Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Phil Mickelson

semiskin

What an ending.... Ole' Lefty just threw a dart (lipped the cup) and ended it right there. Great win for him..... what a way to win your first major.

I thought the same thing... CBS is loving it.... no Tiger (which was refreshing) and a duel down the stretch between Els and Mickleson.

Great Golf!!!

Originally posted by Cskin

I thought the same thing... CBS is loving it.... no Tiger (which was refreshing) and a duel down the stretch between Els and Mickleson.

I bet CBS would be loving it more if they could have thrown some ads in there somewhere.

Originally posted by jbooma

Phil is happy he won because now he doesn't have to worry about that whiff he had in the sand on the first 9 :laugh:

:laugh: God I forgot all about that, I thought that was the beginning of the end for Phil.

Great way to win, espically after he missed the 3 footer on the front 9. To win by making birdies on 5 of the last 7, including 18 was definately in an unchoking fashion.

Did anyone else notice he looked different on the course today? I mean he was smiling an awful lot and he seemed a lot looser than I've ever seen him.

Originally posted by chomerics

Did anyone else notice he looked different on the course today? I mean he was smiling an awful lot and he seemed a lot looser than I've ever seen him.

Thats because Tiger was not around lurking on the leaderboard :laugh:

Guest Matt Kyriacou

I am a little surprised that it hasn't been mentioned and I hate to risk getting a little too "touchy-feely", but anybody remember the the embrace/interaction between "Lefty" and Payne Stewart a few years back at the U.S. Open.

I was very close to weeping openly with that thought in my head.

Originally posted by Matt Kyriacou

I am a little surprised that it hasn't been mentioned and I hate to risk getting a little too "touchy-feely", but anybody remember the the embrace/interaction between "Lefty" and Payne Stewart a few years back at the U.S. Open.

I was very close to weeping openly with that thought in my head.

I thought about that moment too when he picked up his daughter. I remember Payne Stewart said something regarding the birth of his first child after Payne won that year.

This saddest part for me was watching Arnold Palmer get teary eyed while he was on the course and he knew he only had a few more wholes to play.

I couldn't be happier, it was great to see Lefty win a major. He is a class act.

I wonder if Phil thought about what Payne Stewart told him when they embraced at the US Open. I know it was something to the effect that majors would come for him, but he was about to experience a greater thing in birth of his first child. Then few months later Payne died in the crash.

You could see when that putt dropped the weight of the world was lifted off his shoulders.

And that putt ....how ironic that was! It wasn't center cut, but hit the left edge and made a right turn seemed to use the whole cup before falling.

Archived