Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Question for all Redskin fans (survey)

Ravens777

I have interesting question for all Redskin fans:

If the Redskins had an opportunity to get Ray Lewis from the Ravens through a trade or free agency would you take him?

Honest answers here, can be yes no answers or a spirited answer as well. Also this has nothing to do with your present team or defense, cut and dry, if there was a need for a LB would you pursue Ray Lewis?

hell no !!! the redskins don't employ criminals 777,

only the crows do . the redskins cut loose players that don't hold certain standards , my friend , take for instant a TE by the name of Ware which was just cut last week for public intoxication , ( thats being drunk in public in case you didn't know ) :rolleyes: Lewis doesn't fit the Joe Gibbs type player profile , he may be good on the field but you need to be good off the field to. :doh:

:ravensuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck :eaglesuck

I would in a heartbeat. I think Ray is the most valuable player in the league. He gets the rest of the team so pumped up to play with his energy and leadership, he is invaluable.

Mark327 - don't fool yourself. Riggo was no angel off the field. Oh yeah, and DEXTER MANLEY?

Ware was on the bubble anyway, you think he'd have cut Lavar for the same thing? Nope.

If we didn't have to mortgage our team, of course. One of the greatest players in history still in his prime. Makes everyone play better, team leader, of course. But as Sugar Ray Leonard said to Marvelous Marvin Hagler about fighting him "It will never happen".

wait,

they did fight years later!!!

Originally posted by WallyG3

I would in a heartbeat. I think Ray is the most valuable player in the league. He gets the rest of the team so pumped up to play with his energy and leadership, he is invaluable.

Mark327 - don't fool yourself. Riggo was no angel off the field. Oh yeah, and DEXTER MANLEY?

Ware was on the bubble anyway, you think he'd have cut Lavar for the same thing? Nope.

Wally , whether or not Ware was on the bubble or not he was cut for being drunk in public , give me a break!!! also i said Lewis was a good player , excuse me for not being correct in saying the best at his position :notworthy .

you bring up Riggins ---- all he did was drink ????? did he get cut !!!!!

Dexter --- couldn't read , big deal how many others in the league are there like that now a days . oh i better not forget his coke habit which mostly towards the end of his career and JG tried to help him to a certain extent .

:ravensuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck :dallasuck

Originally posted by mark327

Wally , whether or not Ware was on the bubble or not he was cut for being drunk in public , give me a break!!! also i said Lewis was a good player , excuse me for not being correct in saying the best at his position :notworthy .

you bring up Riggins ---- all he did was drink ????? did he get cut !!!!!

Dexter --- couldn't read , big deal how many others in the league are there like that now a days . oh i better not forget his coke habit which mostly towards the end of his career and JG tried to help him to a certain extent .

Manley was suspended by the league three times for substance abuse before the Redskins cut him. Riggins passed out under a table after insulting a Supreme Court Justice, and routinely showed up hung over for games - and stayed with the team.

A little public intoxication is not enough for Gibbs to cut a good player, but it was enough to cut a player like Ware.

Gibbs definitely wants players with character, but they don't have to be angels. Besides, Lewis was acquitted. I'd bet Joe would take him in a New York minute.

Originally posted by mark327

hell no !!! the redskins don't employ criminals 777,

only the crows do . the redskins cut loose players that don't hold certain standards , my friend , take for instant a TE by the name of Ware which was just cut last week for public intoxication , ( thats being drunk in public in case you didn't know ) :rolleyes: Lewis doesn't fit the Joe Gibbs type player profile , he may be good on the field but you need to be good off the field to. :doh:

:ravensuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck :eaglesuck

Ok, MR. MARK327, I will hold you to this post. Sorry sonny, in today's NFL I would have to say there isn’t a team that doesn’t employ "criminals", some teams may have more than others, but like it or not all NFL teams employ big star struck players that think they are above everyone in life. Time will prove you wrong on this one, under Gibbs or any other coach for the skins. I will tuck this post away and remind you of it when the time comes, I am sure it will be sooner than later…………….

