crossroads) We went to school together at JEB Stuart High School and although I'm rooting for our home team..i wouldnt mind seeing him score at leats once ......so he can put up the X he alwasy puts up to represent home. As long as teh skins beat tampa than chuck scoring or having a 100 yard game doesnt bother me...i know hes exciting about finally coming home again.

I know Garner's from the Bailey's area. He worked out at my gym when he came home from philly. I think he's always been a pretty cool guy (I went to O'Connell down the street). I love the fact he represents for the crossroads when he scores but you won't see the "X" this weekend. Charlie's lost a step and even though he's reunited with Gruden, don't expect the bucs offense to be anything spectacular. When they're not playing the Skins, I still cheer for the hometown heroes (even Westbrook) but Garner's not rushing for more than 60 yds, no td's and that's if he plays the whole game.

Guest Westbrook36

Waiting for Art's reponse. Come on gents, I mean, all the Skins have to do is win ONE of TWO games this year.

We all know that is going to be a tough task since the Eagles are so much better but you gotta take chances in life.

Originally posted by Westbrook36

Waiting for Art's reponse. Come on gents, I mean, all the Skins have to do is win ONE of TWO games this year.

We all know that is going to be a tough task since the Eagles are so much better but you gotta take chances in life.

Are you instigating?????????:laugh:

If the Eagles are so superior, why don't you put actual money where your mouth is? :rolleyes: You may get better odds elsewhere... but Dirk had it right. This is the chance to stick it to a bunch of Skins fans.

Guest Westbrook36

Why should/would I bet money with Skins fans when I can find much better odds elsewhere on both bets? Jeez, is that how you guys like to try to make money? I honestly don't see where the avatar bet is unfair. You have the clear advantage in the bet I presented.

Sheesh, I didn't even ask to touch his holy grail avatar or signature as part of the bet. If it was really fair, he should be putting up his avatar........but we KNOW he'd never be that confident in Gibbs and the Skins.

WB,

Forbid I have lunch and miss you finally deciding to respond despite hovering around posting in other threads. Forgive me please.

I think it's fair to say you did make comment that you didn't want to bet money. And I think you'll recall I indicated that's pretty much all I do. If you'll recall, YOU are the one who opened the floor to bets.

Please recall here:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65244&highlight=wager

The Bucs will have a 100 yard rusher against you week one.

Anyone want to make a friendly wager?

I took you up on that bet, and you wished to add the bet about the season sweep.

I'm willing to take you up on both bets.

And to show I'm open to compromise, our bet will entail BOTH cash, which I've wanted all along, AND board features, which YOU'VE wanted all along. Sound like a plan?

Afterall, we all know this is a tough task because the Eagles are so much better, but, you gotta take chances in life.

Guest Westbrook36

Whatever. The only way you can even get a bet around here is if you get the Skins the marked advantage in the bets. How many of you would be willing to bet the Skins, even money, for each game with the Eagles?

That's what I thought. It's easy to talk smack when my team has to win BOTH GAMES to win the bet.

It's ok, I'll have an Andy Reid avatar up soon enough that will calm all of you during the season of unrest. :D

Why should/would I bet money with Skins fans when I can find much better odds elsewhere on both bets? Jeez, is that how you guys like to try to make money? I honestly don't see where the avatar bet is unfair. You have the clear advantage in the bet I presented.

Sheesh, I didn't even ask to touch his holy grail avatar or signature as part of the bet. If it was really fair, he should be putting up his avatar........but we KNOW he'd never be that confident in Gibbs and the Skins.

I'll be only too happy to put up my Avatar OR my signature, or both, WB.

Just put up a cash wager you can still make rent with, and we'll combine all efforts.

Originally posted by Art

WB,

Forbid I have lunch and miss you finally deciding to respond despite hovering around posting in other threads. Forgive me please.

I think it's fair to say you did make comment that you didn't want to bet money. And I think you'll recall I indicated that's pretty much all I do. If you'll recall, YOU are the one who opened the floor to bets.

Please recall here:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65244&highlight=wager

I took you up on that bet, and you wished to add the bet about the season sweep.

And to show I'm open to compromise, our bet will entail BOTH cash, which I've wanted all along, AND board features, which YOU'VE wanted all along. Sound like a plan?

Afterall, we all know this is a tough task because the Eagles are so much better, but, you gotta take chances in life.

checkmate ! :D

Guest Westbrook36
Originally posted by Art

WB,

Please recall here:

Hmmm, board features huh? So do I get to change your avatar and signature to what I want for a year? Or do you have to have the advantage no matter what the bet is? ;)

Whatever. The only way you can even get a bet around here is if you get the Skins the marked advantage in the bets. How many of you would be willing to bet the Skins, even money, for each game with the Eagles?

That's what I thought. It's easy to talk smack when my team has to win BOTH GAMES to win the bet.

It's ok, I'll have an Andy Reid avatar up soon enough that will calm all of you during the season of unrest. :D

Hold it now dancing queen.

