Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(Merged 1003x) Redskins.com launches new website

wwninja420

Originally posted by Die Hard

FTR, it's the same webdesign company that did the Eagles, 49ers and Raiders. That's why it's so generic.

I did know that from your earlier post. I don't really like the fact that they just user the same general template and move a few menus around here and there and call it a "Different" site. That is the source of my disappointment here. Although it has a good general layout, I'd still prefer it to be original.

Especially at the price I'm sure that they paid for the design. The could have used somebody like 2Advanced or something and it would have at least been different and been just as functional if not better. Probably wouldn't have cost much more either.

Originally posted by redskns56

Especially at the price I'm sure that they paid for the design. The could have used somebody like 2Advanced or something and it would have at least been different and been just as functional if not better. Probably wouldn't have cost much more either.

Shhhh :) Gary got what Gary asked for. It's on the person who runs the site to do his homework. But it looks like he just decided to copy someone else's.

And I'll say this... I'm glad he did :)

The site looks like warmed over arse to me. What a retched site. Yeah the wallpapers are nice but we have posters here that do a better job then that.

I really don’t understand how an owner, who spends freely to make any improvements needed for his team can have a website that is the worst quality of all 32 NFL teams. It’s a laughing stock :doh:

If Snyder truly cared about the site, he would have paid Die Hard and Blade a good chunk of change to merge this site with Redskins.com and have them run the message board/news portion of it ;)

Originally posted by Oldskool

The site looks like warmed over arse to me. What a retched site. Yeah the wallpapers are nice but we have posters here that do a better job then that.

I really don’t understand how an owner, who spends freely to make any improvements needed for his team can have a website that is the worst quality of all 32 NFL teams. It’s a laughing stock :doh:

If Snyder truly cared about the site, he would have paid Die Hard and Blade a good chunk of change to merge this site with Redskins.com and have them run the message board/news portion of it ;)

I hate to say that I disagree with you, Oldskool, but there are other two sites that absolutely look more butt-ugly than either the old or the new design. Have you seen the Bengals site lately? http://www.bengals.com/ Now THAT is an ugly, poorly designed site. Or the Cowboys' site? http://www.dallascowboys.com/ Besides the fact that it's the Cowboys, the site is way way way too busy and hurts the eyes. :doh:

The thing that gets me is that Snyder Communications was a marketing company - this is how he made his money - and this is the type of design for the site that he deemed worthy of representing the site that distinguishes them from the competition? It looks like 25 of the other teams' sites...at least the old design was distinctive by the fact that it was...well...simpler and less polished.

Manic, I know what you're talking about. I'm using Safari on a Mac (Safari is using a similar rendering engine as Mozilla), and I had to launch IE just to get to the site. I've already sent an email to them telling them what was up. Hopefully, they keep it in mind. I'd hate to have to open Internet Explorer just to go to Redskins.com, IE sucks. At least Extremeskins doesn't give me any trouble.

Originally posted by Sweet Sassy Molassy

Manic, I know what you're talking about. I'm using Safari on a Mac (Safari is using a similar rendering engine as Mozilla), and I had to launch IE just to get to the site. I've already sent an email to them telling them what was up. Hopefully, they keep it in mind. I'd hate to have to open Internet Explorer just to go to Redskins.com, IE sucks. At least Extremeskins doesn't give me any trouble.

I just love mozillas tabbed browsing and pop up blocker...... damn youz IE!!!!!

It works in Opera and Netscape for me. Is there a setting in Mozilla to tell the site to identify it as IE? I have that set in Opera and the site came up just fine. Couldn't find a setting like that in Netscape but it did work just the same. What OS are you using?

Originally posted by redskns56

It works in Opera and Netscape for me. Is there a setting in Mozilla to tell the site to identify it as IE? I have that set in Opera and the site came up just fine. Couldn't find a setting like that in Netscape but it did work just the same. What OS are you using?

I dont have an issue viewing the site with firefox at all.

Archived