3. Los Angeles

4. Arizona

NFC Champ: San Francisco over Philadelphia

AFC East 

1. Buffalo

2. Miami*

3. New England

4. NY Jets

(Note: In the magazine they have the Dolphins tied for 1st but list the 4th Jets as a wild card. I think that's a misprint and Dolphins should be the wild card instead of Jets.)

AFC North

1. Baltimore

2. Cincinnati*

3. Cleveland

4. Pittsburgh

AFC South

1. Jacksonville

2. Houston

3. Tennessee

4. Indianapolis

AFC West

1. Kansas City

2. Los Angeles Chargers*

3. Denver

4. Las Vegas

AFC Champ: Buffalo over Kansas City

Superbowl 58: San Francisco over Buffalo

• 2 weeks later...

Would be excellent for the Eagles to do the typical SB loser thing and totally miss the paloffs. There is still the fact that no team has won the division twice in a row in over 20 years. Washington is pretty much due for their once in a decade division championship but I would be very surprised if it happens. More likely that the Cowturds win it. If the Giants don't get Barkley signed they could bottom out again. 

II haven't really been paying a lot of attention to team rosters enough to make any league wide predictions but if I was going to bet on anybody it'd be the Bengals and Burrow finally getting a SB win. 

5 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

Hopefully Barkley doesn't play. Jones was garbage whenever Barkley missed games but they paid him 40M and left Barkley hanging.

Yeah, the cowgirls might lose Pollard for the season as well.

Pollard and Barkley aren't getting the LTD they want. Each will need to make up their mind whether to play on the one year deal offer. Evidently neither team spiced up that offering.

I say Pollard plays, Jerry might spice up the offer slightly. I could see Barkley waiting this out. Or is that just me wishing one of my prayers being answered :ols:

I heard that the Gnats offered Barkley 14+ a year and he turned it down so he must be trying to get McCaffery money, which isn't totally unreasonable but he was injured quite a bit until last year. Hopefully he pulls an Emmitt Smith and they start 0-2 and then end up paying him what he wants or close to it. 

Pollard signed his franchise tag so maybe he's OK with it. 

19 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

I heard that the Gnats offered Barkley 14+ a year and he turned it down so he must be trying to get McCaffery money, which isn't totally unreasonable but he was injured quite a bit until last year. Hopefully he pulls an Emmitt Smith and they start 0-2 and then end up paying him what he wants or close to it. 

Pollard signed his franchise tag so maybe he's OK with it. 

Not sure if it's so much about the 14 million a year. I heard he wants a bit more guaranteed money within the deal offered. 

• Like 1

I predict that they are off on the Vikings winning only 7 games. I seriously doubt that all of the AFCN teams win 10+ games. That is ridiculous.

Also they have the Chargers at 7-10. DIdn't they finally replace that bad OC with a good one? I think it was the Dallas OC they have now. And they still have Bosa, Mack, Samuel Jr, and James on defense. They just drafted a good WR in the first to go with Allen and Williams. That could be one of the top 3-5 WR groups in the league right now if those 2 can finally be healthy at the same time. 

Edited by SkinsFTW

1 hour ago, SkinsFTW said:

I predict that they are off on the Vikings winning only 7 games. I seriously doubt that all of the AFCN teams win 10+ games. That is ridiculous.

Also they have the Chargers at 7-10. DIdn't they finally replace that bad OC with a good one? I think it was the Dallas OC they have now. And they still have Bosa, Mack, Samuel Jr, and James on defense. They just drafted a good WR in the first to go with Allen and Williams. That could be one of the top 3-5 WR groups in the league right now if those 2 can finally be healthy at the same time. 

Chargers still have their idiot head coach.

