Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

PFF new big board

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2024-nfl-draft-profiles-top-200-draft-prospects

1. QB CALEB WILLIAMS, USC

Williams has been one of college football's top playmakers for three years. He is always a threat to advance the football with his arms and legs. The NFL covets quarterbacks who can create on their own. No one does that better than Caleb Williams.

2. WR MARVIN HARRISON JR., OHIO STATE

Imagine if former Colts legend Marvin Harrison Sr. was 4 inches taller and 20 pounds heavier. That's a good way to explain his son as a prospect. MHJ's technique is beyond his years. He has elite body control, reliable hands and WR1 athletic ability.

3. QB DRAKE MAYE, NORTH CAROLINA

Maye possesses ideal NFL arm talent. He can hit just about any throw asked of him at the pro level with velocity and ball placement. He still puts the ball in harm's way with more turnovers than you'd like, but the magnitude of the good he can do as a passer far outweighs the bad.

4. WR MALIK NABERS, LSU

Turn on the tape, and it won't take long to realize Nabers moves differently than his peers. His body control and route-running potential are already good enough to stand out in the pros. He's a future focal point of an NFL passing attack.

5. T JOE ALT, NOTRE DAME

At 6-foot-8, Alt brings elite size to offensive tackle. He's been even better this year at using that size and length to his advantage, yet he maintains technique with leverage to mitigate any natural weaknesses.

6. TE BROCK BOWERS, GEORGIA

Bowers has been the best tight end in college football over the past two seasons. He might not get picked as early as Kyle Pitts, but many will think he's a better prospect because of what he can do as a blocker in addition to his receiving ability.

7. WR ROME ODUNZE, WASHINGTON

Odunze brings top-tier size, speed and strength to the receiver position. He has consistently dominated at the catch point this season and can reportedly run 4.3-4.4 at around 215 pounds.

8. CB COOPER DEJEAN, IOWA

DeJean is one of the most well-rounded athletes in college football. He can play outside cornerback, slot cornerback and even safety due to his size (6-foot-1 and 205 pounds) and speed combo. He also has some of the best ball skills of any defensive back in the class. He's one of the draft's top playmakers.

9. T OLUMUYIWA FASHANU, PENN STATE

Olu Fashanu is one of the smoothest movers we've seen in pass protection since Tyron Smith and Joe Thomas. His tenacity in the run game could be better, but he's a dream offensive tackle prospect for what he can do as a pass-blocker.

10. DI JER'ZHAN NEWTON, ILLINOIS

Newton, an all-around interior defensive lineman, is productive as both a run defender and a pass rusher. His overall size is on the smaller side, but his first step and elite hand speed allow him to live in backfields.

11. QB JAYDEN DANIELS, LSU

Daniels is a good dual-threat quarterback who has a ton of yards from scrimmage. Last year, he focused on taking care of the ball and had one of the lowest turnover-worthy play rates in the nation. This year, he's focused on playing better under pressure while pushing the ball downfield more often — and he's done both at career-high levels. His growth in all areas is encouraging and shows that he could be a QB to invest in.

12. T TALIESE FUAGA, OREGON STATE

Fuaga is a true mauler of an offensive tackle. His dominance in the run game catches your eye first, as he displaces opponents and finishes them from the play. But he's also well-versed in hand usage in pass protection, making for a well-rounded prospect.

13. CB NATE WIGGINS, CLEMSON

Wiggins has legit ball skills and shutdown athletic abilities. He needs to be more consistent in run defense and with the overall strength parts of his game, but he might be at the top of the list of corners you'd want to tell, “Go make sure that receiver doesn't catch the ball.”

14. EDGE DALLAS TURNER, ALABAMA

Turner entered 2023 as one of the class' best speed-rushing 3-4 outside linebackers. But this year, he looks like he has bulked up a bit to add new strength to his game and solidify his first-round status.

15. EDGE JARED VERSE, FLORIDA STATE

No player in college football has elevated their stock more over the past two seasons than Verse, who went from the FCS to a first-round talent. He's a weight-room warrior who forces offensive linemen to use all their strength to stay in front of him.

16. CB TERRION ARNOLD, ALABAMA

A former safety recruit, Arnold switched to cornerback during his redshirt season for Alabama and has since turned himself into a full-time starter. As a dual-sport athlete (football and basketball), he shows adequate explosiveness and movement control to play the position. He's also one of the highest-graded run defenders at the position. His inexperience still shows at times, but he's an extremely competitive player who shows traits of an NFL starter.

17. T JC LATHAM, ALABAMA

Latham is a super-sized offensive tackle at 6-foot-6 and 360 pounds, but he moves much better than one would expect for a player of his size. Consistency with his hand placement is still a work in progress, but he is a physically gifted big man to mold.

18. EDGE LAIATU LATU, UCLA

Latu has the best pass-rush profile of any edge rusher in the 2024 class. His hand usage, reaction time and first-step athleticism are first-round caliber in all categories.