Lets see how good you are, who played for the Redskins and failed the substance abuse policy numerous times and continued to play for the Skins? You will shout “not under Gibbs”, I like Gibbs a lot but I say he will be very flexible with the blue chips as every other team is. Reason you ask, he doesn't own the team!!!!!

Originally posted by Ravens777

If the Redskins had an opportunity to get Ray Lewis from the Ravens through a trade or free agency would you take him?

Honest answers here, can be yes no answers or a spirited answer as well. Also this has nothing to do with your present team or defense, cut and dry, if there was a need for a LB would you pursue Ray Lewis?

nope...:ravensuck

absolutely!

As a few on here have stated, he is thest defensive player in the league. If he's not the best overall player in the league, he's in the top 3.

There is nobody I wouldn't trade for him straight up.

Now, that's not saying I'd pay him a rediculous amount of money (he still can't play more than one position at a time).

I think you would obviously pursue a player like Lewis, though you'd have to balance that against gutting the rest of your team. Though Lewis is getting a little older and may not have a ton of time left to be a dominating force, he's the sort of player who has unquestioned leadership skills and a force of personality that won't allow others to screw up.

While he has not always made smart decisions personally he is a guy who undoubtedly helps a football team and would improve any team's situation in the middle. If it didn't kill the rest of the team, I'd certainly look at him.

Originally posted by WallyG3

Manley was suspended by the league three times for substance abuse before the Redskins cut him. Riggins passed out under a table after insulting a Supreme Court Justice, and routinely showed up hung over for games - and stayed with the team.

A little public intoxication is not enough for Gibbs to cut a good player, but it was enough to cut a player like Ware.

Gibbs definitely wants players with character, but they don't have to be angels. Besides, Lewis was acquitted. I'd bet Joe would take him in a New York minute.

the bottom line is character of a player , and seemingly sorry to say your definition of the word is years off of the way i define it . i wouldn't want him or anyone no matter how good they are on my team or the redskins for that matter .

as much money as these athletes make today and they are still babied when they break the law . sorry some may say on this board i'm insane or whatever they wish after they read this but it's gotta stop . where are your priorities at man , your values of life . apparently no where near mine.

At the drop of a dime.

I truly belive that Ware was going to get cut anyway and from the list of players that the coaching staff wanted to cut - the first one to get out of line was GOING TO BE IMMEDIATELY CUT to set an example for the rest of the team.

Did that make sense??? Oh well I tried.

:point2sky

...Oh yeah, I would take Ray Lewis in a heartbeat... as long as we could still afford a couple of other key people.

Lets see how good you are, who played for the Redskins and failed the substance abuse policy numerous times and continued to play for the Skins? You will shout “not under Gibbs”, I like Gibbs a lot but I say he will be very flexible with the blue chips as every other team is. Reason you ask, he doesn't own the team!!!!!

duh!!!!! was that DEXTER MANLEY , i'm no idiot 777

i betting WallyG3 's post helped you on that one.

no offense WG3 .

well i'm surprized somewhat that how good or great a player is would be the reason to take him if he was availible for trade or FA . i totally amazed how people think these days .

but there are still over 14,000 members that hadn't seen this post yet . so my hopes are still high

:point2sky

Other then salary cap reasons I for the life of me could not think of another reason why I wouldnt want to pursue Ray Lewis. He inspires those around him while being a true lockeroom leader. His intensity gets played off upon by his teammates. He is also one of the best players EVER at his position. The arguement on whether or not he is criminal really shouldnt be an issue. I dont remember him being un-coachable or a distraction within the orginization. If the salary cap permitted I would have him on our team right away.

:doh: oh my i almost forgot !!!! it wasn't that long ago when someone on this membership asked if Terrel Owens were to be offered up or wanted to be a redskin . would we take him , best receiver in the league !!!!! ,besides J.Rice of course

and no one wanted him !!!! to many character issues if i recall . :doh:

Archived