Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anybody think big Tre will give it another go?

Big TRE!

I keep forgetting about him, man. I remember "the days" when Stephen Davis cut his chops with Tre pushing defenders down. I would feel VERY confident in a situation where he comes in for one down at a time, spelling others. That would reduce stress on his knees and if you have to rest a starter, who better than Tre Johnson to go in wearing a Redskin jersey?

Is he THAT banged up? I thought his weight was more of a problem for him.

:point2sky

TomGiantsfan said:

Well, it would allow Gibbs to run the Counter "Tre"!

Took the words out of my mouth! :laugh:

I think Tre's done. Maybe its just me, but apparently his bone structure aint jiving with the fleshy part or something, but then again, maybe just bad karma back then with all the other crap.

The worst that can happen is he'd a "temporary" fellow Dirtbag with the master of pigpen action, Joe Bugel. Buges and Breaux would have a gem, if he stayed healthy, even if for a couple of years. With Buges and a healthy season, he'd be very close to a Pro Bowler.

we have a lot of depth right now on the line, as well as 3 studs in Samuels, Thomas, and Jansen, as well as 2 proven guys in Raymer and Friedman at Center, and a rising guard in Dockery. Then we have people like K. Jones, Molinaro and Wilson, Terrel, plus a few more I cant name right now. Johnson isnt really needed for depth. I remember though back in the 2002 season suddenly seeing him and was like 'whoa, hes back, awesome", too bad he just got cut before the 2003 season, I liked the dude.

Originally posted by Hobo

we have a lot of depth right now on the line, as well as 3 studs in Samuels, Thomas, and Jansen, as well as 2 proven guys in Raymer and Friedman at Center, and a rising guard in Dockery. Then we have people like K. Jones, Molinaro and Wilson, Terrel, plus a few more I cant name right now. Johnson isnt really needed for depth. I remember though back in the 2002 season suddenly seeing him and was like 'whoa, hes back, awesome", too bad he just got cut before the 2003 season, I liked the dude.

exactly.

Even if he was 100%, I think that he'd be no better than a practice squad player at this time.

Too bad, cos he was one of my favorite players on the Skins late 90's/early 00's squads.

Done? Hmm, maybe, maybe not. He'll try to give it another go I would imagine, though I doubt it will be with us. Who knows though. It would be nice, we owe him that much...

I thought he did ok coming in after a few games, getting somewhat back into playing shape and playing halfway decent for us. I just hope for his sake that he's been stayig in shape and hitting the weights.

Originally posted by IAMBG

I thought he did ok coming in after a few games, getting somewhat back into playing shape and playing halfway decent for us. I just hope for his sake that he's been stayig in shape and hitting the weights.

I saw him at my gym in Germantown a few times not too long ago. Mostly, he was riding a stationary bike, but I saw him talking to some guy- apparently after he did some bench...wonder what he puts up? He didn't look fat or anything. I'd love to see him out there if he can go.

My dad used to go to Landin up in D.C. and it turns out big Tre' is working as the head track coach there accoring to a pamphlet the school sent out. Haha, Tre Johnson a track coach? Can that be right?

He must coach the javelin or shot put, something track-related that doesn't involve running.

Tre was one of my favorite Redskins when he played with us, but those injuries were so frustrating. He had one healthy season in '99, and that was the year he made the Pro Bowl. At this point, I don't think his body can take the beating that a linemen would take during a season. Damn shame though.

Originally posted by IAMBG

Saw him at Gold's a little over a year ago before he got cut. He looked decent and not fat or anything, but it's the injury bug that bothers me. Once he caught it, he never really got rid of it and his performance wasn't the same. Seems like a nice guy. I didn't even have say hi to him... just looked over at him walking down the stairs and he said "Hey, how you doin'... " :logo:

Nick

Wouldn't hurt to give him a look in training camp to see what kind of shape he's in. If he's in shape, then sigining him to the minimum wouldn't be a bad deal. He's veteran who knows the ropes and might still have it. Tre loves to eat though.

Archived