Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

Just now, bearrock said:

Having the potential to be a franchise QB doesn't necessarily mean that prospect is worthy of being drafted #2.  Maye may be worth the 2nd pick, he may not be.  I think we're early in the draft/scouting process, so lots more to come from many different sources.

What are you gonna draft? A Lt?,a Wr? We have done that over and over throught the decades and it hasn't  produced any better results..if you don't take a chance ona QB you won't fi d one

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

watch a lot of film brother. Because 90% chance he is our number 2 pick. I would much prefer Williams. But Chicago is going to take him. I am fine with Maye. He reminds me of Burrow a lot on film. There are risks though with all of these guys. 

I’ve watched a bunch. Wholly unimpressed. But he’s big. And athletic. So if it’s him, okay. Not gonna see me jumping for joy but he’s got the physical traits. I think it’s the easy route… but GMs take the easy route for self preservation a lot.

I see why people think he has potential. 

It’s not like I’m watching him confused af.

I just see some real issues, too. 

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

I feel bad for Penix. He got pressured quite a bit and is clearly hurt. Either way, this game definitely didn't help his stock.

You just saw Penix against a real NFL defensive scheme. He was abysmal. And his right leg is not healthy at all. I will leave it at that. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KDawg said:

1. Because Howell was Maye before Maye.

2. Because I have learned from my Howell evaluations

3. because I had Howell as a 30ish ranked player in my rankings, I don’t think Maye is any better. Just bigger and faster. If that makes a guy better, okay.

4. I’m not sure where I rate Maye yet in the class as a whole. 
5. Again, I wouldn’t have taken Howell at 2.

6. Any QB with actual potential can be a potential franchise QB.

Is he faster? I just rewatched him vs Clemson and I'm not sure that he is that much faster than Howell tbh. He certainly wasn't running away from any of the players on Clemson's defense 

Edited by ThatNFLChick
  • Haha 1

Just now, Going Commando said:

My shortlist of players I would target with those high second rounders:

- Blake Corum

- Sedrick Van Pran

- Cooper Beebe

- JT Tuimaloa

- Jackson Powers Johnson

- Trey Benson

- Jeremiah Trotter

- Peyton Wilson

This is a convo I look forward to.

I’d add Xavier Legette based on early draft position thoughts but I don’t think there is a snowball’s chance in hell he’s there. 

I don’t like Trotter in the second. Otherwise that’s a nice list. 

1 minute ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Is he faster? I just rewatched him vs Clemson and I'm not sure that he is faster than Howell tbh. 

He’s faster. By quite a bit. Yes.

2 minutes ago, bh32 said:

What are you gonna draft? A Lt?,a Wr? We have done that over and over throught the decades and it hasn't  produced any better results..if you don't take a chance ona QB you won't fi d one

I'm on board with taking a QB at 2.  But I'm saying there's a lot more evaluation that needs to be done to determine who that QB should be.

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I’ve watched a bunch. Wholly unimpressed. But he’s big. And athletic. So if it’s him, okay. Not gonna see me jumping for joy but he’s got the physical traits. I think it’s the easy route… but GMs take the easy route for self preservation a lot.

I see why people think he has potential. 

It’s not like I’m watching him confused af.

I just see some real issues, too. 

Every QB has issues though..I get it at first I wanted MHJR,but the more I thought about it if we don't get a QB it's a waste to draft him.

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Is he faster? I just rewatched him vs Clemson and I'm not sure that he is faster than Howell tbh. 

Howell’s 40 yd dash at his Pro Day was 5.07.

I’ll end the suspense for you: Maye’s 40 at the Combine will be much faster. 

• Like 1

Just now, bh32 said:

Every QB has issues though..I get it at first I wanted MHJR,but the more I thought about it if we don't get a QB it's a waste to draft him.

Why do you keep making this about QB vs Non QB? I haven’t said not to go QB. I said I question Maye. They aren’t the same thing.

• Like 1

Just now, KDawg said:

Why do you keep making this about QB vs Non QB? I haven’t said not to go QB. I said I question Maye. They aren’t the same thing.

Well who else at QB?

4 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Is he faster? I just rewatched him vs Clemson and I'm not sure that he is that much faster than Howell tbh. He certainly wasn't running away from any of the players on Clemson's defense 

I would actually love to sit down and watch film with you. Put Maye side by side with Daniels and have you explain to me how Daniels is the better prospect. 

6 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

watch a lot of film brother. Because 90% chance he is our number 2 pick. I would much prefer Williams. But Chicago is going to take him. I am fine with Maye. He reminds me of Burrow a lot on film. There are risks though with all of these guys. 

I don't see the Burrow comparison that much.  Burrow's scouting coming out was superb decision making, accuracy, and great anticipation but somewhat limited arm strength (by NFL standards).  Maye has arm strength in spades and there's not a throw on the field he can't make.  He also shows traits of good anticipation, but sometimes he just blanks over easy open early option receivers.  He also has a lot of work to do with his footwork.  If Maye can approach even 90% of Burrow's decision making/accuracy/consistency and combine it with his arm strength, he is going to be a superstar in the NFL.  But that's the developmental guesswork part that requires a lot of evaluation.

6 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Howell’s 40 yd dash at his Pro Day was 5.07.

I’ll end the suspense for you: Maye’s 40 at the Combine will be much faster. 

I didn't know Howell was that slow. Ok I stand corrected on that one although Maye's game speed does not seem fast. I would be interested to see if he has a better 40 time than Daniel Jones 

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I would actually love to sit down and watch film with you. Put Maye side by side with Daniels and have you explain to me how Daniels is the better prospect. 

No thanks. We disagree and thats fine. 

Edited by ThatNFLChick
  • Haha 1

With Daniels, you’re not only gambling he becomes better at i) getting past his first read consistently before taking off and running and ii) he learns to throw with much greater anticipation, but you’re also gambling his slight frame will be able to hold up in the NFL for the next decade plus. 

I think he may be worth the gamble in a normal QB class, but not in this one. 

1 minute ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

He’s just overwhelmed that he got an invite to interview with the Commanders. Dreams do come true. 

Wait, did we really? This scares me. Rivera 2.0

• Like 1