Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Beheadings Fuel Backlash Against Muslims

Jonathan

The actions of the terrorists who fraudulently associate themselves with Islam, should never be confused with the wonderful Americans of Islamic faith, or people of true Islamic faith anywhere - anymore than the abortion clinic bomber in the US should be associated with Christianity.

Beheadings Fuel Backlash Against Muslims

Sat Jun 26,12:19 PM ET

By WAYNE PARRY, Associated Press Writer

EAGLESWOOD TOWNSHIP, N.J. - The recent beheadings of two American businessmen in the Middle East have added fuel to the angry backlash against Arab-Americans and Muslims that began after the 2001 terrorist attacks.

The murders of Paul Johnson and Nicholas Berg triggered hate mail, verbal attacks and anti-Muslim signs. Muslims received death threats and their mosques were vandalized.

"Since 9/11, every time there is an incident overseas attributed to Muslims or Arabs, we go on orange alert ourselves," said immigration lawyer Sohail Mohammed. "There are individuals here who are off the wall, who think that every woman who wears a hijab or every man named Mohammed is out to blow things up."

Al-Qaida-linked militants in Saudi Arabia decapitated Johnson, an American engineer, after warning that they would kill him if the Saudi government did not release jailed comrades. Berg met a similar fate last month in Iraq (news - web sites).

Following Johnson's death, anti-Islam signs surfaced around the rural New Jersey neighborhood where he once lived. One read "Stamp Out Islam" next to a drawing of a boot over a crescent and star. Another, hung on a mailbox next door to Johnson's sister's home, was more detailed.

"Last night I wasn't a racist, but today I feel racism towards Islamic beliefs," it read. "Last night Islamics had a chance to speak up for Paul Johnson, but today it's too late. Islamics better wake up and start thinking about tomorrow."

The New Jersey attorney general sent bias crimes investigators to the area, along with stepped-up state police patrols. The signs are gone now, replaced with hand-lettered placards on utility poles that say "Our prayers are with the Johnson family."

But more anti-Muslim graffiti appeared Thursday on a Muslim man's home in Egg Harbor Township.

"It's really our fear coming true," said Faiza Ali of the New Jersey chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations. "It indicates a hatred that could turn into something violent."

The day after Johnson's death, a coalition of Muslim groups held a rally to condemn the killing in Paterson, the heart of New Jersey's Arab-American community.

A few days later, vandals tossed empty liquor and beer bottles at a mosque in Union City as congregants inside mourned a teenager who died in a car crash.

"If they are throwing empty bottles today, they could be throwing rocks, or worse, shooting at us tomorrow," said Aref Assaf, president of the American Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee's New Jersey chapter.

Two mosques in Florida were vandalized in the days after Johnson's killing. In the Tampa suburb of Lutz, someone broke into the Islamic Community Center and scrawled "Kill All Muslims" on the mosque's interior walls, then smashed windows. In Charlotte Harbor, someone vandalized a mosque's sign and left threatening phone messages.

In the St. Louis suburb of Ballwin, Mo., vandals painted a swastika and the word "Die" on the wall of the Dar-Ul-Islam mosque.

In Texas, dead fish were dumped near the entrance sign to a mosque under construction in a suburb of Houston.

And in the Chicago suburb of Orland Park, residents urged officials this past week to reject a mosque's building application. A Baptist pastor told a public hearing he feared it would attract Islamic extremists and violence. The center was approved over boos and catcalls from the audience.

"I believe the time is coming when Muslims will not be safe inside the U.S. borders," one man wrote to the Washington, D.C. (news - web sites)-based Council on American-Islamic Relations. "I see nothing wrong with us doing the same things to them that they are doing to innocent people."

"It is high time you people wake up and smell the blood," another man wrote to Assaf's group in New Jersey. "Turn in the terrorists. They are your relatives, in a lot of cases. Cousin Omar. Uncle Mohammad. You know what I mean. Until you come forward to help us stamp out this vermin, you are as bad as they."

