Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

Now I am even more confused about what to do with the #2 pick.

Thought Penix would show out tonight and solidify his arm and decision making talent... woops!  He played like a 1st round talent for much of the year, including last week, but turned into a pumpkin when the lights were the brightest.

I might be open for business with the #2 pick if the price is right.

Won't be mad with a move up for Caleb, but it seems like a massive longshot.

6 hours ago, Leonard Washington said:

I prefer we don't trade any future draft picks. I'm ok with trading players.

I poorly worded the post to which you're responding.  We could trade a couple of players for a #1 (such as packaging Terry and Jon since no one's giving us a first for either one).  I would also rather keep picks.

• Thumb up 1

Just now, Dark Acre said:

I poorly worded the post to which you're responding.  We could trade a couple of players for a #1 (such as packaging Terry and Jon since no one's giving us a first for either one).  I would also rather keep picks.

After the massive push by the entire team to get Terry 1k yards, do you really want to move him?

6 minutes ago, Dark Acre said:

I have seen a lot of people suggest trading Terry and I just can't get on board with that. Terry is a #2 but he's a leader and can really help a rookie and any new receiver we draft (I swear if we draft another tiny receiver I will lose my mind - we need someone 6'3+ and physical). Terry's not a #1 on the field at this point but he's consistent, a pro, has the right attitude and work ethic, and by all accounts is good in the locker room I really think he's necessary for any rookie. 

Now Jonathan Allen can go if he wants. 

Edited by ThatNFLChick

1 minute ago, method man said:

After the massive push by the entire team to get Terry 1k yards, do you really want to move him?

In a package for a 1st or to move up for Caleb if the brass decides he's it?  Yes.  Frankly, I'd trade or cut the entire team.  Start over completely.  Have the EPA condemn the stadium and change the name too.

• Like 2

Jon Allen didnt flash this year at all, but I also think he was banged up for much of the year and then he got frustrated and kinda punted on the year.

Won't shock me if he wants a trade, but I also think he is a smart guy who will see how things shake out before he does so. 

Ship him to the Bears for the #1 😂 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

I have seen a lot of people suggest trading Terry and I just can't get on board with that.

Depends on the price.

If someone offered a 1st round pick, you'd say no?

What if Chicago was willing to deal the top pick if Terry was packaged... You still a no on that?

1 minute ago, illone said:

Depends on the price.

If someone offered a 1st round pick, you'd say no?

What if Chicago was willing to deal the top pick if Terry was packaged... You still a no on that?

A 1st round pick? I would definitely consider that. 

I wouldn't package Terry to move up one spot. I'd gladly give them Allen, but not Terry, because what do we do at WR? Hope we can get Tee Higgins or the Colts don't re-sign Pittman? Draft a rookie and hope he picks things up faster than most rookie WRs do? I just think you have to give a rookie the best chance to succeed, especially on the offensive side of the ball.