Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

I have Darius Robinson going somewhere in the end of the 1st round. I could see Baltimore snatching him up at 30, itd be a typical Raven pick where they get a super talented guy who falls for no reason and ends up being a perennial Pro Bowler. 

I think there is a chance Chop could be there at 36. Tampa is the only team I see taking him in round  1

• Thumb up 1

22 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

Got to think we’ll make a couple of trades. Can’t see us bypassing the 4th round for example. 

Peters will have the flexibility to do what is best.  I'm not concerned about bypassing the 4th round though.  Picks #36 and #40 might net first round talent at some position.  If so, I'm not going to trade down for 2nd round talent + a 4th round talent.  Pick #67 could net 2nd round talent, so again, it's a keeper IMO.  Let's say picks 78 and 100 are legitimate round three.  If I hold onto #78, I'm are more likely to get the particular player who fits need and ranking.  

• Thumb up 1

I'd love to get another pick in the 50s ish range. I'd be okay with moving down from 36 or 40 down to that range and getting another 3rd or 4th.

The meat of this draft is in the picks 35-65 range. I feel like there is a big drop off after 65-75 ish(but you might be able to snag a steal TE or RB in round 4-5).

This Kiper-Yates third round, I'd be stoked.  As far as Sanders goes, I go back and forth on him but in the late third, its fine

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2024/insider/story/_/id/39927794/2024-nfl-mock-draft-three-rounds-mel-kiper-field-yates-predict-first-100-picks

_end_rule.png

ROUND 3

car.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

65. Carolina Panthers

Kiper's pick: Chris Braswell, OLB, Alabama

Braswell is another instant contributor for the Panthers in this draft. He is an underrated pass-rusher after registering eight sacks last season. Carolina's pass rush struggled big-time in 2023.

ari.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

66. Arizona Cardinals

Yates' pick: Christian Haynes, G, UConn

Arizona can continue its busy and productive draft with the mobile and nasty Haynes, helping fortify the interior offensive line in front of Kyler Murray.

wsh.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

67. Washington Commanders

Kiper's pick: Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan

Washington should use one of its three third-rounders on a wideout who can help its new quarterback in 2023. Wilson, who ran a 4.39-second 40 at the combine, can make plays on screens and crossers.

ne.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

68. New England Patriots

Yates' pick: Devontez Walker, WR, North Carolina

Yes, I already gave Keon Coleman to the Patriots in Round 2. But I'm double-dipping at wide receiver -- and setting up Drake Maye with a familiar target in Walker, whose length and speed would help open up this offense.

lac.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

69. Los Angeles Chargers

Kiper's pick: Kris Jenkins, DT, Michigan

Did you think Jim Harbaugh would go through his first draft with the Chargers and not take a Michigan man? Jenkins can be a solid interior pass-rusher at the next level. His dad, Kris, was a second-round pick by the Panthers in 2001.

ten.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

70. Tennessee Titans (via mock trade with NYG)

Yates' pick: Junior Colson, LB, Michigan

Speaking on Michigan, how about Colson's fit with Tennessee? He would add immediate toughness to a Titans defense that lost Azeez Al-Shaair in free agency to Houston.

71. Arizona Cardinals (via TEN)

Kiper's pick: Mohamed Kamara, OLB, Colorado State

This is already the fifth pick by the Cardinals, to whom we've given a wide receiver, a cornerback and two offensive linemen so far. They ranked 30th in sacks last season (33), so Kamara could help their pass rush. He had 13 sacks last season and racked up 29 over the past three seasons.

nyj.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

72. New York Jets

Yates' pick: Jaden Hicks, S, Washington State

The Jets have a sneaky need at safety, and few defensive prospects have the versatility of Hicks. He played 323 snaps at safety, 79 at corner, 154 at inside linebacker and 191 at outside linebacker last season.

det.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

73. Detroit Lions (via MIN)

Kiper's pick: Bub Means, WR, Pitt

Means was one of my combine risers in February. He has big hands and long arms, and he ran a 4.43-second 40 in Indianapolis. He also was productive in college, leading the ACC with 18 contested catches in 2023.

atl.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

74. Atlanta Falcons

Yates' pick: Cam Hart, CB, Notre Dame

Atlanta figures to be in the corner market, and Hart's combination of 6-foot-3 size and 4.5-second 40 speed makes him a starting perimeter corner option in the NFL.