YOU are the one who put forth the terms of BOTH bets. No one prompted you to do so. By yourself, you made the prediction about the Bucs running game, and offered a wager. When that was accepted, you then said you wanted to bet the sweep.

You set the terms of the bet. You can not NOW claim the bet is unfair against you. Again. YOU offered the bet. Seems you should pony up and abide by what you wanted to do, doesn't it? Or, do we have to get the blame for your own big mouth backing you into a corner?

Guest Westbrook36
Originally posted by Art

Hold it now dancing queen.

YOU are the one who put forth the terms of BOTH bets. No one prompted you to do so. By yourself, you made the prediction about the Bucs running game, and offered a wager. When that was accepted, you then said you wanted to bet the sweep.

You set the terms of the bet. You can not NOW claim the bet is unfair against you. Again. YOU offered the bet. Seems you should pony up and abide by what you wanted to do, doesn't it? Or, do we have to get the blame for your own big mouth backing you into a corner?

I'm not changing the TERMS of the bet. It's for fun. But for the marked disadvantage I put myself at for both bets, I didn't want to bet money and, if you remember, I said that from the beginning. I make lots of ridiculous propositions for pride with opposing team's fans.

If you don't want to agree to what I'm proposing (board settings), that's fine. I won't even hold it against you. But, since I proposed the bet, it doesn't make me less of a man if any guy off the street says, "OK, I'LL BET YOU A THOUSAND BUCKS ON THAT!!!" and I don't agree, simply because I said from the beginning that I'm not comfortable and aren't interested in cash wagers over an internet message board.

If I was interested in money, I'd go to any sports wagering site and make a bet. I'm more interested in bragging rights. Long after 100 bucks was paid, the constant reminder of an avatar picked by the opposing fan would linger.

I'm not changing the TERMS of the bet. It's for fun. But for the marked disadvantage I put myself at for both bets, I didn't want to bet money and, if you remember, I said that from the beginning. I make lots of ridiculous propositions for pride with opposing team's fans.

If you don't want to agree to what I'm proposing (board settings), that's fine. I won't even hold it against you. But, since I proposed the bet, it doesn't make me less of a man if any guy off the street says, "OK, I'LL BET YOU A THOUSAND BUCKS ON THAT!!!" and I don't agree, simply because I said from the beginning that I'm not comfortable and aren't interested in cash wagers over an internet message board.

If I was interested in money, I'd go to any sports wagering site and make a bet. I'm more interested in bragging rights. Long after 100 bucks was paid, the constant reminder of an avatar picked by the opposing fan would linger.

Actually, WB, you offered the bet to any man off the street. I didn't do that. YOU did that. Once you open the floor for wagers, it is your responsibility to satisfy requests of all those who wish to get in on the deal or, indeed, it DOES make you less of a man.

You can plausibly argue the door shut and only the people who engaged you in that thread are you obligated to finalize a bet with, but, even in that case, I'm not some guy off the street. I IMMEDIATELY took you up on the bet. I immediately let you know my intention as to how I like to handle such wagers.

I've opened the door to a combination bet. Part cash, part avatar.

I would not put either of our avatars up for a year. I would, however, say, if the Eagles sweep the Skins, I have to alter my avatar from the end of the sweep until the final snap of the season for Washington. Vice versa for you. The moment the Skins beat the Eagles, you have to alter your avatar for the same duration.

I think we can come to a conclusion here.

But, you need to figure out how to finalize this, since I'm pretty much offering up what you want. Now you have to meet me.

Guest Westbrook36

Well, I'm not interested nor comfortable betting money over an internet message board. If that makes me less of a man, so be it. I wouldn't bet a cash bet with you if the terms were the Skins sweeping the Eagles. It's just not my style.

If you want to continue with a variation of board settings in the wager(s), that's fine with me. If not, it's no skin off my back either. You all are going to say what you want about me anyway, so I don't care.

QUOTE]Well, I'm not interested nor comfortable betting money over an internet message board. If that makes me less of a man, so be it. I wouldn't bet a cash bet with you if the terms were the Skins sweeping the Eagles. It's just not my style.

If you want to continue with a variation of board settings in the wager(s), that's fine with me. If not, it's no skin off my back either. You all are going to say what you want about me anyway, so I don't care.

What a wish wash, I am afraid to commit, I have issues comment did you just make? Art basically changed the parameters of the bet to satisfy your request and all you can do is cry and hide in a corner.

Hold on a sec.

As someone who's NOT betting here, I don't know how I feel about Westbrook getting his own special icon. He's not betting against the board, just Art, so why should the whole board have to pay the price if he wins?

In the past we've done something like clown the loser with a special title such as "Art's B!tch" (If Art wins, for example) for 50 or so posts. We've never given out special icons to bet winners, as far as I remember.

And I don't see Westbrook deserving such special attention in this matter.

Archived