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=519&ncid=519&e=3&u=/ap/20040626/ap_on_re_us/beheadings_muslim_backlash_1

INteresting that the terrorist apologists at CAIR, a Saudi/wahhabist front org is talking about people not being safe.

Guess what? The abortion clinic bomber analogy is getting old and isn't even NEAR accurate.

You act as if it's a few hundred guys and every other Muslim is wonderful and beyond reproach.

That's not to condemn all, but trust me--line up the areas of conflict and an interesting picture emerges. They DONT GET ALONG WELL WITH THEIR NEIGHBORS.

Point 2: After 9/11 a great many, quite normal Muslim Americans in Muslim academies(to say nothing of more radicalized elements in Europe, parts of South Asia and even SEAsia) revealed that they see us under shari'a law. They also demonstrated sympathy for terrorists or the ridiculous on the face assertion that since Muslims shouldn't commit such acts that it couldn't possibly have BEEN Muslims. Truly that is a fantasy and a self-delusion as Muslims(and all humans) are capable of great evil and have SHOWN THIS in the past and present.

More to the point, please direct me to the Taoist jihad beheadings or to the Mein Kampf being a best-seller in Asia or the US or Europe. Or you could direct me to the local Buddhist cell planning to blow up churches and pizzerias.

Can't find em?

OH, OK.:doh:

The day after Johnson's death, a coalition of Muslim groups held a rally to condemn the killing in Paterson, the heart of New Jersey's Arab-American community.

What the article fails to mentions is the fact that amidst one of the largest populations of muslims in New Jersey, only about 20 showed up. Most of the 20 were the speakers. I guess ya gotta start somewhere.

Originally posted by Jonathan

A few days later, vandals tossed empty liquor and beer bottles at a mosque in Union City as congregants inside mourned a teenager who died in a car crash.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=519&ncid=519&e=3&u=/ap/20040626/ap_on_re_us/beheadings_muslim_backlash_1

You got a picture of that Sarge?

Now, according to Chomerics.... what stage are Americans?

http://extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=751526#post751526

I hate to lump all Americans... but it's just so easy ya know? Like Muslims.

Originally posted by Die Hard

Hmm, when questioning the morality or ideology of Communists and Nazis, I'm wondering--were we lumping them all in?

I mean, in basically every nation where fascists and communists take power, bad things happen.

Is that the same as saying EVERY person in all those countries or even every party member is evil incarnate?

But I'm sure your desire to not "lump everone together" would comfort the Sudanese slave or the decapitated Hindu or maybe even the raped and forcibly converted Indonesian Christian.

Originally posted by Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin

Hmm, when questioning the morality or ideology of Communists and Nazis, I'm wondering--were we lumping them all in?

I mean, in basically every nation where fascists and communists take power, bad things happen.

Is that the same as saying EVERY person in all those countries or even every party member is evil incarnate?

But I'm sure your desire to not "lump everone together" would comfort the Sudanese slave or the decapitated Hindu or maybe even the raped and forcibly converted Indonesian Christian.

Hey JBooma.. where were you? Someone said something negative about Americans.... and you didn't chime in that Ghost would respond like a trained pet :laugh:

Racism is an attitude and not a disease. It could stop today if people stopped being racist, but it continues because they don't.

By not treating people as individuals racism continues. As white males, we live in one of the free areas of the planet and we are free to choose our actions and many of these actions can be better.

"The questions why do we have to be better than them" doesn't apply because we are not them. We have to be better than ourselves, and that is all. Our choices each day should reflect the people we desire to be and not the people are were.

Time to stop acting like stupid people, it's past time. The world is what we make it.

As for what I do, today I stop considering those how remove the heads in the name of Allah to be Muslin, just as I stopped regarding rapist priests and apathetic church administrators as Catholics. My world view can remain intact ONLY if I regard these people as individuals.

webnarc,

Excellent point. I too look at these terrorists as sick individuals. Or a group of sick people. I don't see them as a certain race or religion. I am sure there are plenty of peaceful Muslims. These guys could have been anything but it is apparent that they were taught very wrong growing up. And unfortunately, if they have any kids, they will do the same thing with them.

