Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread 2023: SUPER BOWL LVIII (58) ~ Chiefs vs. 49ers

zCommander

I thought about the play call again last night.  I’m more convinced than ever it was a fine call. 

It really looked as though they saw something on film, designed a play to take advantage of it, got the look they wanted, and had a guy wide open for an easy completion.

Anything good or bad can happen on any play.  You can miss a handoff, RB slips, OL gets blown up, etc etc etc.

If you have a play that absolutely works, gets a guy open in the timing of the play and you just miss the throw/catch AND it should be a routine 95% completion pass in NFL, that’s just bad execution.

If the dialed up some bizarre deep shot, long developing play, trick play, whatever, or if the play design didn’t get the primary read open immediately, I’d say it was a bad play call.

But they did none of those things.  They got a back leaking into the flat wide open with nobody around him with a clean pocket on a 3 step drop, an open throwing lane and immediate first down. 

You’ve just got to complete that pass in the NFL.  Both QB and Receiver are at fault. Wasn’t a perfect throw but he got 2 hands on it and you’ve got to catch it. 

• Thumb up 1

Of all the asinine rules in the nfl that has to be the most asinine. 

You committ a personal foul after getting a first down they back you up 15 yards and it's first and ten but if you commit the same foul on any other down it backs you up 15 yards against the chains as well.

2 minutes ago, AlwaysBeRedskins2Me said:

Right, but those games are irrelevant if the Jets and Washington lose.

Right, if the Patriots win they have 4 wins and nothing else matters.  

If we win we’re screwed.  

The SOS stuff only comes into play if the Patriots and Washington both lose and end up at 4-13.

7 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Right, if the Patriots win they have 4 wins and nothing else matters.  

If we win we’re screwed.  

The SOS stuff only comes into play if the Patriots and Washington both lose and end up at 4-13.

Yep. Starting to look like New England is gonna let us down 😥

Just now, Simmsy said:

Its been floated that Ron wants to win, what happens to our number if we win?

I heard it would put us around #6