Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Question for all Redskin fans (survey)

Ravens777

Originally posted by ragintd

No, the bar I own is in Virginia Beach. And I've seen my share of wild bar fights, but like I said, decent people usually know when to stop. Even if it's a group of people beating up one guy.

And also, he didn't happen to just be there that night. It was his friends that did it. And it was his friends he lied for to protect them.

Hey, I heard OJ was a wounderful guy despite him killing Brown and her friend. Guess we should let bygones be bygones. One night of insanity shouldn't discount the man he really is. Right.

"Decent people usually know when to stop" Are you joking, if they were decent they would not be fighting in the first place!! Like I have said eariler today, Lewis went to the bar, but I assure you he didnt know a murder was going to take place more less a fight and the OJ statement, please there is a major difference, OJ did it and he went to her house to commit murder. Thats apples and oranges, boy you went way off the road to prove something thats not even closely related to the Lewis story.

By the way, I love the saying about glass houses, wonder if it applies here....................

Originally posted by Ravens777

Do you think Ray left the bar that night with the thought in mind that he was going to kill someone? Give me a break! What if you and I went to a bar for a drink and I started a fight with someone and killed them in the fight, should you be labeled the rest of your life? Get real!!!!

There have been other stories about Lewis and his entourage acting like assh*oles in local Baltimore bars - insulting women and then roughing up guys who intervene. He sounds like a first class prick off the field.

This is a troll post. You posed the question, then got quite indignant when people responded negatively. Aside from Ray Lewis having prior trouble with the law and trailing rumors and stories of being a dick off the field, why the hell else would a team not want him? Why pose the question?

Go back to Baltimore.

Interesting poser. I would take Ray - he is the best D player in the NFL and a willing leader on the field.

My questions about him have more to do with the impact of him on the salary and team chemistry.

What if we had to trade Lavar straight up? That would make it a tough decision.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Originally posted by Dan T.

There have been other stories about Lewis and his entourage acting like assh*oles in local Baltimore bars - insulting women and then roughing up guys who intervene. He sounds like a first class prick off the field.

This is a troll post. You posed the question, then got quite indignant when people responded negatively. Aside from Ray Lewis having prior trouble with the law and trailing rumors and stories of being a dick off the field, why the hell else would a team not want him? Why pose the question?

Go back to Baltimore.

You know what, that is funny since I am the one that asked someone to stick with the question about wanting him or not wanting him. There was a question in the office today about how Redskin fans would not want Ray Lewis so thats how this question was posted.

Back to Ray & company running around the streets "acting like assh*oles in the local Baltimore bars, unless you saw this with you own eyes and have a link to prove your statement I say it a mouth full of your own:puke:

. . .Back to Ray & company running around the streets "acting like assh*oles in the local Baltimore bars, unless you saw this with you own eyes and have a link to prove your statement I say it a mouth full of your own:puke:

Here you go, chief. How's my :puke: taste?

___

Woman Describes Alleged Attack by Lewis; Ravens' Linebacker Is Accused of Assault in Maryland Bar in November:[FINAL Edition]

Fredrick Kunkle. The Washington Post. Washington, D.C.: Feb 10, 2000. pg. D.03

Subjects:

Locations: Baltimore Maryland

People: Lewis, Ray, Ury, Ericka

Companies: Baltimore Ravens (NAICS: 711211, Sic:7941 )

Article types: News

Section: SPORTS

ISSN/ISBN: 01908286

Text Word Count 1037

Abstract (Article Summary)

A Baltimore woman says Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis grabbed her by the hair and punched and kicked her when she and others didn't move out of the way quickly enough when Lewis and five to seven of his friends swept into a crowded sports bar in November.

The woman, Ericka Ury, 23, is one of three women named as victims in a complaint filed in Baltimore ...

Here you go, chief. How's my :puke: taste?

___

Woman Describes Alleged Attack by Lewis; Ravens' Linebacker Is Accused of Assault in Maryland Bar in November:[FINAL Edition]

Fredrick Kunkle. The Washington Post. Washington, D.C.: Feb 10, 2000. pg. D.03

Subjects:

Locations: Baltimore Maryland

People: Lewis, Ray, Ury, Ericka

Companies: Baltimore Ravens (NAICS: 711211, Sic:7941 )

Article types: News

Section: SPORTS

ISSN/ISBN: 01908286

Text Word Count 1037

Abstract (Article Summary)

A Baltimore woman says Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis grabbed her by the hair and punched and kicked her when she and others didn't move out of the way quickly enough when Lewis and five to seven of his friends swept into a crowded sports bar in November.

