Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Stupidest Sports Chant...

halter91

Originally posted by Morning Wood

Don't forget Stephen "Big Country!!!!" Daaaaavis.

I guess we'll now hear Clinton "Mr PRESIDENT!!!!" Poooooortis

Stephen "Big Country!!!!" Daaaaavis. :doh: how could I forget.

Clinton "Mr PRESIDENT!!!!" Poooooortis :puke: I hope that nickname stays here....but that clown P.A. announcer may come up with something worse. :mad:

it was a Caps advertising campaign back around the mid/late 80s, it was on the radio during Cap games all the time ...similar to the San Diego....SUPER Chargers! campaignb

Originally posted by PortisSkins26

Never heard that one, and ive been a caps fan since 1987.. Or maybe i just tried to put it out of my mind and now it finally worked cuz i dont remember it

One of the BEST stadium effects was at RFK during Riggins' years. Any time he'd bull for 6 - 8 yards, or break one off, they'd just do the "Diesel" sound effect, the tractor trailer rig blowing its horn. That would get people FIRED UP!

Originally posted by Blazers21

It's not that easy, Tom. I sometimes miss a couple letters. :D

While it's not really a chant, Orioles (and other MD/DC) fans who shout "O" during the national anthem is a pet peeve. :2cents:

We have a WINNER! Or is that loser? Ignorant cheer/chant.

Shouting the 'O' at Orioles games is awesome.

I would agree that the 'rock and roll part 2' "you suck" chant is a little out of control @ University of Maryland games. Although it is pretty fun to do when you're crushing a more local team like VA or WVA.

Nothing like being in a packed stadium against a division rival and hearing an ear-splitting J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS! chant in unison led by Fireman Ed following a TD.

The Eagles get my vote for their lame attempt to rip off the Jets chant.

This will sound like apostacy, but I actually like the Florida State chant better than Hail to the Redskins which seems terribly dated in my mind. I'm not an FSU fan, but I've been at the stadium when they band started the chant then the fans picked up the chant. It is bloody awesome to hear in a full stadium, very intimidating. I do like the fact that the Skins are the only NFL team to have a chant and Hail is not that bad.

Originally posted by RonJeremy

ahh...the sounds of FedEX. the Popeyes thing and the "THHHHHIIIRRRRDDDD Down" thing :mad: are the worst.

I would like to start a petition to have the P.A. Annoucer removed at FedEx Field. The older guy they had until about 3 years ago (Phil Hockburg) was classy...this clown sounds like he is working a monster truck rally....come on people, the one's who go to the home games, know what I am talking about...that overhyped junk and the b.s. nicknames like Champ "Bulldog" Bailey...who ever called him Bulldog?...I am glad Chamo is gone so I don;t have to hear the announcer say his "nickname"....alright I am done for now :soapbox:

I agree with you and they have to stop the "Who let the dogs out? woof woof woof woof chant. That drives me crazy and everyone looks like morons barking at the players.

If you have ever been to a Wizards game they have a guy who is screaming at everyone to get them hyped up and its hilarious because the guy just seems angry, but I guess it is the Wizards :laugh:

Nothing like being in a packed stadium against a division rival and hearing an ear-splitting J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

True. There is, in a very literal sense, nothing like it.

:doh:

The Eagles get my vote for their lame attempt to rip off the Jets chant.

Well, when it comes to picking a good chant to rip off, Eagles fans aren't the brightest...

All chants are stupid. Earlier, someone said something to the effect that if you like the team the chant is the best, if you hate the team their chant is the worst. That's about right.

The only time I disagree with that logic is when Orioles' fans disgrace the National Anthem by screaming "O" near the end. That is an embarassment to us all.

Originally posted by phantom

All chants are stupid. Earlier, someone said something to the effect that if you like the team the chant is the best, if you hate the team their chant is the worst. That's about right.

The only time I disagree with that logic is when Orioles' fans disgrace the National Anthem by screaming "O" near the end. That is an embarassment to us all.

Phantom - I agree with paragraph 1 (I was the one who made the original post you refer to). Regarding paragraph 2, I am an O's fan, so..... I refer you to paragraph 1. :)

On a side note, one of my all time favorites is being at Beaver Stadium in State College, PA with 50,000+ screaming "WE ARE" and the other 50,000+ screaming back "PENN STATE". Just awesome!! They do that like 3-4 times and then one half screams "THANK YOU" and the other half answers "YOU'RE WELCOME!"

I remember hearing that at Byrd Stadium when U of MD used to play Penn State every year. It still makes me cringe.:puke:

I would love to have a shot at Joe Pa's boys this year!

Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi! Tech, Tech, VPI ... So give a Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi, Rae, Ri, old V.P.I

I mean - what happended to "Gobblers" - a non-sense word from a fight song (or better, a weird reference to male anatomy) is now your team name? :D.

Best chant, imho...

Left Field bleacher bums at Pac Bell Park, "Whats tha matter with *insert left fielder's name"? HE"S A BUM!".

Cracks me up everytime - and you can usually here in on TV.

Originally posted by Tom [Giants fan]

Philadelphia fans spelling out E-A-G-L-E-S and saying it. I guess we have to cut them a break, it is the only thing they can spell.

...hey, at least we get the whole word out..... they had to shorten Giants to Gmen for your fans... ;)

Step off!!! The warchant is awesome, thats why others steal it. Not only can you shake a stadium with the noise but the onslaught of chopping forearms can rattle opponents just as much. You 'Nole haters just stick to spelling out words or singing about your school colors.... Fear the Spear!

If the Redskins fans were to use the War Chant, the Native Americans would sream from now 'til...............forever! #1 I'm not a FSU fan #2 I think it is a cool cheer #3 I like HTTR, but wouldn't mind adding it too. All it takes is a section to start doing it. If the Redskins encouraged it by playing the music.....hmmm

Originally posted by WallyG3

I hate how everyone yells whenever a player with and "oooo" sound in their name touches the ball. Even if they suck.

For Example:

"Bruuuuuuuuce" or "Duuuuuuuuce"

It sounds like the crowd is booing, instead of honoring them.

Man I miss Mookie Wilson......

"What ever did it, mirrors, magic wands, whatever....all that counts is that we won the ballgame." - refelecting on game 6 of the 1986 World Series. Miracle Mets vs BoSox.

Archived