Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Iowa TEs are the way to go.  Transfer from Michigan.  Banged up his career, coming off an ACL.  So I presume its about the medicals.

pedestrain stats are about him only playing half a season.  I talked about him eons ago on thhs thread as a dude I'd throw a late round flier on.  I'd do it earlier if he were healthy.  but coming off an ACL, and having injury history in general I'd expect him to be a faller.

Iowa has been TE U over recent years. The injuries over the past couple years and returning from the knee I'm assuming is why he isn't higher and why they are bringing him in for a visit...check on health status. I too can see the interest later on day 3. I do have your guy McLachan ahead of I'm in that pool. I think he has more potential then most of the others later graded prospects There just aren't many I like that I have ranked earlier that the 5th for Washington.

26 minutes ago, lavar1156 said:

Someone please catch me up. What do we think we do at LT? Take one in the 2nd or possibly trade back into the first round?

Smart money is BPA at each position. Unless there is a possibility to package some picks to move up for an elite blue-chipper in the mid to late 1st. But OT doesn't seem to have any of those elite prospects in the draft this year. So, while there's an outside chance we would move back up into the 1st, it probably wouldn't be for a OT. Plenty of serviceable OTs in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th.

Outside of what the Commanders do at the 2nd pick, a few players I am intrigued to see where they are drafted are:

Penix - I could see him go anyplace from top of the 1st to top of the 2nd rounds

Latham  - His refusal to participate in pretty much anything over the past couple months should wave red flags for teams. I figured he was top 15 prior to that and could see him move back to 25 or more depending on the level of concern. 

McConkey - He has done more for himself than most prospects after is season ended. He has even been mocked in the late 1st.

Payton Wilson - How far will his injury history drop him, he is so talented. 

Sainristil - Just love this guy 

TE's Sinnott and Sanders - Only because my gut is the Commanders will be looking hard at these two but not until at least late in round 2 but more likely the 3rd round. 

What player(s) draft position intrigue you the most (outside of the QB debate)?

• Like 1

OG-T.  Seems to be the theme is tackles outside the first round, Morgan can go in the first but could also go in the 2nd.  Maybe its a smokescreen, but if I had to judge what they do based on visits they aren't trading up in the first for a tackle.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, mhd24 said:

https://www.sportskeeda.com/nfl/news-2024-nfl-draft-insider-notes-the-brock-bowers-vs-drake-maye-conversation-steelers-plans-shore-ranks

Tony Pauline with some interesting nuggets.  Sainstrill going early 2nd is pretty wild.  

Depends what people want. He is (I think?) fairly new to the position and already shows a lot of versatility. There are times where he mirrors really well in Man, and he's instinctive in zone so developmentally he seems scheme diverse.

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Schrager is plugged in, he's all about what he hears versus what he thinks.  Love McConkey but at 19?  

Why not? Assuming medicals are clean he's a better prospect than some listed in the 20's there. As some of those guys are more about potential based on rarer size/athleticism than what they've shown they can do against competition.

30 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Why not? Assuming medicals are clean he's a better prospect than some listed in the 20's there. As some of those guys are more about potential based on rarer size/athleticism than what they've shown they can do against competition.

I've posted probably more pro McConkey propaganda on this thread than anyone so naturally i am not arguing against his play.

Just the two players where Schrager was much different than the typical mock was McConkey and Frazier.

17 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I've posted probably more pro McConkey propaganda on this thread than anyone so naturally i am not arguing against his play.

Just the two players where Schrager was much different than the typical mock was McConkey and Frazier.

I noticed Frazier and no JPJ.  Think that's not right.

:229:The Rook

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He's got McConkey going to Sean McVay. I'm surprised he doesn't have Brian Thomas going there, but if he knows McVay wants a WR then it's not unreasonable to go after someone with athleticism and serious separation skills.