The woman, Ericka Ury, 23, is one of three women named as victims in a complaint filed in Baltimore ...

This is too funny, maybe you should finish the story for the nice people of the board. Please tell us how this story and I mean story.

Bottom line, when you carry star status, all types of people lay claims seeking money, exposure in the press and god knows many other reasons. I think Mike Tyson is a nut case but lets face it when this guy goes out you can place a bet and be assured you will win that someone will claim he did something to them. It has happened to often and been dismissed when it comes to people in the public eye.

So Chief, you still have a mouth full of :puke: Please tell me you don’t believe everything that happens in a bar and spills to the morning paper. Lesson, here in American things have to be proved before guilt is assumed........... I hope this helps you through your confusion.

Originally posted by Art

I think you would obviously pursue a player like Lewis, though you'd have to balance that against gutting the rest of your team. Though Lewis is getting a little older and may not have a ton of time left to be a dominating force, he's the sort of player who has unquestioned leadership skills and a force of personality that won't allow others to screw up.

While he has not always made smart decisions personally he is a guy who undoubtedly helps a football team and would improve any team's situation in the middle. If it didn't kill the rest of the team, I'd certainly look at him.

Bingo.:D

This is too funny, maybe you should finish the story for the nice people of the board. Please tell us how this story and I mean story.

Bottom line, when you carry star status, all types of people lay claims seeking money, exposure in the press and god knows many other reasons. I think Mike Tyson is a nut case but lets face it when this guy goes out you can place a bet and be assured you will win that someone will claim he did something to them. It has happened to often and been dismissed when it comes to people in the public eye.

So Chief, you still have a mouth full of :puke: Please tell me you don’t believe everything that happens in a bar and spills to the morning paper. Lesson, here in American things have to be proved before guilt is assumed........... I hope this helps you through your confusion.

First, check your writing. It's hard to get your point when you can't complete a sentence.

Continue to defend Ray Lewis. Continue to post on other team's boards offering up your hero in ridiculous trade scenarios, spread your towel out on the floor and diggle your Esskay Ballpark Frank while people fawn over your guy. Then cry when people question his infallibility and ruin your buzz.

I don't know Ray Lewis. He's a great football player. He's also trailed a string of questionable incidents behind him including a murder he tried to help cover up and the incident mentioned in the Post article, where several witnesses came forward. ESPN ran a behind-the-scenes piece on him where they followed him around off the field. Surprise, they didn't catch him in the act of any criminal activity with the cameras rolling, but he came across to me as a royal prick. So pardon me if I don't join in the hero worship.

First, check your writing. It's hard to get your point when you can't complete a sentence.

Continue to defend Ray Lewis. Continue to post on other team's boards offering up your hero in ridiculous trade scenarios, spread your towel out on the floor and diggle your Esskay Ballpark Frank while people fawn over your guy. Then cry when people question his infallibility and ruin your buzz.

I don't know Ray Lewis. He's a great football player. He's also trailed a string of questionable incidents behind him including a murder he tried to help cover up and the incident mentioned in the Post article, where several witnesses came forward. ESPN ran a behind-the-scenes piece on him where they followed him around off the field. Surprise, they didn't catch him in the act of any criminal activity with the cameras rolling, but he came across to me as a royal prick. So pardon me if I don't join in the hero worship.

First of off, let me thank you for not providing the outcome of the so called women beating Mr. Lewis delivered to some helpless lady. Since Mr. English Major ( you have a lot of nerve to say that I may add ) didn’t give you the information, I will. The case was dropped because there was no evidence to support her claim, laughed off the DA's desk from the local reports at that time. Thanks again MR Dan for being so forth coming, lol.

Next point, This thread was not posted to say to say Ray is a hero in the community, I asked a simple question, as a Redskin fan would you take Ray on your team. Not once did I say he is a role model for kids or did I advocate for him being the next Pope. Get real, read the thread through before you place a personal attack!!

If you don’t like Ray because of his off the field actions and the baggage that comes with him, I totally understand. However, if you were to view the entire NFL’s talent pool with that frame of mind, I think we would have the talent level of high school ball or local college ball. I didn’t say it was right, it is what it is and we call it the NFL, I didn’t make it and I can’t fix it.

One other thing, notice how I addressed all your concerns, maybe you should have the same respect for others and address their questions and not walk away because you are wrong, but I don’t have to point that out, its crystal clear.

