Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is anyone else concerned about Coles' injury?

cscmtp

Hi everyone. This is my first post here. I'm a HUGE Skins fan, have been since the '83 Super Bowl. I am also a huge FF fan. In my dynasty league, i traded for Portis last month, and now would love to get Coles. But my question is, should we be worried about Coles injury? I heard that he was not at 100% during the mini-camps, and if I recall correctly, didn't he opt to NOT have surgery and just rest after last year? It sounds like that didn't work, and now I wonder if he may have problems this year. Does anyone have any specific news/insite to his injury?

This is a hard question to ask without us Skins fans being bias, but would some of you trade K-Rob and the 15th pick in a dynasty rookie draft to get Coles and Fargas?

Yes, cscmtp. I'M scared. You would think an entire offseason is enough time to heal. If it isn't then it must be a bad, nagging injury. These guys get the best doctors, surgery, treatment, and therapy. So if a guy STILL has pain, it's scary. The question is- can he or how LONG can he play well with it?

Originally posted by skins0128

I saw a Gibbs interview where he stated that they have fitted Coles with shoe insert which has helped ease the pain is his foot some. Gibbs also stated that with additional rest, he should be ready to go by camp.

that is great news! thanks so much. So assuming he will recover just fine, would any FF experts out there recommend I make this trade to get Coles? Thanks!

Originally posted by cscmtp

that is great news! thanks so much. So assuming he will recover just fine, would any FF experts out there recommend I make this trade to get Coles? Thanks!

Oh trust me I am quite leary about his situation. A full offseason should be sufficient time to heal an injury.

I guess it would depend on what you are giving up to get Coles...whether or not it would be worth making a trade for him.

If it really does stand for Koren, I make this deal in a heartbeat. Koren was something of a dissapointment last year...and I still think when push comes to shove...Hassleback feels more comfortable with Jackson. Both of them drop a lot of passes, but Jackson gets more consistent #'s (I had him on my team last year), while Koren has a huge game every once in awhile then dissapears.

Coles, will be healthy enough I think to be a number one WR. So if you can get a #1 WR and a RB for one WR, I'd say the deal looks pretty good. Then add in the fact that if Coles is back to form at any point during the season he alone will be a better WR than Koren.

I love Coles. I really do. But stay away. You already have a solid runningback. So you need a #1 receiver. You should be able to get that with the #15 pick of the first round.

I'm sure Coles will play the majority of the season.... but he's going to miss some games. And never scores a lot of TDs. Don't let the B&G glasses prohibit you from winning FFL :)

Originally posted by Tom [Giants fan]

I think what should also worry you is, if Coles really has a problem with his foot, the 20 lbs. he has gained in muscle can't help. This sounds like David Boston II. I know it won't be but he is having foot problems and is putting on muscle weight. That isn't a good combination.

Whoa, slow down Tom. Coles never gained 20 lbs. Thought I cleared that up the last pm I sent you. Coles is right around 200 lbs. right now.

well guys I hope Coles is okay. I just made the trade, but i think its even better now. I traded K-Rob, Wayne, and my 15th pick in the rookie draft for Coles, Fargas, and the 8th pick.

That leaves me with this group in my dynasty league:

Brooks (Harrington backup)

McAllister

Portis

Cole

Chambers

Wayne

Price

and the 8th pick to hopefully get a nice RB, WR, or KWII...did i do good?

well guys I hope Coles is okay. I just made the trade, but i think its even better now. I traded K-Rob, Wayne, and my 15th pick in the rookie draft for Coles, Fargas, and the 8th pick.

That leaves me with this group in my dynasty league:

Brooks (Harrington backup)

McAllister

Portis

Cole

Chambers

Wayne

Price

and the 8th pick to hopefully get a nice RB, WR, or KWII...did i do good?

Dude, no offense, but if the only reason you care about Coles' toe is cause of stupid fantasy football, then you don't deserve a reply on this message board.

first, please NEVER doubt my love for the Skins. I have watched nearly EVERY game since I was 13 years old (i'm 33 now) I hardly think my love for FF has tainted my love for the Skins. If anything, FF makes you love the NFL (and your favorite team) EVEN MORE.

Regardless of the injury, Coles will play through and until it markedly affects his productivity, Im not worried. Everyone in the NFL has to play through pain, Coles is a professional and the best judge as to whether or not its hindering enough to take further action.

Hail Skins.

first, please NEVER doubt my love for the Skins. I have watched nearly EVERY game since I was 13 years old (i'm 33 now) I hardly think my love for FF has tainted my love for the Skins. If anything, FF makes you love the NFL (and your favorite team) EVEN MORE.

hehe, okay man, sorry bout that. It's just that sometimes these FF people could care less about the actual person, and just his productivity in terms of FF stats. I mean, you can't quantify Cole's touchdown (and probably game saving) fumble in the endzone last year, or his heart and dedication. Anyway, I hear they have a nice orthotic for his shoe, hopefully that will ease pain, and prevent any more injury.

Archived