AthlonSports Pro Football 23 Predictions 

*Wild Card

AFC East 

1. Miami

2. Buffalo*

3. NY Jets*

4. New England

AFC North

1. Cincinnati

2. Baltimore*

3. Pittsburgh

4. Cleveland

AFC South

1. Jacksonville

2. Tennessee

3. Houston

4. Indianapolis

AFC West

1. Kansas City

2. Los Angeles Chargers

3. Denver

4. Las Vegas

AFC Wild Card: Cincy over NY, Buffalo over Jacksonville, Miami over Baltimore

AFC Divisional: KC over Buffalo, Cincy over Miami

AFC Champ: Kansas City over Cincy

NFC East

1. Philly

2. Dallas*

3. NY Giants

4. Washington

NFC North 

1. Green Bay

2. Detroit*

3. Minnesota

4. Chicago

NFC South

1. Carolina

2. New Orleans

3. Atlanta

4. Tampa Bay

NFC West

1. Seattle

2. San Francisco*

3. Los Angeles Rams

4. Arizona

NFC Wild Card: Seattle over Detroit, Dallas over Green Bay, San Fran over Carolina

NFC Divisional: Seattle over San Fran, Philly over Dallas

NFC Champ: Seattle over Philadelphia

Superbowl 58: KC over Seattle

Edited by 88Comrade2000

They have Seattle going to the SB and Carolina and GB winning their divisions. Really odd predictions IMO. Miami as well. I guess it could happen but still pretty odd. Especially GB and Carolina. 

Jordan Love didn't look that good when he played before, IMO. 

2 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

They have Seattle going to the SB and Carolina and GB winning their divisions. Really odd predictions IMO. Miami as well. I guess it could happen but still pretty odd. Especially GB and Carolina. 

I could see Carolina winning the South, mainly because its a crap division but the Panthers actually played fairly well after Rhule got fired last year and now have a stud franchise QB.

• Like 1

Well yeah, that division could literally go any way. If Atlanta had a QB I'd probably pick them. Robinson is going to be a beast and they already have a recent first round WR and TE. 

Picking Miami over the Jets and the Bill though, that's pretty wild. I guess they expect Tua to stop getting concussed. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2023 at 1:38 PM, SkinsFTW said:

Maybe not in his spot-start against Kansas City in his second season, but he looked pretty good against the Eagles last season coming off the bench for an injured Rodgers.  Very limited sample size for sure, though.

Edited by PokerPacker

• 3 weeks later...

88Comrade2000 2023 NFL Predictions:

*Wild Card

NFC East

1. Boys: 11-6

2. Eagles: 11-6*

3. Giants: 9-8

4. Commies: 8-9

NFC North 

1. Lions: 10-7

2. Vikings: 9-8

3. Bears: 8-9

4. Packers: 7-10

NFC South

1. Saints: 10-7

2. Falcons: 9-8*

3. Bucs: 7-10

4. Panthers: 6-11

NFC West

1. 49ers: 11-6

2. Seahawks: 10-7*

3. Rams: 5-12

4. Cards: 2-15

NFC Playoffs

1. 49ers

2. Boys

3. Saints

4. Lions

5. Eagles

6. Seahawks

7. Falcons

NFC Wild Card:  Boys over Falcons, Saints over Seahawks, Eagles over Lions

NFC Divisional Round: 49ers over Eagles, Boys over Saints

NFC Champ: 49ers over Boys

NFC Coaching Changes

Commies, Bears, Bucs

==========================================================================================================================================

