Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Question for all Redskin fans (survey)

Ravens777

Originally posted by mark327

:doh: oh my i almost forgot !!!! it wasn't that long ago when someone on this membership asked if Terrel Owens were to be offered up or wanted to be a redskin . would we take him , best receiver in the league !!!!! ,besides J.Rice of course

and no one wanted him !!!! to many character issues if i recall . :doh:

:ravensuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck :dallasuck

I think most of the beef with TO is with his attitude. He is selfish, not a team player, and a bad influence on the team and team spirit. It's not about his character.

Yes

Lewis is a Monster.

A couple of years ago, when the Ravens were struggling, he made a comment about the rest of the team jumping on his back and he would carry them through the season. If any other defensive player said that I would of laughed.

When he said it, I believed him.

YES. Arrington and Ray Ray on the field at the same time......hell yeah. I don't buy into any of this charachter crap. The man is a leader and would do great things in the locker room and on the field.

I wouldn't mind if he toned down his pre-game dance though. :)

Originally posted by Ravens777

I have interesting question for all Redskin fans:

If the Redskins had an opportunity to get Ray Lewis from the Ravens through a trade or free agency would you take him?

Honest answers here, can be yes no answers or a spirited answer as well. Also this has nothing to do with your present team or defense, cut and dry, if there was a need for a LB would you pursue Ray Lewis?

Who wouldn't want perhaps one of the best LBs in league history. The only objection I would have to deal with is Lewis personal life history. If my chief requirement is character, no, he was invovled in some shady stuff and I don't think he really copped up to his part in that incedent.

Originally posted by WallyG3

Mark, what is it about Lewis that makes you think his character is that much worse than Manley or Riggins?

Is this really about character, or is it more because he is a wildly popular player on a local team?

Maybe because Lewis and his posse were involved in a murder? I dont' think Manley nor Riggins did any much more then hurt themselves.

Originally posted by ragintd

Maybe because Lewis and his posse were involved in a murder? I dont' think Manley nor Riggins did any much more then hurt themselves.

Do you think Ray left the bar that night with the thought in mind that he was going to kill someone? Give me a break! What if you and I went to a bar for a drink and I started a fight with someone and killed them in the fight, should you be labeled the rest of your life? Get real!!!!

I think most of the beef with TO is with his attitude. He is selfish, not a team player, and a bad influence on the team and team spirit. It's not about his character.

what T.O does on the field is no differant then Lewis on the field i think they are both great players but the way they present themselves off the field is or was much differant . you didn't read about T.O is the papers for his off field antics,

everything he did was on the field . sorry i 'm not agreeing , nothing will change my mind . with character comes attitude ,with attitude comes character . it's all about how you present yourself in the real world , oh but that my mistake we don't live in the NFL we just watch it. :D

what T.O does on the field is no differant then Lewis on the field i think they are both great players but the way they present themselves off the field is or was much differant . you didn't read about T.O is the papers for his off field antics,

everything he did was on the field . sorry i 'm not agreeing , nothing will change my mind . with character comes attitude ,with attitude comes character . it's all about how you present yourself in the real world , oh but that my mistake we don't live in the NFL we just watch it. :D

Just check the results on the question, lets stay with the threads intensions.............. We have your no answer, its not in the majority but we have it so let others post their feeling.

Is your name Beaver?

Do you think Ray left the bar that night with the thought in mind that he was going to kill someone? Give me a break! What if you and I went to a bar for a drink and I started a fight with someone and killed them in the fight, should you be labeled the rest of your life? Get real!!!!

only if i threw a punch and the victims blood was in my car!!

someone was lying big time !!! pleaded guilty to obstruction of justice or should i say bought his way out !!!

oh less not forget that if he really did nothing wrong he would of fought the lawsuit against him by the victims families instead of setting out of court for high 6 to- 7 figures.

if i'm totally innocent of any wrong doings i'm fighting it to my last pennies!!!!:2cents:

Is this suppose to be an excuse for him? Decent human beings stop after a certain point. I own a bar, and I've never seen anyone been beat to the point of death or anywhere near it.

Mark, what is it about Lewis that makes you think his character is that much worse than Manley or Riggins?

Is this really about character, or is it more because he is a wildly popular player on a local team?

if you really have to ask that , then i can't help you see what i'm saying :(

only if i threw a punch and the victims blood was in my car!!

someone was lying big time !!! pleaded guilty to obstruction of justice or should i say bought his way out !!!

oh less not forget that if he really did nothing wrong he would of fought the lawsuit against him by the victims families instead of setting out of court for high 6 to- 7 figures.

if i'm totally innocent of any wrong doings i'm fighting it to my last pennies!!!!:2cents:

wow, I bet you have never done a thing wrong in your life, ever get in a fight in school? Maybe you should be labeled the rest of your life for one bad day or night. My bet is, if it were not Ray Lewis he would not have been charged at all.