chi.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

75. Chicago Bears

Kiper's pick: Kiran Amegadjie, OT, Yale

Amegadjie played just four games last season after tearing his quad muscle in October, but he has intriguing traits in a 6-foot-5 frame. I thought about an edge rusher for the Bears, but there aren't many likely to play early in this range. I'd rather take a flier on Amegadjie.

den.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

76. Denver Broncos

Yates' pick: Spencer Rattler, QB, South Carolina

Denver's patience at quarterback pays off here. Rattler could certainly compete with Jarrett Stidham for the starting job right away. Rattler threw for 3,186 yards last season, and he has had a good pre-draft process.

lv.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

77. Las Vegas Raiders

Kiper's pick: Jaylen Wright, RB, Tennessee

Finally, another running back off the board. The Raiders lost Josh Jacobs, which means there are opportunities for touches in 2024. Wright averaged 7.4 yards per rush in 2023, which ranked third in the FBS.

78. Washington Commanders (via SEA)

Yates' pick: Jonah Elliss, EDGE, Utah

Elliss has an advanced catalog of rush moves, and he'd be yet another part of the Commanders' edge rush rebuild after trading Montez Sweat and Chase Young last year. Elliss had 12 sacks last season.

atl.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

79. Atlanta Falcons (via JAX)

Kiper's pick: Ruke Orhorhoro, DT, Clemson

The 294-pound Orhorhoro has the positional flexibility to play anywhere along the defensive line. After Field gave the Falcons edge rusher Dallas Turner in Round 1, we can get them help along the interior on Day 2. They had the league's worst pass rush in 2023.

cin.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

80. Cincinnati Bengals

Yates' pick: Javon Baker, WR, UCF

With Tee Higgins' future in Cincinnati still a bit murky after his trade request, the Bengals can get some insurance late on Day 2. But even if Higgins stays put, Cincinnati could use depth at the position since Tyler Boyd is still unsigned.

play

0:37
Javon Baker's NFL draft profile

Look back at some of Javon Baker's biggest catches at UCF.

sea.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

81. Seattle Seahawks (via NO/DEN)

Kiper's pick: Zak Zinter, G, Michigan

Zinter broke his leg against Ohio State in November, forcing him to miss the Wolverines' College Football Playoff run. I don't think there's any reason to worry about him missing his rookie season, though. Seattle has just two picks in the first two days of the draft, and it has to add competition at guard with one of those.

ind.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

82. Indianapolis Colts

Yates' pick: Dominick Puni, G/OT, Kansas

As Indy tries to pad the depth along the interior offensive line, the versatility of Puni -- he can play four different positions -- makes him a great value here. He didn't allow any sacks over the past two seasons.

car.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

83. Carolina Panthers (via mock trade with LAR)

Kiper's pick: Ben Sinnott, TE/HB, Kansas State

Sinnott is my top-ranked H-back, but he can be used mostly as a tight end, especially in a thin class. His 676 receiving yards last season ranked fourth among FBS tight ends. He measured 6-foot-4 and weighed 250 pounds at the combine, and he could quickly rise to the top of the Panthers' depth chart.

pit.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

84. Pittsburgh Steelers

Yates' pick: Michael Hall Jr., DT, Ohio State

The Steelers don't need a Week 1 starter at defensive tackle, but Hall would provide pass rush juice and could eventually pair with Keeanu Benton when Pittsburgh no longer has Cameron Heyward.

cle.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

85. Cleveland Browns

Kiper's pick: Trey Benson, RB, Florida State

Nick Chubb should be back from his serious knee injury in 2024, but the Browns could use a young back to push him. Benson is speedy and shifty, and I like his ability to hit a hole and find a lane. With just two picks in the first two rounds of the draft, Cleveland might have to target its needs.

hou.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

86. Houston Texans (via PHI)

Yates' pick: Tyler Nubin, S, Minnesota

Perhaps no safety in the class has better ball skills than Nubin, who finds his way to the football constantly. He had 13 interceptions in college, including five in 2023.

