Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

I had little doubt TE's like Kincaid, Maher, LaPorta and Washington would  be able to have a fairly quick transition to the NFL. 

As TE's go, that's unusual to have at least 4 in a draft. TE's normally take time with the transition. By the end of the year there was double that number that became solid contributors to their new teams.

Regardless of all the good combine results this year, I don't have that same feel outside of Bowers. There is rawness in parts of many of the prospects.

I am sure there will be a run on them in rounds 3, 4 and 5. Can't wait to see the direction this team moves in. Hope we get one good one but damn did we miss out on a TE class last year.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I went back and looked at some PSU games and I just can't get excited about Theo Johnson despite his measurables. He is just not really a dynamic presence in the game. He doesn't demonstrate a good feel for soft spots in a zone. He is mechanical and seems to process slowly,  almost like he has to think through each move. He's nobody's go to/safety blanket. I like Sinnott a good bit better and Wiley better as a day three guy. 

1 hour ago, Rolo Tomasie said:

I went back and looked at some PSU games and I just can't get excited about Theo Johnson despite his measurables. He is just not really a dynamic presence in the game. He doesn't demonstrate a good feel for soft spots in a zone. He is mechanical and seems to process slowly,  almost like he has to think through each move. He's nobody's go to/safety blanket. I like Sinnott a good bit better and Wiley better as a day three guy. 

I am with you a little bit. I am a PSU fan and have watched every single snap Theo took in college. His athleticism is not special on the field. I would argue Tyler Warren would have probably been drafted before him if he had not gone back to school. Obviously we are trying to project these guys to the next level. I dont hate Theo as a pro. But I dont see him as being special either. Sinnott has a chance to be special imo. 

1 hour ago, Rolo Tomasie said:

Yeah I get to rewatch him.  I recall on first watch, not loving him, not hating him, was a bit bored watching him and having a hard time landing on an impression.

But with those measurables I'll try to be patient with him and watch him more closely

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

We effed up not taking a TE last year. Just about every single one of em hit(to varying degrees). 

Not Darnell Washington.  He's a cautionary tale that the ultra athletic low skill, low production TE is a big gamble.

For a TE to have a chance at early production, they need some polished receiving skills coming out of college.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

Assuming you were in control and the decision were yours to make, It might be interesting for our regulars to list their "Pound the Table" guys for. No limit on quantity. 

Thats hard to do. Because we dont know who will be gone in each round. My top 3 guys by position though:

QB: Caleb-Maye-Daniels in that order

RB:  Irving-Corum-Brooks.  Brooks would be number one for me if he wasnt coming off an ACL

WR:  MHJ-Nabers-Brian Thomas.....Others I like: Roman Wilson, Odunze, AD Mitchell, Corley

TE: Bowers-Sinnott-Jaheim Bell

ROT: Latham-Guyton-Fuaga

LOT: Alt, Fashanu, Mims

G: Barton, Beebe, Haynes.....I like Domick Puni a lot as a G as well. 

Center: JPJ, Frazier, Van Pran

Will do defense in a bit. Time for RB 40's baby!!!

Trey Benson 4.39 at 216 pounds. Woah. 

Edited by clskinsfan
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He's a big dude but expected better from Estime

he looks like a 4.7 guy to me on tape though.

Guerendo 4.33....smoking

Good run for Irving. I would love him as a 3rd down back. 

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

he looks like a 4.7 guy to me on tape though.

Guerendo 4.33....smoking

He looked faster to me once he accelerated.  But having run the 40 times plenty of times in another life -- bigger dudes tends to struggle with the get off. 

Irving's number is dissapointing.  

I am very curious to Wright and Watson.  I like Davis but his age bugs me. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He looked faster to me once he accelerated.  But having run the 40 times plenty of times in another life -- bigger dudes tends to struggle with the get off. 

Irving's number is dissapointing.  

I am very curious to Wright and Watson.  I like Davis but his age bugs me. 

I havent really been looking at every down backs for us. Because we really dont need one. I think Robinson is maturing into a good back. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rolo Tomasie said:

When I watched Davis this year he did a little too much dancing instead of north-south exploding.

I like him as a pass catcher.  The dude further down in the draft, Blake Watson, who I also like as a pass catcher, just found out he wasn't even invited to the combine.