Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

11 minutes ago, CommDownMan said:

Commanders having a higher SOS remaining means the gap will widen and the Bears will definitively have the tie breaker.  Easier schedule means they were the 'worse' team of the 2 and get the higher pick.  Seems like Ben is suggesting it's helpful to have the harder schedule and if thats the case he is wrong on that as well. 

Maybe he means that Chicago has a better chance of winning some games down the final stretch because their schedule is weaker 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Maybe he means that Chicago has a better chance of winning some games down the final stretch because their schedule is weaker 🤷‍♂️

Absolutely.   It helps out chances of them winning,  just not tiebreaker.   He may very well may be saying that,  I didn't read it that way.   

Edited by CommDownMan

2 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

We’ll want Chicago and New York and Arizona to win as much as possible; just in case.  Only game we might win is the Jets; though Aaron is targeting that game for a return.

I only want 2 bear wins.   Enough to have commanders jump in the first, but keep the best 2nd we can still get. 

Edit: I mean 2 wins. 

Edited by CommDownMan
  • Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

Sorry boys, turned 74  few weeks ago and losing my slang vocabulary along with most everything else. Prob should change my handle to 65 yrSKINSfan

Oh. Sorry to hear that. Yeah, getting old sucks. I have to keep up with some of the new slangs my kids use these days. Good thing there is google lol

On 11/24/2023 at 6:37 AM, Renegade7 said:

Burrow has had two season ending injuries already in his career, so you tell me...

The Bengals have the best WR in the league and have been a super caliber team in no small part because of Burrow to Chase. They were nothing before Burrow to Chase, they will be something again. I think OL is critical too, but OL is the best position to hit through around pick 120 pretty consistently, and the FA class isn't horrible either. We need to be flexible:

Take the best player on the board that plays QB, OT, WR, DL, or Corner with any pick inside the top 10. I would drop DL and Corner simply because the franchise has ignored the offense entirely during this regime with top end assets other than the Dotson mega reach back in '22. 

But that's really the way to handle it. If you trade down, you can add Safety, and Guard as positions worth targeting. Do not consider LB, unless you're beyond the top 20, do not consider Center until late round 1/early round 2. 

10 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

If we don't go after a QB and Marvin Harrison Jr is there, do we pick him? 

I would trade down. We still need players to protect the QB so he can throw to these types of WRs. You give Howell time he will get the ball in the hands of Terry and Dotson on regular basis.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

On 11/24/2023 at 8:44 AM, Warhead36 said:

If our FO truly believes Alt or any other LT is a better prospect than Harrison jr then take him.

Just dont give up talent and value to reach for a need. Thats how you end up with the disaster of last years class. 

Let me say, I don't think its particularly relevant because I don't think we'll pick quite high enough to get Harrison Jr, but it needs to be mentioned: we built a great OL in 1999, and against last decade with All Pro pieces surrounded by solid options, and it meant ---- all. You actually have to have talent, to have the quality of your OL matter. It's basically a snake eating its own tail kind of scenario. You aren't going to be able to build a sustainable offense without an OL, but you are also going to have a ---- offense even if you do have a quality OL if you don't have legit weapons. Samuels and Jansen manned the trenches for a decade and the team was total ---- for that decade. Later Trent Williams was added, and Scherff came along and it also was utterly meaningless. 

You need both. If the WR is a better tiered prospect, you take the WR, just like you take the QB if you are in position, if the OL is the better tiered prospect take the OL. There are many ways to address holes: FA, Trades, and the draft, spending habits and positional draft value help provide the path, and you're tiering should do the rest. The rest is up to luck, and diligent background checks and mental make up review etc. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On 11/24/2023 at 8:47 AM, Warhead36 said:

Id value WR more because one great WR can completely change a game. Your OL can still

suck with one great LT. 

i wouldnt cry if we took a LT, but passing up on Harrison jr is something well look back on in a couple years and scream WHY!? 

True enough, to be fixed, the OL needs to be addressed with some combination of multiple top 120 picks and/or top priority free agent spending. Simple as that. There are lots of ways to do it. Harrison definitely seems like a more worthwhile target than the OL's, but I also don't think he's likely to fall to us. We would have to lose every remaining game left on the schedule to even have a chance, more than likely, and we probably can pull off 1-2 more wins (hoping just 1). We'll see. 

On 11/24/2023 at 8:45 AM, MrJL said:

LT is also a premium position. In fact it is frequently higher than WR

I think the top end of round 1 should be about QB, OT, WR, DL, DB

After the blue chip zone, you can add TE, OG, Safeties, towards the end of round 1 you can add LB's etc. 

It's not hard and fast, but teams should consider FA cost the RB age cliff etc in terms of how to utilize top draft capital.

I don't think it's a case of "those OT's are more important than WR's", well, yes and no. Elite OT's are, the old Al Davis argument, I think was QB, OT, DE, DB? I think it was that, but if you're getting a solid OT, or an All Pro WR? Give me the WR, and I'll find a "good" OT in free agency or mining the draft. 

On 11/24/2023 at 8:58 AM, Warhead36 said:

I mean Young was an impact player. DRoY, and this year balling out. Unfortunately he got hurt but it wasnt like we effed up taking him. Obviously shoulda taken a QB though. 

The problem was always that both a large portion of the fan base, and the front office never seemed to understand this "obvious" reality that some of us clearly did. Why they didn't is a problem, and is also part of the reason these guys will be heaved out the door after the season. The fact that they repeatedly could not understand this, investing all of just a 5th rounder and pennies in FA at the position, and day 2 draft capital for a confirmed bust with major leadership issues and two bridges burned behind him is the fact that underlines why hiring a F.O. that isn't that stupid will be critical to the future. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1