To me, these are people who are bad. Not Muslims who are bad. There are bad in every group. There are also good. We can only hope that the good out number the bad in all groups.

Muslims Gov't = Known to kill other Muslims of not the exact same faith... See Taliban, Saddam, Sudan etc... Gov'ts also teach death to infidels and Jews...

American Gov't = Bad Politics but wanting Freedom for others...

Even if its a Canadian ban on speach kind...:laugh: ;)

edit: Go ahead and isert puppet of Sarge or some side-tracking attack [ here ]

The terrorists are "sick" people; however, I think what bothers many Americans is the utter lack of Muslim leaders and other factions speaking out against the issues and the actions of said terrorists! (You certainly had that with the Christian organizations and the abortion clinic bombings).

"White" people have been guilty of indescrimanently blowing things up, too. Think, IRA. The difference there is they were seeking their independence (see Palestine). Now, when we speak of Jihadists who wage war on "infidels", we are talking about those who do not follow and believe in the most radical form on Islam, which means no one is safe. Just look at the wide scope of attacks they have pulled off over the last 15 years.

Can anbody tell the difference here? Religion based terrorism vs.

civil upheveal. BIG DIFFERENCE!!! Religeous genocide vs. civil independence from the state. Crackpots vs. revolutionists.

Originally posted by Cskin

Time pull out those MOABS from storage.... right Cho? Oh.. and Destino... there are going to be some civiliian casualities.... just to let you know.

Who do you want to bomb? Your post seems out of sink with the thread, just another mindless call for violence?

BTW - I've stated several time that the ideas pushed via Islam must be challenged as all religions have been trhu-out history. I don't see why we ****foot around with backward bigots that place themselves ahead of other and even their own women because of an old book. Screw that. Be it culture or religion at fault I don't care, fix it.

Also about my concern for civlian casualities, we'll let Jesus decide who's right on that one. Eh?

I agree with some of your points Webnarc

However the muslim community has alot to answer for.

Now lets compare them to the black community.

Back in the day when riding a DC public bus and we see a fellow bus rider down on her/his luck aka a bum or a guy on the street making a public spectacle of himself it hurt us all as a people and we dealt with it either in church or right there.

You dont see any of that anywhere. I still see the white america is at fault mentality among the converted but those who come here to new freedoms and lives should be in the forefront talking about their religion of peace as well as assimilating into America

It's a religion of peace.

Wahhabi'ism (as well as its theological twin Salaf'ism), the sect of Islam practiced in Saudi Arabia, is most certainly NOT a religion of peace. Quite the opposite. It was, from its very beginnings, a religion of violence. It began as a religion devoted to purifying Islam on the Arabian peninsula by killing "apostate" or "impure" Muslims.

I don't care what the religion stands for. Fact is, these extremists have been carrying out attacks and killing westerners for decades.

For all the muslims crying now about how this is only a small group etc,and how it's a religion of peace,... Too late.

If that is the case, then I think they and their leaders have had ample time to clean their own house. But they haven't. Terrorist organizations thrive in islamic countries, and have brought this war to themselves by their continued violence.

We tried for YEARS to get them to stop thru so called peaceful means,, diplomacy, UN directives, trade incentives, sanctions... none of it has worked, and it has only gotten worse.

If these peaceful muslims want to show how peaceful they are, why don't they ever do anything to stop the "few" people who are the bad apples?

They'd rather shelter them in mosques, hide them behind masks,, pretend they are az minute segment of their religion,, yet they continue to operate, they continue to be funded, they continue to enjoy the support and blessing of the islamic world.

Remember,, when we marched into Germany, you couldn[t find a nazi in the whoel damned country.. none of them were Nazis, and none of them knew anything about the Holocaust, or any of it.

Gosh,, here's a tip.

People lie.

~Bang

Archived