19. CB KOOL-AID MCKINSTRY, ALABAMA

McKinstry has shutdown CB1 potential. For schemes that rely on more man coverage, he's very comfortable playing in press and with his back to the ball. Plus, he has one of the highest forced incompletion totals in the country over the past two seasons.

20. QB MICHAEL PENIX JR., WASHINGTON

Penix is a bit of a college football journeyman but is lighting up the scoreboard in 2023. His combination of experience and high-end arm talent is propelling him. He has a bit of an unorthodox throwing style — from his lower body mechanics to his throwing motion — but can sling it.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

PFF new big board

Olu starting to slide a little bit. People are starting to see the run blocking issues we all saw on tape. His value is higher than Lathams because he is a LT. But Latham might end up the better player. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RWJ said:

This is Brevyn's 2023 highlights.  Soft hands, leaps over defenders and love his blocking.  That is something that I believe Johnson wants in his TE is I'm not wrong.  They need to be able to block as they want to run the rock!  

I rarely watch highlights.    When I do, its usually after watching some games.  For example I doubt you'll see Brevyn drop 1 out of 4 passes on his highlights.  But you can see that in his games.

Be like my kid saying they got a C in History.  But lets talk about their 4 top grades on quizzes in that class.  If I just paid attention to that, they'd look like A students.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I rarely watch highlights.    When I do, its usually after watching some games.  For example I doubt you'll see Brevyn drop 1 out of 4 passes on his highlights.  But you can see that in his games.

Be like my kid saying they got a C in History.  But lets talk about their 4 top grades on quizzes in that class.  If I just paid attention to that, they'd look like A students.

Ya I watch highlights sometimes to start review, so I can see their ceiling and what they are capable of… and then I watch the regular games. Because highlights don’t tell you enough.

• Like 3

I don’t read up on the draft and the prospects until this time of year. I’m simple and I just did a quick comparison of howell vs maye. Figured it’s about as fair as it gets being that they overlapped at the same school… and honestly howells numbers are better. Please someone explain to me why maye is held in such high regard?  “Qb height” flirts with the “wr speed” measurable argument.

im all about quality > quantity and I want a franchise qb… but if our FO isn’t sold on any qb other than Caleb then I’d be way okay with Marv Harrison jr or the dreaded trade back.

2 minutes ago, CTskin said:

I don’t read up on the draft and the prospects until this time of year. I’m simple and I just did a quick comparison of howell vs maye. Figured it’s about as fair as it gets being that they overlapped at the same school… and honestly howells numbers are better. Please someone explain to me why maye is held in such high regard?  “Qb height” flirts with the “wr speed” measurable argument.

im all about quality > quantity and I want a franchise qb… but if our FO isn’t sold on any qb other than Caleb then I’d be way okay with Marv Harrison jr or the dreaded trade back.

QB height matters. It just does. It always has. There are outliers, yes. Absolutely. Being “shorter” doesn’t make an automatic bust. But, it doesn’t help. 

WR height is a much different thing, and WR height really only matters for a specific type of receiver. 

Maye is a better athlete and bigger and stronger than Howell.

I think Howell has more toughness and is a better playmaker. But a lot of Maye’s issues are mechanical. If he can get those straight his ceiling is through the roof. And the things he struggles with are pretty correctable.

You can’t ever teach Howell to be taller and faster (by a lot).

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Rogue Jedi said:

RG3 was RG3.

Jayden Daniels is Jayden Daniels, just as:

Josh Allen is Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson is Lamar Jackson, Drake Maye is Drake Maye, and Caleb is Caleb.

People need to just stop assuming that a player is going to turn out like another. All those players I've mentioned above may have similar traits, but also their own uniqueness, strengths and weaknesses that they bring to the table.

If you like a certain prospect better than the other, fine I have no problem with that. But stop with the bs he's gonna end up like RG3 because he's skinny and runs.

I am Gooseneck

8 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Ya I watch highlights sometimes to start review, so I can see their ceiling and what they are capable of… and then I watch the regular games. Because highlights don’t tell you enough.

Sometimes I'll do it too to recognize their uniform number before I watch some games.  But I've never summed up a player from highlights alone.  If i did I can run through these players fast but I need to take time and watch everything about the player warts and all.  Sometimes my cheat code is only watching 2 games but I never use highlights as a cheat code.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rogue Jedi said:

RG3 was RG3.

Jayden Daniels is Jayden Daniels, just as:

Josh Allen is Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson is Lamar Jackson, Drake Maye is Drake Maye, and Caleb is Caleb.

People need to just stop assuming that a player is going to turn out like another. All those players I've mentioned above may have similar traits, but also their own uniqueness, strengths and weaknesses that they bring to the table.

If you like a certain prospect better than the other, fine I have no problem with that. But stop with the bs he's gonna end up like RG3 because he's skinny and runs.

It’s just a comparative base. Everyone is different. But you use comparisons to talk about a style.

If I said Jordan Love reminds me of Aaron Rodgers am I saying he IS Aaron Rodgers? Of course not.

