Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread 2023: SUPER BOWL LVIII (58) ~ Chiefs vs. 49ers

zCommander

1 minute ago, BleedBNG said:

The secondary played a perfect stop in the end zone 👍 If they can get in one more FG then I can relax. Remember Buffalo

LV has played this game perfectly, capitalized on turnovers and not made the killer mistakes offensively 

• Thumb up 1

21 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Their D line is very well coached

Always loved  pierce here and hated when he went to giants and was great there. I hope he gets an extended crack at hc. Don't have a strong take on his ceiling or floor in that role but think he deserves a crack at it.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Winning football teams run the football, well.

Even during off season It looked like that this would be one of the chiefs most challenging seasons in recent years. Even their superstars look mortal and that's one of the beauties of this game.

And as time has moved on the days of those teams like the cowboys, steelers, 49ers, who could really dominate through a season to deep in playoffs and all the way to sbs, for a chunk of years, look like more a thing of the past. KC has been the big noise but the idea of them getting three or four rings in six to eight years looks questionable, and they're the closest to that sort of dominance.

Which again makes me appreciate the belichick/brady dominance over an even longer stretch and during the more modern era (even with the long stretch  they had of no sbs during their dynasty run)

True dynasties like the ones above are harder and harder to come by now.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Pierce tearing up.  Good for him.  Players really like playing for him and here's hoping he gets the gig on a permanent basis

They had an interim 2 years ago who made it to the playoffs and then the dumb butts hired Mr. Patriot Way, and he screwed everything up. 

I wonder if Mr. Bad Haircut (I mean, seriously, who would KNOWINGLY get that haircut) makes the same mistake twice or just gives it to the guy who's doing a really good job. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Philly gong to wipe the floor with the Giants which a is a further indictment of this coaching staff

I think we have reached critical mass on indictments of this coaching staff.  

I think we’re basically at the point of convictions at this point.  

Just now, skinsmarydu said:

The Giants' punter is turrible.

What exactly was that?  That was like William and Mary punter bad.  

• Haha 2
  • Thumb up 2