Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Stupidest Sports Chant...

halter91

Originally posted by Soonerz

I one I don't like is "The Eyes of Texas are Upon You"....For those of you who don't know it is the song for the University of Texas. It is the exact same tune as "I've been working on the Railroad" :doh:

That was my high school fight song. "The eyes of Southern".

The other teams fans would always wonder why our band kept playing "I've been working on the railroad". :laugh:

Originally posted by Nerm

How about the chant of "We want Dallas" from Skins fans? That always ends up looking silly.

JK

ALWAYS? Nerm you don't know your history. Rockin' the stands at RFK with that chant in the 80's was spiritual.

:wewantd: :cheers: :wewantd:

That was my high school fight song. "The eyes of Southern".

Man, that is bad. We used to sing "I've been working on the railroad" when the UT band played.

I guess as bad as that is it was better than my high school's song. It was a medley of three college songs. It was disgusting. :puke:

My alma mater has one that should be banned:

A warm up cheer at the start of a game: one side of Gator fans shouts, "Blue!", the other stadium side shouts back "Orange!" They repeat this several times until it just dies.

I go to UF now, and we actually have begun to do that in the middle of games when the other team has the ball. It's pretty lame, but not quite as lame as:

"IT's GREAT...TO BE...A FLORIDA GATOR...SAID IT'S GREAT...TO BE...A FLORIDA GATOR...(repeat)"

This happens at random times when there's a group of UF students crowded into a tight area, or whenever something remotely decent happens to any of the team s here.

This one makes me want to murder my bretheren.

Oh, and its not so much as a stupid sports chant, but what about University of Miami fans, running around like idiots screaming, "MIAMI, NI**A! MIAMI!"(usually by rich white kids)

that's pretty ****ing annoying too.

Originally posted by halter91

Dumbest thing ever, a close 2nd would be the Devils fans chanting Rangers Suck whn they play the Flyers or other teams.

This reminds me..... Mine would have to be while I was at the Patriot's playoff game this season against Tennessee in 0 degree weather..... Close game, Playoffs, and suddenly the whole crowd starts screaming..... "YANKEES SUCK, YANKEES SUCK, YANKEES SUCK" :rolleyes:

Originally posted by samtc

This reminds me..... Mine would have to be while I was at the Patriot's playoff game this season against Tennessee in 0 degree weather..... Close game, Playoffs, and suddenly the whole crowd starts screaming..... "YANKEES SUCK, YANKEES SUCK, YANKEES SUCK" :rolleyes:

Thank you thank you thank you.....I was just about to post the same exact thing!!! You can't go anywhere in New England to a sporting event without a "Yankees Suck" chant breaking out. They had a celebration at City Hall Plaza in Boston for the Pats after they won each Super Bowl and both times, the loudest chants of the day was "Yankees Suck". Unreal!!

On a side note, one of my all time favorites is being at Beaver Stadium in State College, PA with 50,000+ screaming "WE ARE" and the other 50,000+ screaming back "PENN STATE". Just awesome!! They do that like 3-4 times and then one half screams "THANK YOU" and the other half answers "YOU'RE WELCOME!"

Originally posted by WallyG3

Ah - I found the Super Chargers song:

for your listening enjoyment - try not to laugh to hard.

http://www.chargers.com/fan_zone/superchargers.cfm

wow, I couldnt hold myself from laughing, that song is just bad. Welcome to the 70's everyone.

I find the FSU chant pretty awesome, and besides, we have a sound sample on this site, or used to a few months ago. I gotta say that the skins fight song is great only cause it has a very classic sound.

Originally posted by TheSkipper

How about the Ravens fans. Every time they get a first down:

"Move those chains, move those chains....." I don't know the rest of it, but I went to a game a few years ago and it was the most annoying thing ever.

I witnessed that bit of PWT rhetoric also....but in true Bal'more fashion it is..."Move 'dem chains, hon...move 'dem chains, hon....and it ends with a huh!! :puke: It is so pathetic even the morons from Dundalk can remember it!!

Originally posted by unsonny

Love that chicken from POPEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYES

annoying!!

ahh...the sounds of FedEX. the Popeyes thing and the "THHHHHIIIRRRRDDDD Down" thing :mad: are the worst.

I would like to start a petition to have the P.A. Annoucer removed at FedEx Field. The older guy they had until about 3 years ago (Phil Hockburg) was classy...this clown sounds like he is working a monster truck rally....come on people, the one's who go to the home games, know what I am talking about...that overhyped junk and the b.s. nicknames like Champ "Bulldog" Bailey...who ever called him Bulldog?...I am glad Chamo is gone so I don;t have to hear the announcer say his "nickname"....alright I am done for now :soapbox:

Archived