Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

GangGreens Reaction to Winfeild loss

Renegade7

This is sooo sad, but it makes my happy becuase i hate that little prick NYC.

http://forums.theganggreen.com/index.php?showtopic=16941&st=0

i don't know how long it is,but its an interestingly entertaining read. It isn't until about page 5 they finally get the news that Winfeild went to the Vikings.. I saw this post a lil while through. I'll let it speak for itself.

QUOTE (nyj4ever @ Mar 4 2004, 09:53 PM)

Coles is a top 5 receiver in the NFL, no doubt. Don't kid yourself because he no longer plays for gang green.

Coles is ONLY a top 5 reciever...when he has someone to throw to him. Last year he didn't have that. This year we will see. I did mis Coles last year...but Moss also put up same/better numbers...and who thought he would ever get that chance with Coles around?

There are 6 WR in the 2004 DRAFT BETTER THAN COLES. Let alone 20 guys in the NFL... Jesus, Coles is not that good. Route running is suspect, and he doesn't get into the end zone...

L. Fitzgerald, M. Williams, Re. Williams, Ro. Williams, R. Woods, AND M. Clayton are all better and they can be drafted THIS YEAR...

I'm tired of this Coles is a top 5 receiver BS.

Off the top of my head, in no particular order, these WR are better right now

A. Toomer

R. Moss

C. Rogers (Detroit, if Healthy)

M. Booker

T. Owens

P. Price

J. Horn

I. Bruce

T. Holt

C. Chambers (6'4)

S. Moss

C. Johnson

H. Ward

P. Burress

A. Johnson (Houston)

M. Harrison

J. Smith (Jacksonville)

D. Mason

D. Boston

You can dispute some of the players in this list, BUT there are 19 on the list and this is off the top of my head!!

18 pages and counting. jeez.

:jetssuck:

------------------------------

0-16, 19-0, skins fan till i die!!!

Here's the funniest part of the whole thing. If you put LC back in green and white, these dudes from ganggreen would immediately say that LC is amongst the elite WRs in the league. It's part of their self-fulfilling prophecy. They are just trying to convince themselves that LC wasn't that good, simply because they haven't figured out how to replace him yet. As if Curtis Conway was really going to fill LC's shoes in New York. :laugh:

Originally posted by TC4

Someone needs to remind those Jets morons that Coles had 82 catches for 1204 yards and 6 TDs

Oh wait, that's right, I forgot, I am a member of the GangGreen message board :D

U definetly have u're work cut out for ya TC. :laugh:

------------------------

0-16, 19-0, skins fan till i die!!!

don't forget that coles production went south as soon as the team as a whole went south, largely because spurrier sucked, and though he might deny it, from week 4 on virtually every defensive coordinator had figured out his system

take coles and put him in a legitimate system and watch out - coles was like the #1 receiver in total yards for the whole NFL for the first quarter of the season

Originally posted by kingchris626

Coles is the man...if he was a little taller he would be the best back in the league...

id agree with you, he has the intangables, but i think his "speed" is a little overrated for someone who was constantly caught from behind by linebackers in a jets uniform

hes still a top 10 WR in this league and it sucks to see him in a redskins uniform

as for winfield, its wrong to say youre gonna sign then leave to go elsewheres, once you have the verbal commitment it should be mandatory you follow through with it, but im sure the jets have a good backup plan(or at least i hope so)

Coles is sooo overrated... especially for making the Pro Bowl for the first time in a burgeoning career.. and for hauling down 82 catches and 1200+ yards even with Ramsey dying on the field and Hasselback throwing to the other teams' defensive backs.

Originally posted by Dan T. aka Dan g slice

I hope he comes into camp healthy. There was concern last season that his turf toe could become a chronic problem. Hope it's cleared up in the offseason.

...If by "turf toe" you mean "fracture". Spurrier really covered injuries up (Ramsey, Coles). And it shouldn't be chronic, since it isn't turf toe.... if he just didn't play the year it should have probably been fine.

ramsey, i never said COLES was overrated, i said his speed was, he has the intangeables that make him a great wide reciever, but he doesnt have the blazing speed that people claim he has in my opinion, i said the same thing when he was a jet

but i guess any bad talk about the skins would lead to automatic bashing on this board ;)

Originally posted by Abraham94

ramsey, i never said COLES was overrated, i said his speed was, he has the intangeables that make him a great wide reciever, but he doesnt have the blazing speed that people claim he has in my opinion, i said the same thing when he was a jet

but i guess any bad talk about the skins would lead to automatic bashing on this board ;)

Umm, was I talking to you? I was responding to the original post which displayed some Jet fan's "insight" that had nothing to do with Coles' speed.. unless that was you. Or you could be the one voice of all moronic Jet fans who say Coles is overrated.

Didn't realize that truth = bashing.

Originally posted by Abraham94

Certainly Coles has speed by any measurable method of assessment. He also certainly appeared remarkably fast on the field for us before his toe slowed him and slowed him rather obviously. But, when he was healthy, what struck Redskin fans was that he seemed nearly uncoverable much of the time, and he simply didn't appear to be someone you could catch.

He was caught as the year wore on and he was hindered by the toe. But, knowing how fast he times as well as how fast he seems to play, I don't think you'll get bashed for saying something bad about a Redskin. You'll just get bashed for saying something that appears to be false when you say it about a Redskin.

Archived