Lets take our meds and let the nice people answer the question Mr. 327. I mean really you act as if you would not root for the Skins if they were to hire Ray Lewis..... relax it was just a question.... ANYONE HAVE A FISH BOWL FOR MR 327!?!?!?!? HURRY

There seems to be alot of speculation about the character of Ray Lewis. Let he who hath not sinned cast the next stone.

The man has more character than any player in the league and it's probably 90% good character.

You guys don't know what his life was like before the NFL and you have NO idea what is has been like since he's been in.

Ray Lewis is the best player and most motivated man in the NFL. He makes 10 other players MUCH better than they were before and he makes an offense better by providing TOP NOTCH defense. Lavar Arrington (a great player) will NEVER be a Ray Lewis.

Every single one of you that said "no" to this question is being called a liar by ME. :)

Put your self in the shoes of a def. coordinator or the GM of a struggling team with defensive issues (Redskins, admit it.) Now Art Modell calls up and says he wants to send you RAY LEWIS.

Think about it. Don't bother posting again when you change your mind. I understand your temporary loss of sanity in saying "no" to getting RAY LEWIS.

Originally posted by ragintd

Is this suppose to be an excuse for him? Decent human beings stop after a certain point. I own a bar, and I've never seen anyone been beat to the point of death or anywhere near it.

Then I guess you are a very lucky man to own a bar and never see a near murder, by the way is this bar in Churchville? Dont label a man because he happen to be there that night. How would like it if you were labeled for owning a bar.......

Just check the results on the question, lets stay with the threads intensions.............. We have your no answer, its not in the majority but we have it so let others post their feeling.

Is your name Beaver?

if all we did was type yes or no wouldn't be much of a message board would it , with questions like this their are going to be opinions . thats why it's the best football board on the net !!!! :point2sky

I have interesting question for all Redskin fans:

If the Redskins had an opportunity to get Ray Lewis from the Ravens through a trade or free agency would you take him?

Honest answers here, can be yes no answers or a spirited answer as well. Also this has nothing to do with your present team or defense, cut and dry, if there was a need for a LB would you pursue Ray Lewis?

No.

While Lewis is a great player no doubt, I don't like him personally.

Character matters IMO.

if all we did was type yes or no wouldn't be much of a message board would it , with questions like this their are going to be opinions . thats why it's the best football board on the net !!!! :point2sky

We do agree on something, this is a great football board. However, we have your no and plenty of reasons for it, so please let people answer the question. The yes is coming up 3 to 1 against the no answer and I would even bet you lose on the character issue as well...... I could be wrong on the 3 to 1, it may much higher now.

While I disagree with Mark, he can discuss his position all he wants. Especially when it's opposed.

If you want straight yes or no answers, 777, then post a poll. As it is, this is a discussion. We are not in danger of running out of room by discussing ad nauseum specific aspects of the topic.

We do agree on something, this is a great football board. However, we have your no and plenty of reasons for it, so please let people answer the question. The yes is coming up 3 to 1 against the no answer and I would even bet you lose on the character issue as well...... I could be wrong on the 3 to 1, it may much higher now.

why does this bother you. people will vote however they want i'm not trying to lead them on against you . i said something and someone questioned me about it and i replied and will continue if i'm asked again .

777 if you wanted an actual count you should have pressed the pole button before you posted :rolleyes:

Then I guess you are a very lucky man to own a bar and never see a near murder, by the way is this bar in Churchville? Dont label a man because he happen to be there that night. How would like it if you were labeled for owning a bar.......

No, the bar I own is in Virginia Beach. And I've seen my share of wild bar fights, but like I said, decent people usually know when to stop. Even if it's a group of people beating up one guy.

And also, he didn't happen to just be there that night. It was his friends that did it. And it was his friends he lied for to protect them.

Hey, I heard OJ was a wounderful guy despite him killing Brown and her friend. Guess we should let bygones be bygones. One night of insanity shouldn't discount the man he really is. Right.

sure why not, he's still in his prime and still the most dominant LB right now. Think of Lavar and Ray on the same side, with Washington on the other side, what a sick team thatd be. However, the Ravens would have to be really strapped for cash to release him, and we dont have the cash right now to take him.

Archived