You have yourself a great day. Don’t get upset because I’m a Ravens fan on a Redskin board because fans from all teams are welcome here.

Originally posted by dieselfan44

His fire and passion is second to no one. Take him in a second. Him and L.A. working together.....someone could get killed.

Oh the irony. Someone has been killed without LA being involved when Lewis was off the field.

LOL

First of off, let me thank you for not providing the outcome of the so called women beating Mr. Lewis delivered to some helpless lady. Since Mr. English Major ( you have a lot of nerve to say that I may add ) didn’t give you the information, I will. The case was dropped because there was no evidence to support her claim, laughed off the DA's desk from the local reports at that time. Thanks again MR Dan for being so forth coming, lol.

Next point, This thread was not posted to say to say Ray is a hero in the community, I asked a simple question, as a Redskin fan would you take Ray on your team. Not once did I say he is a role model for kids or did I advocate for him being the next Pope. Get real, read the thread through before you place a personal attack!!

If you don’t like Ray because of his off the field actions and the baggage that comes with him, I totally understand. However, if you were to view the entire NFL’s talent pool with that frame of mind, I think we would have the talent level of high school ball or local college ball. I didn’t say it was right, it is what it is and we call it the NFL, I didn’t make it and I can’t fix it.

One other thing, notice how I addressed all your concerns, maybe you should have the same respect for others and address their questions and not walk away because you are wrong, but I don’t have to point that out, its crystal clear.

You have yourself a great day. Don’t get upset because I’m a Ravens fan on a Redskin board because fans from all teams are welcome here.

Well let me try to address all your concerns. I certainly wouldn't want to leave you hanging.

My original point was that aside from the character issue, why in the hell would anyone in the world NOT want Ray Lewis on their team? You posed the question, then you were shocked, SHOCKED that anyone would raise the character issue. So if character is not a factor in the decision, why pose the question?

I posted that there were other stories about Lewis causing trouble in bars besides the Super Bowl murders, and provided the article. Please return the favor and provide the link that it was "laughed off the DA's desk". I don't doubt the case was dropped. That doesn't necessarily mean the incident didn't happen. Lewis had 5 to 7 people in his entourage, according to the Post article, and I'm sure they would all have been willing to testify. Or he and his entourage may well have been set up by those people in that bar. Who knows. It's interesting that those things only seem to happen to guys who have been in trouble before - Mike Tyson, Darrell Russell, Ray Lewis.

Bottom line, I don't know Ray Lewis. It's obvious he is a great football player. It's also clear that some people have concerns about his off-the-field character. So in posing a question about him, I find it disingenuous on your part to discount character as a factor in discussing him.

As to the issue of personal attacks, I tend to follow the tone established by those posters I address.

My original point was that aside from the character issue, why in the hell would anyone in the world NOT want Ray Lewis on their team? You posed the question, then you were shocked, SHOCKED that anyone would raise the character issue. So if character is not a factor in the decision, why pose the question?

Bottom line, I don't know Ray Lewis. It's obvious he is a great football player. It's also clear that some people have concerns about his off-the-field character. So in posing a question about him, I find it disingenuous on your part to discount character as a factor in discussing him.

As to the issue of personal attacks, I tend to follow the tone established by those posters I address.

Let me put this to bed for both of us.

I never displayed shock over the character issue, in fact, my original post asked for spirited answers as well as a yes or no answer. I used the word spirited knowing full well that his off field actions would play a role in most answers.

On the personal attack issue, there was never a footprint for you to follow. I hope this ends this side issue and we can get back to the thread’s main point and stay the course.

What a pointless friggin question...It's basicaly like saying, if you had the chance to land (insert high profile NFL superstar) would you want him? I mean, really dude, you've got to throw a little more specifics into this hypothetical you're just tossing out there.

Stop giving us reasons to think Ravens' fans are dimwit homers.

Originally posted by Awesome

What a pointless friggin question...It's basicaly like saying, if you had the chance to land (insert high profile NFL superstar) would you want him? I mean, really dude, you've got to throw a little more specifics into this hypothetical you're just tossing out there.

Stop giving us reasons to think Ravens' fans are dimwit homers.

It may be pointless to someone like you!! The thread derived from a conversation between me and a Redskin fan in the office at work. He thought that most Redskin fans would not want Ray and I said they would want him, so tell me where is a better place to post a question like that other than Extremeskins.com?

I understand what’s wrong here, anyone that tries to form a sentence with "dude" in it is way off the radar screen when it comes to being a positive person but your post displays that.

Archived