Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

2 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

He was the guy I really wanted about a month ago when we were looking at the 8-10 range. 

Yeah. Posted a bunch of gifs and stuff about him. I think he is the best tackle in the draft. Being a RT that lowers his value some. But he is one hell of a player. 

6 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Can Ward is now going to be in that potential group, too. He’s 21.

Lots of good QBs in tier 2.

I haven't watched much Washington State so i don't have an instant opinion about Ward.  i am a traits guy when it comes to the 2nd tier in particular.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I haven't watched much Washington State so i don't have an instant opinon about Ward.  i am a traits guy when it comes to the 2nd tier in particular.  

6-2ish, 225ish, 4.8ish. Not traitsy. 

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

Need to have the man corners to do it though. 

You can do a lot with the front four in an even or 3+1 from an odd structure. 

You really also just need corners that understand the pressure and can cover for 2 seconds.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

54 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Good pick in the third round.  I know some here think he's going higher, I'd wager he doesn't go before the 3rd. 

I think you are right.  He is not the explosive running back.  He is more of a Brian Robinson or Kyren Williams guy.  Our running back Brian Robinson Jr. is a decent comp, runs with power, but enough burst for outside zone run.  Because he is a little more squat and shorter than Robinson, I think he is a little bit shifty.  Should be a good starting RB in the NFL.  That said in the NFL the dropoff at RB is not great compare to say Tackle, so you don't worry about missing out on a guy like Corum, so like you I think he is there in the 3rd round if you want him.

Saban had to have had a talk with his OL in this three hour halftime…

”Okay, guys. The guys wearing blue… and yellow… we’re supposed to block them. Let’s do that.”

22 minutes ago, philibusters said:

I think you are right.  He is not the explosive running back.  He is more of a Brian Robinson or Kyren Williams guy.  Our running back Brian Robinson Jr. is a decent comp, runs with power, but enough burst for outside zone run.  Because he is a little more squat and shorter than Robinson, I think he is a little bit shifty.  Should be a good starting RB in the NFL.  That said in the NFL the dropoff at RB is not great compare to say Tackle, so you don't worry about missing out on a guy like Corum, so like you I think he is there in the 3rd round if you want him.

I was actually impressed with Robinson in space this season. He really excelled in the passing game.