Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WTF has happened to Iffy?

method man

this guy is one of my favorite skins. he has come up wit some big plays over his skins career. i have been hearing reports that he is buried deep on the depth chart. is this because coach williams hates his gambling style on D? is it likely that he will get cut?

Originally posted by Redskin11

I was wondering why Andre Lott was starting :)

because he has skills, speed and has impressed the coaching staff. He can play both CB and Saftey. and though he will be beaten out by Taylor, I am sure he will used a great deal in Willams defense.

Originally posted by manichispanic

i think wed trade him then just cut him. we resigned him to a new deal just a couple months ago

He didn't get a new deal. What happaned was he finally signed his tender contract. He tried to play the market and no one came calling, so he finally agreed to his one-year tender offer. If he doesn't get cut, I don't expect him to be here next year, anyway.

Nick

Iffy has always been overrated on this board. For every play he made he got burned on 3 others. Also, like Inmate pointed out, his lack of speed certainly doesn't help in the system we are currently running.

That's the nail on the head right there. There was a reason Iffy wasn't drafted. This board all to often latches on to a late round pick or UDFA and immediately classifies him a hidden gem or "diamond in the rough".

Skaggs.... Rock Cartwright (sorry Blondie).. Derrius Thompson..... Ross Tucker.... Iffy... just to name a few.

He doesn't get it.... and he's having a hard time not having the starting SS position given to him based solely on his cult like following around here.

Originally posted by Cskin

That's the nail on the head right there. There was a reason Iffy wasn't drafted. This board all to often latches on to a late round pick or UDFA and immediately classifies him a hidden gem or "diamond in the rough".

Skaggs.... Rock Cartwright (sorry Blondie).. Derrius Thompson..... Ross Tucker.... Iffy... just to name a few.

He doesn't get it.... and he's having a hard time not having the starting SS position given to him based solely on his cult like following around here.

I don't remember anyone here calling Skaggs, Tucker, Or Derrius a gem, and Rock has proven to be a contributor. I think a lot of fans enjoy seeing a no name guy like Iffy or McCants work their way up the roster. The team needs to find more guys like this if we're ever going to have any depth.

As far as Iffy being over-rated here, well there is some truth to that. He was everybody's favorite underdog last year. It's not like he completely sucked though. I thought his play slipped later in the season, but that could be said about half the team. Iffy mostly played pretty solid, and came up with a few very nice plays.

I have no idea why he's slipped so far, but it sounds like maybe his heads not in the right place.

Playing Ohalete at free safety is fitting a square peg in a round hole, (or at least trying to).

I think the reason people like him is that even with his limited skills, he made more plays for us at his position than any safety since the last Gibbs era. (If you don't agree, please name who has)

Everybody has a horrible day. Even Lavar had several horrible games last season when third string Tight Ends scored touchdowns on him time after time.

i wasn't pleased with our DB play against the panthers. Smoot,Springs and Taylor were excellent as usual but Iffy,Bowen and Jimoh have been playing like crap. I've seen better stuff from the other DB's then the guys who we've been starting in in the past year. I think people on these boards tend to over-hype players on the team alot. Ramsey and Rock to name a few. I'd rather have Hasselbeck starting regular season then Ramsey. Ramsey has shown the same things this pre-season he did all last year before his injury. He isn't mobile and he holds on to the ball too long. Sure he's got a great arm but so did Jeff George and you see what he did for us.

Originally posted by skinsfan83

i wasn't pleased with our DB play against the panthers. Smoot,Springs and Taylor were excellent as usual but Iffy,Bowen and Jimoh have been playing like crap. I've seen better stuff from the other DB's then the guys who we've been starting in in the past year. I think people on these boards tend to over-hype players on the team alot. Ramsey and Rock to name a few. I'd rather have Hasselbeck starting regular season then Ramsey. Ramsey has shown the same things this pre-season he did all last year before his injury. He isn't mobile and he holds on to the ball too long. Sure he's got a great arm but so did Jeff George and you see what he did for us.

I do believe this board has its favorites and I tend to agree with you skinsfan83. I just want 11 guys on both sides that will produce a "Win". I do not care what their names are because they are all Redskins!

Archived