Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(Merged 1003x) Redskins.com launches new website

wwninja420

Originally posted by redskns56

It works in Opera and Netscape for me. Is there a setting in Mozilla to tell the site to identify it as IE? I have that set in Opera and the site came up just fine. Couldn't find a setting like that in Netscape but it did work just the same. What OS are you using?

Yo 56! Thanks for refreshing my memory on that, I meant to change user agents in Safari, but I got sidetracked ... I just tried it, and it works!

BTW, Manic you're exactly right! Tabbed browsing is the best thing to happen to web surfing since broadband! I can't live without my Tabs. And Pop-up blockers are really effective.

Sigh. Well, on the one hand we've all been yelling for an update and update they did. So for that, kudos. It does look good and it's certainly an improvement. On the other hand, I guess I just expect better from an organization that strives to be the best in everything it does. Oh well. Not that I'd spend too much time over there anyway. This here is the best site going and it already outclasses just about everything the NFL puts out. So there. ;)

In all my earlier bashing of it, I forgot to mention that they did a good job to extend the content on the site. I did find it perplexing that they told me to check back during the season for the official depth chart as it was unavailable during the offseason. Kind of strange I thought. All in all, the content was expanded and that is a good thing.

Originally posted by Sweet Sassy Molassy

Manic, I know what you're talking about. I'm using Safari on a Mac (Safari is using a similar rendering engine as Mozilla), and I had to launch IE just to get to the site. I've already sent an email to them telling them what was up. Hopefully, they keep it in mind. I'd hate to have to open Internet Explorer just to go to Redskins.com, IE sucks. At least Extremeskins doesn't give me any trouble.

Really? I'm using Safari as well, and the site works perfectly for me. What version of Safari are you using?

I was very surprised when I went to it and saw the change. I thought I went to a different website or some sh*t! Still all that website sees is *ss because this is the best Skins site Iv'e ever seen. They are far behind in quality and quantity.

ass%20statue.jpg

Originally posted by Bufford 3.0

The official site is much improved. Hopefully this is just a stepping off point.

yeah, thats my inspiration. I think that so long as they got it started, it shows that they know that their last sight was horrible adn are willing to change it. I just hope that they keep up and aren't this slow at improving it in the future.

Originally posted by Zen-like Todd

Really? I'm using Safari as well, and the site works perfectly for me. What version of Safari are you using?

Todd, I'm using version 1.2.1. I actually set my user agent to Konqueror 3, which is Safari's native engine. Ironically it works fine! I must have had it set to the wrong agent.

Archived