dal.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

87. Dallas Cowboys

Kiper's pick: Cedric Gray, LB, North Carolina

Leighton Vander Esch's injuries compromised the middle of the Cowboys' defense last season, and now he's retiring. They were punished on the ground in their playoff loss to Green Bay. Gray was a tackling force for the Tar Heels, and he has some upside as a blitzer on passing downs.

gb.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

88. Green Bay Packers

Yates' pick: Calen Bullock, S, USC

Bullock has endless range and would pair with Xavier McKinney to form a new-look, turnover-forcing safety duo in Green Bay.

tb.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

89. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Kiper's pick: Elijah Jones, CB, Boston College

Jones picked off five passes last season, and he has a lot of experience locking down wideouts in man coverage. The Bucs ranked 29th in passing yards allowed to receivers (3,036) last season, and that was before they traded away starting corner Carlton Davis.

90. Arizona Cardinals (via HOU)

Yates' pick: DeWayne Carter, DT, Duke

Arizona again? We have the Cards checking off needs and making six picks in this three-round mock draft, capped off here with Carter. His impact extended way beyond the box score last season, as the versatile and relentless pass-rusher was handful to block no matter where he lined up.

Full 2024 NFL draft rankings

Top five players at all positions
 Scouts Inc. ranks the top 337 prospects
 Kiper's Big Board | Miller's top 474
 Reid's top 50 | Yates' top 50
 QB Hot Board | Best on the board

gb.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

91. Green Bay Packers (via BUF)

Kiper's pick: Brennan Jackson, OLB, Washington State

I wanted to find a spot for Jackson at the end of Round 3, because I think everyone else is underrating him. He's a crafty pass-rusher. I really like the draft we've built for Green Bay.

tb.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

92. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (via DET)

Yates' pick: MarShawn Lloyd, RB, USC

Tampa Bay relied heavily on Rachaad White last season, but it was last in rushing, averaging 88.8 yards per game. Adding Lloyd would make for a more explosive and deeper backfield.

bal.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

93. Baltimore Ravens

Kiper's pick: Kamren Kinchens, S, Miami

Kinchens ran a 4.65-second 40 at the combine, which saw him drop out of the top-50 discussion. But he's a good player. He picked off 11 passes over his final two seasons for the Hurricanes. In Baltimore, he could play in the secondary rotation as a rookie.

sf.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

94. San Francisco 49ers

Yates' pick: Jared Wiley, TE, TCU

The Niners' hunt for a tight end behind George Kittle ends here with Wiley, who is huge at 6-foot-6 and 249 pounds and brings good speed. Wiley caught eight touchdown passes last season.

kc.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

95. Kansas City Chiefs

Kiper's pick: Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame

Fisher, Notre Dame's right tackle over the past two seasons, was inconsistent at times, but he has some NFL starter traits. Kansas City has questions along its O-line, particularly at left tackle, where Donovan Smith is still unsigned.

jax.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

96. Jacksonville Jaguars (compensatory pick)

Yates' pick: Christian Jones, OT, Texas

This is a bit of a lookahead pick for Jacksonville, who can get another offensive tackle in the pipeline. Jones has a ton of experience (48 career starts) and has played both left and right tackle.

cin.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

97. Cincinnati Bengals (compensatory pick)

Kiper's pick: Blake Corum, RB, Michigan

With Joe Mixon gone, Corum would have a chance to compete for carries as a rookie. Corum is a little undersized at 5-foot-8 and 205 pounds, but he can break tackles. He is Michigan's all-time leader in rushing touchdowns (58), total touchdowns (61) and points scored (356).

pit.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

98. Pittsburgh Steelers (via PHI; compensatory pick)

Yates' pick: Brandon Coleman, OT, TCU

Pittsburgh would add versatility and experience with Coleman while continuing the remake of its offensive line. He didn't allow any sacks last season.

lar.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

99. Los Angeles Rams (compensatory pick)

Kiper's pick: Brandon Dorlus, DT, Oregon

No, Dorlus won't be able to replace Aaron Donald's production, but he has some pass rush upside. All five of Dorlus' sacks last season came when he was lined up as a defensive tackle. The versatility to play outside should appeal to new defensive coordinator Chris Shula.

100. Washington Commanders (via SF; compensatory pick)

Yates' pick: Ja'Tavion Sanders, TE, Texas

OK, let's wrap this thing up with Washington's sixth pick. Sanders is a legitimate playmaker with the football in his hands, and the Commanders would need more of those kinds of players around Jayden Daniels.

