Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's play "what if"?

Oldskool

Have to try to trade down HARD. But, if that seems less likely, you have to move Ramsey for a pick and take Big Ben or move Gardner for a pick and take Fitzgerald. In this case you might even have to reach for defensive line help.

Originally posted by Jimbo

Accept trade offers for Fitzgerald. If we don't get an offer that keeps us in the top 12 then we take Fitz.

Close - but don't try to trade. Take Fitzgerald and gloat. "This is the guy we wanted."

Other teams will come calling. I love Miami's RFA DL and their next year's 1st round.

Trust me - we will get calls about Gardner and Fitzgerald.

Why are so many of you guys so quick to trade Fitz ?

Pick Big Ben or Fitz and Trade Ramsey or Gardner.

Or the obvious trade down

You either pick up a QB,WR with a fairly easy to deal with cap for the next 3 years. or You deal with a WR, QB who will demand a High salary in the next couple of years.

JMO.

A lot of quality left on the board in that scenario. It will be hard to pass on Big Ben or Fitz. Ramsey didn’t do enough to quiet his agent when Brunell came in which showed a huge lack of team spirit. After the pounding he took last year he may have said to himself “rain on it” and decided to go somewhere else that would protect him a little better. Who would blame him? Even so, I’d take Ben and deal Ramsey as the first option. Second option would be to take Fitz and deal Gardner. Third option, deal down.

Basically the same take as some of the other posters here.

The question was, "who would you draft."

With that being the case I would take WR Larry Fitzgerald and try and trade Gardner for a pick.

I don't believe you can trade a drafted player during the actual draft so we can't pick him and then trade him for other picks while the draft is going on.

In my mind there are 6 or 7 elite prospects in this draft and then a huge dropoff to the second tier. So with that said I'd either take Fitzgerald or try to trade down as far as possible while getting as many picks as you can. I think there is very little difference between the guys available in the mid 20's and the players likely available at #8.

Archived