Btw, I was watching corners against LSU and holy crap do Thomas and Nabers pop. I mean, I already knew they did. But I had not watched them in awhile and the rate they were physically imposing surprised me again. Definitely saw some missed opportunities where Jayden Daniels didn't see Thomas burning his guy. It happens to every QB, I imagine more so with the other weapons on that team, but Thomas's ability to get up to speed at that size is alarming.

Continuing on from 2023, I've been doing some CB rankings again.

** indicates there wasn't enough film I saw that showed if they could/couldn't do some things I was looking for.

Tier Ranking Name
1 Joey Porter Jr
2 Devon Witherspoon
2 3 Christian Gonzalez
4 Kelee Ringo
5 Julius Brents
6 Cam Smith
7 Deonte Banks
8 DJ Turner
9 Jakorian Bennett
10 Emmanuel Forbes**
11 Tre'vius Hodges Tomlinson**
12 Riley Moss

Tier Ranking   Extra Potential?
1 N/A N/A  
1 Quinyon Mitchell Yes
2 Kool-Aid McKinstry  
3 Terrion Arnold Yes
4 Cooper DeJean ** Yes
5 Mike Sainristil  
6 Cam Hart **  
7 Renardo Green  
8 Ennis Rakestraw  
9 Max Melton Yes
10 Nate Wiggins  
11 Kamari Lassiter  
12 TJ Tampa  
13 Kris Abrams Draine  
14 Kalen King  
15 Josh Newton

Haven't watched yet but want to: Andru Phillips, Khyree Jackson

The extra potential column is new, just means I think they've got a higher ceiling than expected.

I don't have a good equivalent to what Tier these guys are and where I think they should be drafted. But if I had to ballpark it maybe it's something like this:

• Tier 1 is Top 10. (Picks 1-10)
  • Tier 2 is 1st round. (Picks 11-32)
  • Tier 3 is early-mid Day 2. (Picks 33-75)
  • Tier 4 is late Day 2 to early Day 3. (Picks 76-130)
  • Tier 5 is mid-late Day 3. (Picks 131-250)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

27 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

** indicates there wasn't enough film I saw that showed if they could/couldn't do some things I was looking for.

Tier Ranking Name
1 Joey Porter Jr
2 Devon Witherspoon
2 3 Christian Gonzalez
4 Kelee Ringo
5 Julius Brents
6 Cam Smith
7 Deonte Banks
8 DJ Turner
9 Jakorian Bennett
10 Emmanuel Forbes**
12 Riley Moss

1 N/A N/A  
1 Quinyon Mitchell Yes
2 Kool-Aid McKinstry  
3 Terrion Arnold Yes
4 Cooper DeJean ** Yes
5 Mike Sainristil  
6 Cam Hart **  
7 Renardo Green  
8 Ennis Rakestraw  
9 Max Melton Yes
10 Nate Wiggins  
11 Kamari Lassiter  
12 TJ Tampa  
13 Kris Abrams Draine  
14 Kalen King  
15 Josh Newton

The extra potential column is new, just means I think they've got a higher ceiling than expected.

I don't have a good equivalent to what Tier these guys are and where I think they should be drafted. But if I had to ballpark it maybe it's something like this:

Thanks for the Work you put into this. Can't wait for A. Phillips and K. Jackson. My bet is they slide in Just below DeJean down to Melton. And that's the sweet spot for man-press or dual role/man press CB that we need to dip into. That's 7 fine CBs we may nab between early 2nd and mid 4th. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Tier Ranking Name
1 Joey Porter Jr
2 Devon Witherspoon
2 3 Christian Gonzalez
4 Kelee Ringo
5 Julius Brents
6 Cam Smith
7 Deonte Banks
8 DJ Turner
9 Jakorian Bennett
10 Emmanuel Forbes**
12 Riley Moss

1 N/A N/A  
1 Quinyon Mitchell Yes
2 Kool-Aid McKinstry  
3 Terrion Arnold Yes
4 Cooper DeJean ** Yes
5 Mike Sainristil  
6 Cam Hart **  
7 Renardo Green  
8 Ennis Rakestraw  
9 Max Melton Yes
10 Nate Wiggins  
11 Kamari Lassiter  
12 TJ Tampa  
13 Kris Abrams Draine  
14 Kalen King  
15 Josh Newton

Appreciate your work, thanks for sharing!