AFC East 

1. Jets: 11-6

2. Bills: 10-7*

3. Dolphins: 9-8

4. Pats: 9-8

AFC North

1. Ravens: 12-5

2. Steelers: 10-7*

3. Bengals: 10-7*

4. Browns: 7-10

AFC South

1. Jaguars: 10-7

2. Titans: 9-8

3. Texans: 7-10

4. Colts: 6-11

AFC West

1. Chiefs: 13-4

2. Chargers: 8-9

3. Broncos: 8-9

4. Raiders: 5-12

AFC Playoffs

1. Chiefs

2. Ravens

3. Jets

4. Jags

5. Steelers

6. Bills

7. Bengals

AFC Wild Card: Ravens over Bengals, Jets over Bills, Steelers over Jags

AFC Divisional Round: Chiefs over Steelers, Jets over Ravens

AFC Champ: Chiefs over Jets

AFC Coaching Changes

Pats, Browns, Titans, Chargers, Raiders

Superbowl 58: Chiefs over 49ers

Sports Illustrated NFL 23 Predictions 

*Wild Card

AFC East 

1. Bills(4): 11-6

2. Dolphins(5): 11-6*

3. Jets(6): 11-6*

4. Pats: 7-10

AFC North

1. Bengals(2): 14-3

2. Ravens(7): 11-6*

3. Steelers: 10-7

4. Browns: 8-9

AFC South

1. Jags(3): 12-5

2. Titans: 5-12

3. Texans: 4-13

4. Colts: 3-14

AFC West

1. Chiefs(1): 14-3

2. Chargers: 10-7

3. Broncos: 7-10

4. Raiders: 5-12

AFC Wild Card: (2)Bengals over (7)Ravens, (3)Jags over (6)Jets, (4)Bills over (5)Dolphins

AFC Divisional: (1)Chiefs over (4)Bills, (2)Bengals over (3)Jags

AFC Champ: (2)Bengals over (1)Chiefs

NFC East

1. Eagles(1): 13-4

2. Boys(6): 10-7*

3. Giants: 8-9

4. Commanders: 7-10

NFC North 

1. Packers(3): 10-7

2. Lions(7): 9-8*

3. Vikings: 6-11

4. Bears: 5-12

NFC South

1. Panthers(4): 9-8

2. Saints: 8-9

3. Falcons: 8-9

4. Bucs 4-13

NFC West

1. Seahawks(2): 12-5

2. 49ers(5): 11-6*

3. Rams: 6-11

4. Cards: 3-14

NFC Wild Card: (2)Seahawks over (7)Lions, (6)Boys over (3)Packers, (5)49ers over (4)Panthers

NFC Divisional: (1)Eagles over (6)Boys, (5)49ers over (2)Seahawks

NFC Champ: (1)Eagles over (5)49ers

Superbowl 58: Eagles over Bengals

PFT’s 2023 NFL season predictions 

Above link for full article on Pro Football Talk's 23 Predictions

>>>

It’a time.

The season starts tomorrow. So, if we’re ever going to do picks for the campaign to come, now is the time to do it.

This year, it’s not easy. It’s also not fun. I’d rather watch and enjoy then root for my predictions to be right.

Then again, who cares about predictions made in September? If you’re right, you get called lucky. If you’re wrong, you get called an idiot. But you get called an idiot anyway.

So given that I’m an idiot anyway, I’m uniquely situated — along with the rest of the PFT staff — to close my eyes and throw a dart and hope for the best.<<<

USA TODAY Sports' 2023 NFL predictions: Who makes playoffs, wins Super Bowl 58, MVP and more?  

Avobe link for full article of predictions.

>>>The 2023 season, the 104th in the history of the NFL, is nearly here – the reigning Super Bowl champion Kansas City Chiefs set to host the Detroit Lions on Thursday night to kick off the campaign. But before we make predictions on that game and the 283 others that will determine Super Bowl 58's participants, USA TODAY Sports' resident NFL experts will first forecast the division winners, playoff fields, conference and Super Bowl champs plus all the winners of the league's major individual awards. Nate Davis has also provided an updated regular-season record projection for all 32 teams (below) with the preseason now complete.<<<

USA Today: NFL record projections 2023: Which teams will lead the way to Super Bowl 58?

Above link with Nate Davis article for his full predictions

>>>

Summertime in the NFL, a period when those Gatorade bottles generally feel more than half-full as optimism tends to run high within teams and among their fans as training camps open everywhere.

After years of predicting win totals throughout the league at this juncture, I've belatedly realized it’s perfectly encapsulated by Journey’s anthemic "Don't Stop Believin'," perhaps more so in 2023 than before most seasons.

Don't stop believin'.

Hold on to that feelin'.

Yes, "that feelin'" can be pervasive in July, when the free agent and rookie additions to each club feel like game changers, coaches and players are still spouting upbeat platitudes about what their team could ultimately become ... but before injuries and a few losses have taken the bloom off the rose.<<<

Edited by 88Comrade2000