Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bond, James Bond: Who would make a good Bond to replace Brosnan?

88Comrade2000

I was going to say Christian Bale, but I think he is a bit too lifeless for Bond. Bond has to have that ego and charm. McGreggor has it, but does come off a bit soft at times. However, given the chance, he'd more than likely nail it. Fiennes is a good call as is Jackman, but I am going with Ewan on this one.

The James Bond series has become just another action movie series with an explosion every 5 minutes and tons of gags and tag lines. When Connery was Bond, it seemed a bit more went into each series, and although there was some cheesy dialogue, it wasn't overbearing.

Maybe they should just kill the series now instead of finding a new Bond.

:2cents:

You are all too late. Orlando Bloom has been signed by Miramax to be the new James Bond.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/793805.cms

Orlando Bloom is the new young James Bond!

ANI[ WEDNESDAY, JULY 28, 2004 07:51:00 PM ]

LONDON: British actor Orlando Bloom actor has been signed by Miramax to play young James Bond in his new movie which is based on the college days of this widely popular secret agent.

There were rumours floating that Bloom is taking over the role of James Bond from Pierce Brosnan in the next film due out next November.

According to Ananova , Bond producers were looking for a new leading man and Bloom was the lucky guy who got the role.

That Orlando Bloom thing doesn't sound right at all. If he only signs on for the 'College Years' flick, he'll just be a footnote like Lazenby. I like Bonds to have a few under their belt before they give it up. That gives the term 'the new Bond' a little more weight.

My $.02

Archived