Skinny and running’s best NFL comparison, especially for Commando Land, is Griffin. Doesn’t mean he’s the same player.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CTskin said:

Go look at Mayes 22 stats instead. Sam never had a season close to it.  He was fantastic. Not making excuses for his 2023. But he did have a new OC and system to play in this past season. Along with an awful OL and only one good WR. Howell has a very good arm. Mayes is stronger. They both will throw the ball into tight windows. But Maye does it better. Maye will need some work on his footwork in the pocket. He gets his feet crossed up on occasion. But even when he does he can still throw a 40 yard lazer because of his arm strength. 

• Thumb up 1

Just now, KDawg said:

It’s just a comparative base. Everyone is different. But you use comparisons to talk about a style.

If I said Jordan Love reminds me of Aaron Rodgers am I saying he IS Aaron Rodgers? Of course not.

Skinny and running’s best NFL comparison, especially for Commando Land, is Griffin. Doesn’t mean he’s the same player.

Yeah the other thing about Daniels IMO that reminds me of RG3 is that flick of the wrist style delivery of the deep ball.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah the other thing about Daniels IMO that reminds me of RG3 is that flick of the wrist style delivery of the deep ball.

Yup, and a really nice looking deep ball. 

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Go look at Mayes 22 stats instead. Sam never had a season close to it.  He was fantastic. Not making excuses for his 2023. But he did have a new OC and system to play in this past season. Along with an awful OL and only one good WR. Howell has a very good arm. Mayes is stronger. They both will throw the ball into tight windows. But Maye does it better. Maye will need some work on his footwork in the pocket. He gets his feet crossed up on occasion. But even when he does he can still throw a 40 yard lazer because of his arm strength. 

Just… for the record… 

Howell’s best season was 38/7. So was Maye’s. Maye had more yards. Howell had running backs. Two of them. I don’t know that it’s fair to say he never had anything like it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Yeah that IMO is his superpower as a passer.  As you know he had killer receivers making plays for him including on the deep ball but he at a minimum placed the ball close enough for the WR to make a contested catch.

• Like 1

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah that IMO is his superpower as a passer.  As you know he had killer receivers making plays for him including on the deep ball but he at a minimum placed the ball close enough for the WR to make a contested catch.

People keep saying Daniels weakness is accuracy. That’s not correct. His weaknesses have nothing to do with accuracy…

It’s he doesn’t throw into many contested windows, he’s skinny and he has a quick run trigger and takes a lot of hits. His accuracy isn’t really an issue.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Just… for the record… 

Howell’s best season was 38/7. So was Maye’s. Maye had more yards. Howell had running backs. Two of them. I don’t know that it’s fair to say he never had anything like it.

Maye also had 700 yards and 7 TD's rushing in 22 on top of his passing stats. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

Maye also had 700 yards and 7 TD's rushing in 22 on top of his passing stats. 

Howell had 828/11 in the season that declined his draft value. They aren’t that different.

Maye is bigger and more athletic.

I am leaning more towards Daniels at this point. For the simple fact the he can dictate what defenses run against us. He is one of the 5 best running quarterbacks to ever enter the league. You cannot really run man coverage against a quarterback like this. This really helps you develop your playbook with zone and blitz beaters. I would say his floor would be Kyler Murray.

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Howell had 828/11 in the season that declined his draft value. They aren’t that different.

Maye is bigger and more athletic.

My original statement was Sam never had a season close to Maye's 22 season. And I stand by that.

10 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Just… for the record… 

Thank u and @clskinsfan for your response. That’s what I found also, yds/att, rating, completion percentage, Td/int were either very close or skewed toward howell.

im just terrified that we’ll pass up an all-generational wr talent for a qb bust… because when your stats are very comparable to howells then it’s not giving me a ton to be optimistic about. At least at the #2 pick.

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

People keep saying Daniels weakness is accuracy. That’s not correct. His weaknesses have nothing to do with accuracy…

It’s he doesn’t throw into many contested windows, he’s skinny and he has a quick run trigger and takes a lot of hits. His accuracy isn’t really an issue.

IMO he's risk averse and too much so.  He doesn't throw with anticipation aside from the deep ball.  And with the deep ball you got no choice but to throw with anticipation, you need to throw it before the receiver hits the targeted spot.  He throws a good deep ball.  But I did see Nabers, Thomas, Lacy bail him on some of those throws.  But that's fine.  If you give Terry a shot on the deep ball and its contested, my money is on Terry. 

It's part of the reason why if they draft Daniels, I'd desperate want to add another deep ball threat, and a dude who can make contested catches.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

I am leaning more towards Daniels at this point. For the simple fact the he can dictate what defenses run against us. He is one of the 5 best running quarterbacks to ever enter the league. You cannot really run man coverage against a quarterback like this. This really helps you develop your playbook with zone and blitz beaters. I would say his floor would be Kyler Murray.

You have way overhyped Daniels..he would not last running like he does..personally I see a very raw passer who looks to run when his first read is covered.