This draft has a lot of quality at positions we need through the 4th round! We are really in a nice spot.

Looks like really missed on Forbes in 2023, we got a deal for him at 16 :806:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

My gut remains we came out of the 2nd round withjordan Morgan if he falls or Paul

Standig

Screen Shot 2024-04-17 at 7.41.36 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-04-17 at 7.42.26 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-04-17 at 7.42.38 AM.png

Brugler just had his big mock, at #2 he says as far as he knows, nobody knows which QB our team favors. They aren't talking.

He has us taking Patrick Paul in the 2nd. But the way the draft breaks down I just want to trade back. With both picks.

Although if we grab Jayden Daniels I think Xavier Worthy is in play. Try to recreate the monster speed advantage his weapons had in college.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Brugler just had his big mock, at #2 he says as far as he knows, nobody knows which QB our team favors. They aren't talking.

He has us taking Patrick Paul in the 2nd. But the way the draft breaks down I just want to trade back. With both picks.

Although if we grab Jayden Daniels I think Xavier Worthy is in play. Try to recreate the monster speed advantage his weapons had in college.

As to Daniels.

I am not a big Worthy guy.  But yeah if its YAC on the first level, I think that's his game.  In theory, I like the idea of a burner as a deep ball threat but I wonder if that's him in the pros?  I can see though a creative offensive mind using his speed as a weapon.

I got to rewatch Troy Franklin.  I don't like his physicality-frame but he has some deep ball tracking skills but is inconsistent on that front but he certainly has speed.  On first watch at least I didn't like him as mich as the typical mock drafter.

If Burton's character checks out, he's also a dude I like going deep.  He i think can be really good.   But major red flags as to character.

I think Roman Wilson could be that dude too even though he wasn't used that way much in college but his ball tracking skills look good to me.

Polk -- but wish he was faster.  Legette is really intriguing to me albiet he's a raw route runner.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

On 4/15/2024 at 7:47 PM, CommDownMan said:

Sorry to break it to you,  but that was 2020 and it really happened... but that's forget all about that please... 

oh god,  don't rehash my nightmare!!   lol

49 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am not a big Worthy guy.  But yeah if its YAC on the first level, I think that's his game.  In theory, I like the idea of a burner as a deep ball threat but I wonder if that's him in the pros?  I can see though a creative offensive mind using his speed as a weapon.

Worthy isn't a deep threat.  It's weird because of how fast he is, but he doesn't generate wins against man coverage on the outside, his ball tracking isn't very good, and his ability to win contested catches is pretty bad.

I think he also lacks elusiveness as a YAC weapon.  On screens, if he can actually make the first man miss, then he gets 0-60 in a heartbeat and can get up field, but it's 50-50 if he can make the first guy miss, and corners play downhill on him in that scenario with zero fear.  That shouldn't really happen with a guy who runs 4.21.

I don't think he's anything special.  He's a slant catcher and WR3 type that is a rail thin straight line runner with no strength.  Legette and Franklin are the two best deep threats left in the class after Brian Thomas comes off the board.

Tez Walker is also a very good deep threat too, but it's the only thing he's good at.

Johnny Wilson is also pretty dangerous as a deep threat.  His build up speed is very threatening to DBs paired with that incredible size.  Look at how soft DBs play him.  Everything opens up underneath for him because of how scared they are of him getting behind them.

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure LB1 will be available when we pick at 36.  GB has a major need at that area.  If they want to trade up, I can see a deal making sense.  It would probably be something like:

36 for 41+126 (late 4th).

• Like 1