Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

37 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

The article says they didn’t measure him until over two hours after the accident. He was probably a whole lot drunker.

Alcohol is eliminated from the body at a pretty consistent/uniform rate. Assuming he didn’t consume the alcohol very close in time to the accident, you’d expect his BAC to have dropped by about .020 to .025 over the course of 87 minutes.

Fairly safe back of the napkin estimate that he’d have been around a 0.125 to 0.130 at the time of the accident. Not good, but not outrageous (among the subset of drunk drivers). For reference, the Maryland MVA treats a 0.15 BAC as the dividing line denoting a “high” BAC (and carrying additional administrative penalties).

• Like 4

6 hours ago, e16bball said:

Alcohol is eliminated from the body at a pretty consistent/uniform rate. Assuming he didn’t consume the alcohol very close in time to the accident, you’d expect his BAC to have dropped by about .020 to .025 over the course of 87 minutes.

Fairly safe back of the napkin estimate that he’d have been around a 0.125 to 0.130 at the time of the accident. Not good, but not outrageous (among the subset of drunk drivers). For reference, the Maryland MVA treats a 0.15 BAC as the dividing line denoting a “high” BAC (and carrying additional administrative penalties).

The reality is that it’s pretty ****ing stupid and irresponsible isn’t it. That’s under normal circumstance, let alone a number of weeks before one of the pivotal moments in his life/career.

• Thumb up 1

Outside of the 2nd round, that would be my guy at tackle as to rolling the dice. Probably around the 4th though better suited IMO to RT.   My gut is they take Paul in the 2nd or Morgan if he falls

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

Rudimentary mock draft 3.0, this time with way more trades:

1. Chicago-Caleb Williams

2. Washington-Jayden Daniels(god I hope I'm wrong, but I'm just prepping for the nightmare scenario here)

3. New England-Drake Maye

4. Arizona-Marvin Harrison jr

5. Minnesota(from LA Chargers)-JJ McCarthy

6. NY Giants-Malik Nabors

7. Tennessee-Joe Alt

8. LA Chargers(from Atlanta)-Rome Odunze

9. Las Vegas(from Chicago)-Michael Penix jr

10. NY Jets-Brock Bowers

11. Atlanta(from LA Chargers thru Minnesota)-Dallas Turner

12. Denver-Bo Nix

13. Chicago(from Las Vegas)-Quinyon Mitchell

14. New Orleans-Taliese Fauga

15. Indianapolis-Jared Verse

16. Seattle-Jackson Powers-Johnson

17. Jacksonville-Brian Thomas jr

18. Cincinatti-JC Latham

19. LA Rams-Lautu Latu

20. Pittsburgh-Troy Fautanu

21. Miami-Nate Wiggins

22. Philadelphia-Terrion Arnold

23. Washington(from LA Chargers thru Minnesota)-Ola Fashanu

24. Dallas-Graham Barton

25. Green Bay-Byron Murphy

26. Kansas City(from Tampa Bay)-Troy Franklin

27. Arizona-Kool-Aid McKinstry

28. Buffalo-Xavier Worthy

29. San Francisco(from Detroit)-Tyler Guyton

30. Baltimore-Amarius Mims

31. Detroit(from San Francisco)-Cooper Dejean

32. Tampa Bay-Jer'zhon Newton

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Outside of the 2nd round, that would be my guy at tackle as to rolling the dice. Probably around the 4th though better suited IMO to RT.   My gut is they take Paul in the 2nd or Morgan if he falls

I'd take him in the 3rd if we don't address OT in the 2nd

43 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Yeah agree with this.

I don't mind either under the assumption that Morgan gets kicked inside. He's not a T to me(short arms).

15 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

I'm ready for Day 2 of the draft to break in a really weird way for us. Like BPA, BPA, oh crap we need an OT still, trade up from our early 3rd for one.

It's entirely possible the top of the 2nd round has guys that are too good to not take, and could quickly get playing time.

As long as we come out of the draft with a starting-caliber OT, and possibly a 2nd project OT, I don't really care where they come from. 

32 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

I'm ready for Day 2 of the draft to break in a really weird way for us. Like BPA, BPA, oh crap we need an OT still, trade up from our early 3rd for one.

It's entirely possible the top of the 2nd round has guys that are too good to not take, and could quickly get playing time.

I been thinking about the idea of packaging 67 + 100 to move back into the 2nd(probably somewhere in the 50s) to get someone who falls.

I think I read that after about 65 or so this draft tends to fall off in talent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

As long as we come out of the draft with a starting-caliber OT, and possibly a 2nd project OT, I don't really care where they come from. 