Note: The Miami Dolphins forfeited their 2024 third-round pick for violations of league policies relating to the integrity of the game.

• Like 3

Morgan will be a good G. Can't take him expecting him to play T though. But he's probably a day one pencil in starter at LG and the idea of a Morgan-Biadaz-Cosmi interior 3 for the next ~5 years is pretty awesome.

5 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Sainristil, nickle corner, one of my guys too for a long time.  I wish he was taller.  But what a baller.  Ex-Wr.  6 picks.  A leader.  Supposedly knows the opposing offenses like the back of his hand. At best playing zone according to PFF.  Would I take him at 36-or 40?  Maybe but I'd lean no. I know that's Sikemma from PFF's fav.

Jarrian Jones, nickle corner, a taller, poor man's version, 3 picks, with sick athletcism and excels at man according to PFF metrics could likely be had later in the draft -- 4th round range.

Corner feels deep.  I think I'd rather have an outside corner if I am taking one that early.

Corner is very Deep. I also wonder with the new kickoff rules how much return ability is going to be valued in corner, WR and RB this draft? That changes a lot. Someone like Dejean may be moved up a couple of spots because of it. 

Sainristill is my dude but feel like 40 is too high for him. On the flip side, I'm not sure he'll last to 67. That's why I want another pick in that 50 ish range.

3rd round is the money round for CBs IMO. Other than Max Melton I really don't like any of the projected 2nd round CBs(assuming Kool Aid and Dejean go round 1).

32 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Morgan will be a good G. Can't take him expecting him to play T though. But he's probably a day one pencil in starter at LG and the idea of a Morgan-Biadaz-Cosmi interior 3 for the next ~5 years is pretty awesome.

One thing that might sell Morgan is he should be better at handling the rushers that rely more on quick movement in our division.

Thibs, Parsons, Huff, maybe Nolan Smith (but he might be a bust)

So I could see them thinking, Morgan could be fine for more games than normal and the others we offer some harder TE chips and the like to set him up better? He's a 2nd rounder, you hope for a long term starter, but even if it's just 3-4 years until we get someone better then it's still a win.

That said, I also think he's more of a Guard. But maybe they can make it work?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

I would rate this draft class as very good overall - one of the best in recent memories.

It lacks high end talent and there's no sure fire stud like Surtain, Sauce, or Spoon at the very top, but the depth is excellent. I really wanna grab one in the 3rd.

9 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Sainristill is my dude but feel like 40 is too high for him. On the flip side, I'm not sure he'll last to 67. That's why I want another pick in that 50 ish range.

3rd round is the money round for CBs IMO. Other than Max Melton I really don't like any of the projected 2nd round CBs(assuming Kool Aid and Dejean go round 1).

I'm curious about Cam Hart. I wish there was more video, preferably some All-22. He never got thrown at so his ability to play the ball is kind of unknown.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If I had to guess what tackle they end up with its Morgan or Paul

Paul and Morgan sound right. One should be there with there first second round pick.

Edited by Redskins 2021
  • Like 1

Read a few times that we have no 4th round. Was this because of the Sam Howel trade? Our 4th became a third? Tried looking back to see if we traded for someone for the 4th rounder, couldn’t find anything. 

Edited by Acworth skins fan
  • Thumb up 1

32 minutes ago, Acworth skins fan said:

Read a few times that we have no 4th round. Was this because of the Sam Howel trade? Our 4th became a third? Tried looking back to see if we traded for someone for the 4th rounder, couldn’t find anything. 

Yes, I believe we traded our 4th for a third.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Acworth skins fan said:

traded the 4th for Seattle's 3rd.  Traded a 6th for Seattle's 5th.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Does this boost him back to the late 2nd-early 3rd?  One of my fav pass rushers in this draft

I think he would be a great fit in the situational pass rusher role we foresee Dante Fowler playing. Let him compete for snaps with Fowler with the hope he supplants him and can be an even better version (if not an everydown player)

also- that 3 cone is ****ing absurd. Almost identical to Von Miller.

He’s undersized at 6’2 248 but has 33 inch arms.

NFL bloodlines, production, and technique too.

Edited by seantaylor=god
  • Like 3