Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best Male Voice in our lifetime

Luca Brasi

Ok, so I've had a few.

I'd like to hear everyone's opinions regarding the best male vocalist of our lifetimes. Of course, with the many varying age groups that post on the board, I would suppose we'll hear some differing thoughts.

I personally believe that Frank Sinatra had the best voice that ever graced the airwares. I have countless tracks to back my position. But I would love to hear some different opinions, especially from the older guys on the board.

Thoughts?

OK

Let me throw you guys a curveball here.

Prince.

Can do the "Rock" sound, the "techno" sound, the "RnB" sound and has a true falsetto.

What's more, his voice actually sounds like a guitar on some of his songs.

Can do deep or high, romantic, sexified, humorous(which often goes with sex) and spiritual.

I don't know much about his newer stuff. I'm talking about Emancipation(1996?) and before that.

With all the modern recording and sound enhancement technology it's getting harder to tell who can really sing anymore.

For my money, Elvis was one of the best ever. He sang rock, country, and gospel in his style and sounded great doing each. And, since we're asked to pick only one, I'd pick him.

But if you wanted a small list, I would also mention these guys.

Ray Charles

Frank Sinatra

George Jones

Smokey Robinson

Vince Gill

Merle Haggard

Marvin Gaye

Marty Robbins

Otis Redding

Guest 979guy

I like the less-refined voice of Bono.

Also like Chris Martin's voice from Coldpaly, or think George Michael's is good, although I wouldn't categorize both under the "our lifetime" category...

Archived