What do you mean by starting-caliber OT? Because odds of an OT drafted in the 2nd/3rd round that win a starting job out of training camp are extremely small.

Just now, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

What do you mean by starting-caliber OT? Because odds of an OT drafted in the 2nd/3rd round that win a starting job out of training camp are extremely small.

Not on this team

25 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Not on this team

Unless its Morgan, I don't think we get a starting LT in the 2nd round right away.  I'm thinking we may sign a Donovan Smith type as a stopgap for this season.  That or we sign DJ Humphries (Kliff knows him) and hope he rehabs quick from his ACL.

We've been sniffing around Christian Jones.  I could see drafting him in the mid rounds, and he has some good tools.  Good arm length and hand size, good 40 times.  Might be a little bit of Charles Leno potential with him, but he's a long way off from being that kind of technician.  He's a raw project and I'm definitely concerned about our OL coach being able to develop players like him.  The hope with him would be to red shirt and then eventually replace Wylie at RT

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Bifflog said:

Anybody on this list folks like?

Jalen Coker. I drafted him in the ES draft. Dude has great routes, hands and size. He also has underrated speed. Check out some of his tape. It is really good. 

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, e16bball said:

Can you imagine how many drinks he had at 366 pounds to get to that level? It is unacceptable. And will hurt him badly in the draft imo. That said I would take him with one of our 3rd rounders....:)

This really drove home to me that if we do manage to draft a stud WR prospect in the 2nd, we’ll have one of the best WR corps in the league for our young QB. Most teams have relative JAGs as their 3rd WR and we’d be bumping Dotson down to that spot—and I think we all believe Dotson still has plenty of potential, obviously. 

edit: whoops, forgot to post the tweet that got me thinking about this:

Edited by Conn
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, Conn said:

This really drove home to me that if we do manage to draft a stud WR prospect in the 2nd, we’ll have one of the best WR corps in the league for our young QB. Most teams have relative JAGs as their 3rd WR and we’d be bumping Dotson down to that spot—and I think we all believe Dotson still has plenty of potential, obviously. 

edit: whoops, forgot to post the tweet that got me thinking about this:

Yep I wanna surround our young QB with weapons. Ladd is my dude in the 2nd round. I'd take him at 36 in a heartbeat. But I think there are quite a few good fits for us and we could potentially even get one in round 3.

45 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Can you imagine how many drinks he had at 366 pounds to get to that level? It is unacceptable. And will hurt him badly in the draft imo. That said I would take him with one of our 3rd rounders....:)

That’s a tougher question to answer. The minimum number is probably about a dozen drinks for a man of 360 pounds to get to a 0.125 — but given that most people consume drinks over a lengthy period of time, and thus are eliminating alcohol while they’re ingesting more, the answer for him on that particular day is almost assuredly higher than that. How much higher would depend on how long he’d been drinking. 

And you’re absolutely right, it is completely unacceptable. I think there’s something to be learned from how young people respond to making such a dangerous decision — but it’s not a great sign that he was either unwilling or unable to tone down the drinking/partying in the lead-up to the draft.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but the word out of Texas on him (“class clown,” “party guy”) even before this seemed to suggest there’s a reason he carries 365+ pounds — and it’s not just that he’s big boned. I think there’s a big red flag here at this point, just in terms of self-control and willingness to do what it takes (including sacrificing what you want to do for what you need to do). 

I really enjoy watching him play, because he’s really a dynamic player for his size. Surprising burst, impressive ability to get skinny. But I don’t think he’s for us. They are pushing leadership very hard in this early “re-calibration” stage, and more importantly, Quinn (or someone) apparently had even Mazi Smith lose a bunch of weight to play in his defense last year. I don’t think they’re looking for jumbo DTs. 

8 hours ago, e16bball said:

That’s a tougher question to answer. The minimum number is probably about a dozen drinks for a man of 360 pounds to get to a 0.125 — but given that most people consume drinks over a lengthy period of time, and thus are eliminating alcohol while they’re ingesting more, the answer for him on that particular day is almost assuredly higher than that. How much higher would depend on how long he’d been drinking. 

Definitely. My son in law is a state trooper. He came over one night with a breathalizer so we could find out how many drinks it would take me to fail. We drank at a decent pace probably 2-3 drinks per hour. And I didnt fail until after my 8th drink. And I would consider myself quite impaired at that point. Not drunk. But definitely buzzed. I am 6'1 around 230. So Newton definitely consumed a ton of drinks that night.